RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: The 357M in the rifle

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar

The 357M in the rifle

I don't know. Who has the formula?
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Banned
    What kind of load are you looking for?

I have some hard cast, bevel base 125 grain, truncated cone bullets to shoot in a Navy Arms 357 carbine. I would like full power without leading if that is possible. I was looking for some successful loads of any weight though. BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Master

Wherever they hire Philosophers & Misanthropes...
    I believe the Navy Arms is still a Rossi - which means you can do pretty much anything.

There's the "Junior Load" of C358180RF over 16gr LiLgun for 1800fps to whack deer.

Then there's everything below that down to my favorite pure-lead 358156HP and 1.5gr Titegroup as a "Catsneeze"

With a hardcast 125 you are on the "light" side for shooting at distance, but it wil be an OK plinker.

What powders do you have on hand?
    A Democrat that owns Guns is like a Vegan that owns Cats...
    C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
    Gott und Gewehr mit uns!...
    Death is only The End if you assume the Story is about You.
    1.618034 Fnord
    מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין - Daniel 5:25-28 - Got 7.62?

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

I figure 1500 to 1600 fps max with that bullet before you have a leaded bore.

Banned

use some unique or titegroup or 231
    and shoot at 50 yds till you hit at p.o.aim

Thanks. I have unique,clays, titegroup, 700x, green/blue dot, 5744, 2400,lil gun. What about that rn flatnose 180? I am just not familiar with that, or even know who makes it.
    BvT

BvT

Boolit Master

Wherever they hire Philosophers & Misanthropes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Trollwhack View Post
    ... What about that rn flatnose 180? I am just not familiar with that, or even know who makes it...
    We did. It was a Cast Boolits Group Buy of a LAR 45 design.
    A Democrat that owns Guns is like a Vegan that owns Cats...
    C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
    Gott und Gewehr mit uns!...
    Death is only The End if you assume the Story is about You.
    1.618034 Fnord
    מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין - Daniel 5:25-28 - Got 7.62?

Boolit Buddy
    If anyone has a mould that throws that bullet for sale, well, I'd sure like to make an offer.

I think my Navy Arms 92 is really a Rossi. But when I bought it I bought a box of 125s, 140s and 158, all j-type at claimed max levels. The 125, shoot cloverleafs at 100, the others not at all good. I'm thinking of 125s and hate to mold or buy 180s as it looks like the dreaded 30 something twist. But I just haven't done anything serious yet for loads with it, And I would like to cast if possible, with hard times coming. I mean if the 125/357 is the load for defence it sure ought to work on little NC does. BvT

BvT

Baron, Try a GC boolit

At max speeds the 357156 gc works fine with 15 gr of old 2400.

for a plinker I use a 115 gr soupcan ahead of 2-2.5 gr of Bullseye, for super slow load that is a real squirrel killer.

Mine is a 1980's rossi.

Love that gun.

TwoTrees

Boolit Buddy
    I cast Lyman's 358477 (154grains with Lyman #2 alloy) for my Marlin rifle. Loaded with 12 grains of Blue Dot in a .357 Mag case I'm getting about 1700-1800 fps. I would describe the leading as "slight" which can be all cleaned out with no more than 2-3 tight fitting tee-shirt cotton patches. I make my #2 alloy by adding a lb of tin (pewter mostly) to 19lb of wheelweight metal.

Highly recommended!
    Michael

Boolit Buddy
    I use the Lee C358-180 RF bullet with 12 grains of IMR-4227 in a Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited,357 magnum for Pistol Cartridge Silhouette
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Grand Master
    180 gr rfn boolit, speed green lube, gas check, 13.0 gr 5744. Oh my!. Of course, in my gun only, on Saturday mornings, preceding a thunder storm, with months with an "R" in them, and all the other liability disclaimers. Start 10% below and work up with a view towards pressure signs.

I've been playing with the 358477 cast of 2/3 WW and 1/3 lino and it appears to be coming to bear at the 14.5/2400 level. Another 40-50 rounds will improve the story. Hopefully it will do 1 1/2" @ 100 with the irons, no gas check of course, no leading, and then Ill put the chrono to it.. BTW no sizing as it casts out at .359 and I'm using thinned LLA. I stuffed one bullito in a 9mm unprimed case and it feeds and ejects manually from a sigma. Wouldn't that be wonderful to make it .356 and have it run well there too? Talk about a cheap bullet? BvT

BvT