Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Benjamin Discovery

Boolit Buddy
    The .22 is the only one I'd consider as I already have a 392. I just want something with a little more punch that will take a scope better than the 392 will.

Boolit Master

Nice job. I use to hunt ground hogs years ago but I almost hate killing them anymore. They use to be a real problem here till the coyotes moved in. Now you don't hardly see them anymore. They do OK close to people where the yotes don't like coming. I use to have a 22 Hornet that went everywhere with me around the farm.
    Early in the spring I use to go to western KY to hunt them with a friend, wasn't unusual to get 20 to 30 a day.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by SharpsShooter View Post
    You don't necessarily have to limit yourself to tree rats.

Attachment 145721
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Master

It takes about 50-60 strokes to bring the Disco backup up to pressure, but the Hatsan 44 takes a hundred and they get to be exercise towards the end.

jmorris
    I did not see a bleed valve in the pictures for that tank/fill adapter, is there one?
    Any idea of the original build date on those tanks?
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Quote Originally Posted by TCLouis View Post
    jmorris
    I did not see a bleed valve in the pictures for that tank/fill adapter, is there one?
    Any idea of the original build date on those tanks?
    There are 4 photos in that link the first and last must be the old style the two middle photos (ones with rock in them) are what they send now with the knurled bleeder) the tanks are ones they get (likely in bulk) reprint and recert, dates will be all over the place. If I were to order one I would give a call first.

I purchased one through pyramid air, accuracy was poor. Inspection found that .5" of the rifling lands were missing. Pyramid offered exg which I agreed to provided that they remove the front sight and examine the lands on the end of the barrel. All 7 in stock had the same issue and I was directed to crossman. After two exgs and months later the exg failed to hold pressure after one months use. Crossman tech received it and reported that the valve was an older type that had leak issues and he replaced it with a newer one (Keep in mind that I had purchased a NEW air rifle from pyramid air). Final got it back and groups were fine (stacking them at 20yrds) but POI kept changing due to barrel ring movement. Purchased a second and did the 6 screw mod for both, finally the rifle is shooting consistent .25" groups @ 20yds. I asked Crossman to extend my warrantee beyond date of purchase and they refused. The Disco is a fine air gun IF the quality control is good. Unfortunately for the consumer it can be a risky purchase.

I haven't had any problems with my Disco but did have to return an Mrod that wouldn't shoot well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12