63 3.76%
  • 81-85

15 0.89%
  • OLDER THEN 85

7 0.42%
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of boolit casters

Boolit Buddy
    Started reloading about 4 years ago just turned 60. Found this web site about a year ago, lurked for awhile. Used to cast sinkers for fishing. I haven't cast any boolits yet but plan to very soon. I have collected and cast into ingots about 500# of range scrap and COWW's. I plan on getting a Lee bottom pour pot and a few molds to start over the long Thanksgiving weekend. Will probably be asking for help soon!

Boolit Master

There should be some way to update the poll. I posted that I was 73 when I voted into the 71-75 category. I'm now 77 and I'm sure there are a lot of others that have jumped to a different slot. Hopefully, enough young casters have come along to keep the hobby going.
    John
    W.TN

Age of boolit casters

I started casting when I was 22-23. Being a poor college student I needed a way to feed my new pistol.

I’m 32 now. Ten years...time flies.

Check out my website www.theballisticassistant.com

Boolit Master

55yo...started late 10 years ago...
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Grand Master

I don't remember when I voted on this poll but I'm proudly a member of the largest group! I started as a teenager but had a few gaps along the way due to life, family or work. Making up for it now!

Boolit Mold
    I'm with you. I started in my teens on a woodstove in my Dad's shop (converted dairy barn). He would burn pine and have the stove nearly glowing. I'm 31, and haven't cast anything for a long time now, but my son is getting old enough to be interested. Gotta start em young!

Boolit Buddy
    Started when i was 26........66 now.

Boolit Master
    I learned how to melt lead when I was 9 yrs old. My dad had a friend who was an avid fisherman, and cast his own sinkers. I wanted to do the same. My dad took a piece of heavy sheet metal and pounded into a ladle like thing, to melt lead, on the kitchen stove. We didn't know any better back then. The ladle held maybe 2 lbs. When my parents would have to go somewhere, I would get the ladle out and start melting all the wheelweights I had picked up and the odd pieces of lead I could find by the power poles. I had been warned not to melt lead while alone, but I was a little bit of a rebel, and did it anyway. I was always careful, never got burned or spilled molten lead. Never did cast any sinkers, just melted the lead, let it harden in the ladle, dumped the "ingot", and melted more lead. Of course, my parents could always tell, by the smell in the house when they returned. Never got more than a slight scolding.

Boolit Buddy

45 years old until next March. Only been actively casting 6 months.

Boolit Master
    This was interesting.

I'm 56 and started around 35. Don't know much yet - but I'm working on it. Discovering Hi Tek coating got me back into casting big time. And big boolits,that's where most of the fun is for me.

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    I'm 38. I started reloading about 4 years ago, and casting and powder coating about 2 years ago. What's next? Swaging? The way I do hobbies I'll have a full lineup of BT Sniper products two months after I swage my fist bullet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    I am 47 and my first press was a Dillon 550B when I was 39. Starting collecting lead and casting soon after. Sure wish I would have gotten into this years ago. It is addictive for sure!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m 43. I started this adventure really about 2 years ago.

Boolit Buddy
    I begin casting in 1960. I will be 81 in January.

Boolit Master
    I started when I was stationed in Germany, shooting a cap and ball revolver. 23yrs old. Had about 20 year break in shooting and casting, then back at it again. So only about 20 years casting experience.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm 33, just started this year. I got interested because I'd like to keep ammo cost for shooting ipsc down. But now that I've gotten into shooting, I can't wait to purchase some bigger calibers to cast for and shoot..

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    I started in my mid-teens in the mid-60s. (Back room of the local gun shop. He taught me how to reload and cast) My most active period was my mid-20 to late 30s when I was involved in PPC shooting as a LEO. I do cast some for rifles but mostly for pistols and revolvers. Been a few years when the volume was very low due to life getting in the way. When I retired a few years ago, I got back into it and for a year or so cast and reloaded a whole bunch. I am sitting on a pile of bullets for most of my cast bullet shooters so I have slowed down on the casting and tried to pick up on the shooting part. Again life (read: Old Age) gets in the way and I don't shoot as much as I would like! In the future, some one is going to get a heck of a deal on my casting empire (and everything else). Where I live now I don't know anyone that casts. Most of the young guys are only interested in blazing away with ARs or shooting into the next time zone at steel plates.(I do those things also but not to the exclusion of all other types of shooting.) As you can probably tell, by my rambling, I am racing head long, into geezerhood. I am 70

Boolit Grand Master
    In my late 60's. Started reloading when I was 17 and casting at 22.

I will always reload. Casting is not fun for me...it is a chore to get inexpensive bullets to shoot my pistols and pistol caliber rifles.

For the hunting I do, jacketed bullets are superior and easier to get accurate loads for. I have about 10,000 jacketed bullets for the AR's and .30 caliber rifles. I have molds for rifle calibers but just in case the SHTF and bullets are not available.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    39 now, started casting when I was 35.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    60, Been collecting what I need but have not made the jump yet, still need a good burner and I'm too cheap to buy new, used prices around here run close to the new ones, anytime now I'll make the jump.
    Been reloading for about 30 yrs now, I've got a drawerfull of dies and multiple single and progressive presses mounted.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast