Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1st At PC, need some help

Boolit Master
    I am using the Lee 452-200 rf boolit which does seem a bit wide on the nose. It works fine in my 45 colt guns that I have tried. I am wondering if I should get the 452-200 SWC boolit for use in the .45 autos. I think that might provide more clearance and eliminate the boolits being forced into the rifling when closing the action. Any thoughts?

Rosewood

You can seat deeper to solve the problem or like I did, get accurate to cut you a mould that is 0.003 smaller in front of the bands. If you are sticking with coating, you can get slick sided which works fine. I use TC for 9 & 40, no feed problems - I don't know about SWC in 45 - I'd check it out first.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    You can seat deeper to solve the problem
    I don't know about SWC in 45 - I'd check it out first.
    seating a bit deeper has worked for me in 9mm
    but i only run SWC in 45
    both the LEE TL452-200 and the 452-200 H&G 68 clone sized to .452 perrrrfect !!

Boolit Master
    I am thinking that semi-wadcutter may be the ticket. I took the tight boolits and seated them until they would sit flush in my barrel and it was way deeper than I wanted. The RNFP is fine in 45 colt. I used to use commercial RNFP in 45 colt and 45 acp but I remember my sig P220 didn't like those and would misfeed (always perfect with j-words though). I wonder how it would do with cast PC'd semi-wadcutters. It is my favorite pistol and I would love if it would shoot cast.

Thanks,

Rosewood

Boolit Buddy
    Both of those boolits used to feed fine in my Glock 21. They both feed fine in my XDS. Simply adjust the seating depth, but it does require deep seating for the XDS. The SWC was the most accurate for me.........Mike

Just tried the same thing and ran across similar results. Poor coverage with the HF red but Smokes powder came out beautifully. I did find however that I had better coverage when shaking up and down in a cool whip container than swirling.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Like popper says, a smaller nose is working a lot better for me as I'm in the same fight only with 9mm Luger. When seating the Lee 356-125-2R and the 356-120-TC I have to seat to 1.080 to get them to plunk test. With the TL-356-124-R I can seat at 1.135. On the plus side the 356-125 sized .358 works very well in my Ruger 77-357. Gp

I coat everything now, TC in 40 & 9. I cast a lot of them - when we do shoot it's like 4-500 rnds, GKs and all (last 'shoot' was 4 GK & 2 adults). Custom mould is worth it to me, solves all the tolerance problems - I've worn out 2 Lee molds.
    Whatever!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123