MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: Hollywood Serial Numbers?

Boolit Buddy

Hollywood Serial Numbers?

I seem to recall in a discussion here that Hollywood did not apply serial numbers to their equipment. The Automatic Shotshell Reloader that I have has a 3 digit number prominently stamped and filled in with white paint. Is this a serial number or some other identifier?

Since Hollywood has been owned by several different people over the years, it's possible that one of them did add a serial number. Neither of my Seniors has a serial number.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Banned
    The presses were not serial numbered. But on a complicated press like an automatic that could be an assembly number. Used to keep the parts fitted to that frame in order.

Just a guess.

Ken

Boolit Master

I believe that since Hollywood made presses in batches of 100, they numbered the frames from 1-100 to differentiate one from another. On one of my Model-IIs, there is a 3-digit number (086) stamped on the underside of the arm that holds the priming arm. I believe there is a number on my Model-III, but am not certain as it covered with paint.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.