Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi-point 45 acp.

Hi-point 45 acp.

My local shop just took one in unfired and I got it for really cheap with an extra magazine.i must say besides the spongy trigger and odd balance its reliable and accurate.it feeds all bullet shapes and hits dead on.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

I have a hi-point .380, 9mm, and .40 S&W. The .380 and .40 are very accurate. Not so much for the 9mm, but all three are reliable.

Boolit Bub
    Mine works good. 45acp. Harder to take apart. But it shoots good
    been looking at the riffle version

Boolit Man
    Got the 45 Carbine. Hate the looks, love the function.

I once loaded up 500 **** rounds by mistake... (Loaded up 10, they functioned fine in my Ruger P97- at first, but horribly in all of my 1911's and later had about 1-10 malfunctions in my Ruger as well)

PO'd at myself, I left them in boxes under the bench for 2 years.

On a whim, bought the 45 Carbine, and she digests those **** plated rounds like nothing. All 500 shot in an afternoon without a hickup.

(I don't shoot it around friends however... Kinda like mopeds and... You know)

I'm taking it out tomarrow, but early before anybody I know is at the range.I'm going to shot a bunch of steel tula ammo cases I loaded with the 454190 for a mac 10.

Boolit Master

I like the 40 and 45 pistols, and the 380. The 9mm, back then sucked.
    The 9mm in the carbine platforn is great.

I put a set screw in the "safety" and made it permently unsafe. Kept it loaded with a an empty chamber.

Jerry
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master
    They are ugly, blocky, and heavy but the 45 ACP I worked on for a friend was accurate and light on recoil due to the heft of the slide. It would eat anything that I put at it which was basically anything I loaded that may not have worked 100% in my pistols. Have to say my friend has shot the heck out of that cheap damn firearm and it just keeps on going.

Boolit Master

I had a 45 ACP for a short time. I scored it at a yard sale with cloth holster and extra mag for only $70.00. I only shot it on one outing using a hodge-podge of handloads. Shot over 100 rds of home and commercial cast, plated and jacketed. All were various bullet weights, powder charges and some 10+ years or more old. Not a single failure to function.

I traded the 45 + some cash recently for a Hi Point 9MM Carbine. I haven't had a chance yet to shoot the carbine but if it is as reliable as the 45. I'll be a happy camper. The carbine isn't much more than a mild recoiling range toy. I intend to use it teaching my 13 year old granddaughter to shoot long guns.

Banned
    Have a 4595 45acp carbine. Fun to shoot accurate but trigger sucks. Does anyone make an aftermarket trigger for them?

My wife has 380, it works every time the trigger is pulled. Recoil is similar to a 22lr.

It ate everything that I fed it today.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HARRYMPOPE View Post
    It ate everything that I fed it today.
    Yep..............seems that this straight blow back design works well indeed. Of course there are some hi-points that make it through quality control that are not up to standard but that goes for just about any manufacture these days.

How easy -or not- are the carbines to clean. Since Carbines are by nature ammo gluttons I wonder how cleaning them works out on a time basis.
    regards,

The carbines (I have the 9mm) are tedious to breakdown for cleaning. I ended up finding a You Tube video for the re-assembly. There was one evolution that was tricky. Been a few years, so I can't recall the detail. The video was descriptive enough to follow and really helped.

Boolit Buddy
    I had one in .45 for 6 years, never had any troubles aside from wearing a magazine out. One of the local gunsmiths actually carries one in .40 as his EDC; he's former military and loves the heft of the thing. For me, they certainly wouldn't be a concealable firearm, but a bedside stand gun or truck gun would be a good role for them. Could even throw one in the tackle box for those really big fish, or snapping turtles.
    "Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one--the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts.." - C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

Boolit Master
    Got a 45, 9 and 9 carbine. reliable, accurate, heavy, low recoil. Some say they are ugly. If this bothers you, take it to the range in a paper bag. Others will be jealous when they see how much fun you have with it.

Boolit Master
    I have a 995TS carbine, the gun is reliable and accurate and eats the crappiest of ammo with a smile. I am intentionally not going to clean it for a while, haven't since new, as I want to see what it can take. Not a normal practice for me. I mostly feed it cheap & dirty steel case, Tula, Herter's, Monarch, just the cheapest 9mm ball I can find! I would like to find one of the ATI stocks that are NLA, makes it look like a Beretta Cx4 Storm, anything is an improvement over its factory look though!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mytmousemalibu View Post
    I am intentionally not going to clean it for a while,
    I heard nearly the same thing from an adjacent shooter at the range. It was an elderly guy probably in his mid 70's. He remarked, almost bragged to another shooter that struck up a conversation with him during the break. He claimed to have shot 10 boxes through it without a single jam before he cleaned it.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I love the concept, however I really wish they had given it a similar stock to the discontinued Ruger PC carbine.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    My 4595 just shoots flat out well. Ugly, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say. I don't think that it looks so bad compared to some others that I have seen. No problems in 4 years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast