MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi-point 45 acp.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post
    I heard nearly the same thing from an adjacent shooter at the range. It was an elderly guy probably in his mid 70's. He remarked, almost bragged to another shooter that struck up a conversation with him during the break. He claimed to have shot 10 boxes through it without a single jam before he cleaned it.
    Normally i'm pretty picky about my guns being clean. My EDC guns will get cleaned even if I only ran a couple mags through it. It may be a quickie clean but a clean none the less. I actually enjoy cleaning them as much as shooting & reloading. The Hi Point, I want to see how reliable it is when filthy dirty. Its just a range toy for now but I want to know if I can trust my life with it should I need to. So I'm running cheap steel case because it is cheap and it is dirty. The gun is about as simple as they come so i'm sure it will run fine but for once, i'm breaking my OCD rule of leaving a gun dirty.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mytmousemalibu View Post
    I have a 995TS carbine, the gun is reliable and accurate and eats the crappiest of ammo with a smile. I am intentionally not going to clean it for a while, haven't since new, as I want to see what it can take. Not a normal practice for me. I mostly feed it cheap & dirty steel case, Tula, Herter's, Monarch, just the cheapest 9mm ball I can find! I would like to find one of the ATI stocks that are NLA, makes it look like a Beretta Cx4 Storm, anything is an improvement over its factory look though!
    I have several Hi Point pistols and a couple of carbines. You are going to wear your finger out before it stops. Cheap, ugly and dead reliable. Great nightstand or truck gun.

I took 2 9mm carbines on vacation with me and ran about every type and configuration of ammo through both. HP, Solid, Reload, Factory Reload, Lead, Plate, Solid etc...didn't seem to matter.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Just my 2 cents. I have a hipoint c9. 1000+ rounds trew it and the onlx time its ever gave me problems is when i bough some zq1 ammo at wallyworld. Ever 2 or 3 rounds i would get a failure to eject due to the case swelling and locking to the breach. Poped them out by hand with a rod and used them up. I dont have experence with the 45 but for the money u wont get a better gun. Plus it has a true lifetime waranty. If it ever breaks hipoint will fix or replace it even if u are not the original owner.
    I cast therefor I shoot. Or is it the outher way around?

Boolit Master

I also have a 45 carbine. My only wish is that it took 1911 mags, but it's great for what it is.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfobj View Post
    I also have a 45 carbine. My only wish is that it took 1911 mags, but it's great for what it is.
    +1

I hate those mags... I bleed after loading a few... I'd really like double stack Glock mags.

Boolit Master

Glock mags would be even better. My Kel tec sub 2000 in .40 takes glock mags. Love it too.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I have several Hi Point pistols and a couple of carbines. You are going to wear your finger out before it stops. Cheap, ugly and dead reliable. Great nightstand or truck gun.

I took 2 9mm carbines on vacation with me and ran about every type and configuration of ammo through both. HP, Solid, Reload, Factory Reload, Lead, Plate, Solid etc...didn't seem to matter.
    It sounds like you likely have put many more rounds downrange with yours than I have mine. Great to hear it is so reliable for you too! I have run everything but cast through mine, no problems. I will feed it some cast boolits here in the near future!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

I have a 4095 carbine and two 995 carbines. All are dead reliable and boringly accurate. They just shoot and hit, shoot and hit..... Just too much fun!

I just took it out again this morning and ran 200 rounds with lyman 452374 full Power ball loads.they cycled perfectly shot fantastic.I let three others shoot it and they walked away grinning and confused how a club of a pistol is so easy to shoot and reliable.. I also used tula steel cases for my reloads to keep with the El cheapo style I'm swinging
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

When I bought my 4095, I bought two boxes of ammo and went to an indoor range. Took it out of the box and started shooting, no sight adjustments at all. These are the two targets, one box of 50 rounds through each. There's some flyers that were my fault, due to fatigue and black sights against a black target, but overall it just put them through the same hole over and over. Got to where I had to aim for the edges to see my hits.

Funny thing, there was a bulldyke range officer there, and she couldn't wait to see my cheap *** HiPoint blow up in my face, so she stood behind me to watch the show. She finally stomped away in disgust as the carbine just kept on doin' its thing.

Not sure of the distance, but probably a typical 25 yd. indoor range. Targets all the way to the end.

Boolit Master

There seem to be two camps existent with respect to Hi-point carbines.... those who dislike them and those who have actually owned and shot them.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Quote Originally Posted by frkelly74 View Post
    There seem to be two camps existent with respect to Hi-point carbines.... those who dislike them and those who have actually owned and shot them.
    That says it best.

Well I can't stop shooting the thing. I ran 200 through it today in two range sessions with no problems. I have settled on the steel cases and the cast ball load equivelent.I am shooting this gun as good as any other service type gun I have shot.today a group of tactical guys were blazing away with their glocks and xd's and was shooting groups as good at the close 7 yard targets.I'm a pretty crappy pistol shot so a good shooter really would have embarassed them.

Boolit Master

I have a Hi-Point 9mm pistol and carbine, and I would love to get the same setup in 45. My only complaint is somebody put the ATI stock on the carbine at some point and I just haven't sprung for the new target stock yet to get it back to stock new/condition.

Frkelly74 nailed it. Lots of Hi-Point owners and lots of Hi-Point haters...good luck trying to find one in the same. Is it it a Sig? Nope, but it doesn't pretend to be either. It's just bombproof and goes bang.

If you haven't seen the Hi-Point torture tests by IraqVeteran8888 on youtube, do yourself a favor and spend a half hour watching somebody try to murder a hi-point.

Boolit Master
    It's a ********* We used to call them throw-down guns back in the day. What ever floats your boat man....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tar Heel View Post
    It's a ********* We used to call them throw-down guns back in the day. What ever floats your boat man....

Ya know, there are several products out there that I just can't stand and that some people love and since no one is forcing me to buy and use one of those products there is no real reason for me to bash them is there? Some folks just have to stir the pot. Guess that's what "floats their boat".

James

Boolit Master

It all depends on your definition of *********

If you are looking for reliability, solid construction, durability, and customer service, then you can pick up most modern firearms and be completely happy. When you balance cost against those 4 characteristics, you find yourself with a "value." Considering only those 4, Hi-Point's are perfectly acceptable if not great.

If you add fit & finish beyond what it takes to be reliable, looks, brand recognition, and ego to the mix of what you are looking for in a firearm, then Hi-Point is indeed a *********

If it's not your thing, then so be it. It's like trying to argue about supercars with a guy who just loves his rusty '78 F100 because it always runs, looks be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tar Heel View Post
    What Floats my boat is adding opinionated idiots to my ignore list.you made it!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfobj View Post
    You CAN modify 1911 mags to work with the 45 carbine, so it should work with the handguns as well. There is a youtube on the conversion. It is quick, and easy from what I remember.

I let a lady shoot it tonight and it stovepiped every shot.I thought well its finally what some people say they are!! I took it back and shot the 50 below at 7 yards to gain confidence in the gun again . I'd never taken limp wristing as a cause for jams,but this was a case of it.once I showed her to hold different it cycled fine.

Attachment 146840

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast