RepackboxWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Problem with G2

Boolit Master

Problem with G2

I just shot a IHMSA match yesterday and developed a problem on my 3rd chicken. The center fire/ rim fire selector on the hammer started to rotate off of the center fire position every time I shot. Either it rotated to the center safety position or all the way to the rim fire position. I had to move it back to center fire position each time before firing the next round. Looking at the pins on the hammer, it looks as if there is a chip on the center fire pin. I don't know if this is causing the problem or not. I was shooting my 357max with 17gr of 4227 and an NOE 180 gr sil bullet. That shouldn't be that heavy a load to be a problem. I guess I may have to contact T/C. Anyone else experience this.
    Last edited by ubetcha; 07-28-2015 at 06:57 AM.
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Banned
    good luck if you call smith & wesson. (they have taken over tc)

you could call ( http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/ ) bellms. or you could go to specailty pistols ( http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums ).
    i only have an encore, but the guys on sp have 'tenders. they will help you out.

By all reports S&W is doing a good job with T/C customer guns. Let us know how they treat you.

Boolit Grand Master

I have been waiting over a month with me contacting T/C 4 times for a call tag so I can ship my G1 and 357 Mag barrel in for repair. Still don't have the tag.

Boolit Master
    I called T/C on Wednesday and told them about my concern. The lady that I talked to ask if I had the serial number handy so she could send a shipping label. I didn't have it at the time so I called again on Thursday and talked to a Matt who sent me a shipping label to my email to print up. Sent it out on Friday and this morning according to the tracking number its in Connecticut already. Only problem is, he said right now turn around time is 6-8 weeks. But I figure, the sooner I get it in, hopefully the sooner it will be back.
    Last edited by ubetcha; 08-03-2015 at 07:49 AM.
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Well guess what? I got my G2 back today all fixed and good as new. No charge under warranty. They even fixed the 44 mag bbl I put on it when I sent it. The 44mag bbl is the second bbl I had purchased for my Contender. I didn't want to send my Bellm chambered 357 max because if it took awhile to fix I could still shoot silhouettes using it on my Contender frame. The 44 bbl was hard to close and latch on the G2 frame.Now it closes and latches smooth as butter. Very happy with S&W-T/C service. They replaced the hammer,sear and sear spring.
    Life NRA member

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    By all reports S&W is doing a good job with T/C customer guns. Let us know how they treat you.
    Thanks for the follow-up.

Boolit Grand Master

I'll have to give them a call in the morning.

Boolit Master
    it is a shame that they do nothing for any of the black powder guns.

Boolit Master
    Used the G2 in this months silhouette match and it worked flawlessly. I wish I could say the same about my shooting though.
    Life NRA member

Thomas Jefferson