RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: FWIW: good deals on gunbroker

Boolit Master

FWIW: good deals on gunbroker

I'm no salesman for these guys but I've recently bought 3 shotguns off Gunbroker that were about 1/2 of what I thought they would bring. Must be a really weak market out there in the real economy. just in case you're looking....Or maybe just maybe folks laugh out loud these days at old Wingmasters in good shape, Browning 2000s and the USH. Look long enough in the postings with no reserve and you might find a jewel.

In Remembrance

Wish I could. I've been kicked off there for awhile now. Never could figure out why exactly.
    C-
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Boolit Master

Per your reference....Orwell musta had a point.

While I have never purchased a firearm on Gunbroker, it is a terrible place for me to visit. I end up with a bad case of the 'wants' and can't 'affords'.

Boolit Grand Master

There always seems to be deals on shotguns. But I have my bases covered already. Now old levers there never seem to be any at a price I'm willing to pay. I've stopped looking because it led to a few to many impulse buys.

Boolit Grand Master

For popular items you have to get luck and keep trying. I bid on 70 or 80 original Winchester 1885 Highwalls before I won one that as well under market value.

Boolit Master

given the closing of the barrel program I am surprised USH are reasonably priced.

Boolit Master

Me too. But got luckey I guess and just got one like new for $205 including fees and shipping, a good old Wingmaster with a polychoke for $180 inclusive and my favorite wing shooter of all time, a Browning 2000 for $226.60 inclusive. All were from pawn/gun shops with no reserve and look better than the ones I bought years ago new and used hard. Also got an LGS buddy on my end who doesn't charge me anything as I buy some stuff from him on occasion. My slush fund is gone now though and It took several months to score these deals.

HT,

Too bad your slush fund dried up, there is a Tar Hunt DSG on your favorite auction site.

BB

Boolit Master

They didn't charge me anything to look though! And that would be too pretty to spray paint anyway

Vendor Sponsor

I bought two complete Auto Ordnance 1911A1 frames off GB, one was $260 + shipping the other $300. Kahr owns AO now and has improved the quality and fitment immensely from what they used to be. Made in USA too!

I was very happy with the items I bought for the $$ I spent.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Bub
    I've found the shotgun market to be very seasonal. I buy and sell quite a bit on there. A shotgun you can't give away in August brings top dollar in December/January. Actually that applies to other types of guns also.

Boolit Master

That's actually hilarious.

So no one buys guns cause they are too busy hunting. Then they are stuck inside with cabin fever and spend too much money because their imagination has been running wild for a month straight.