Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My nut house.

Banned

looks great. I just went to my last aunt's funeral and my cousin sent me home with about 20lbs of perch so fish is on the table tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    I know what you guys mean there are some thing ya just got to do yourself,

Boolit Grand Master

My wife and I are polar opposites. I was raised on cajun food, southern black pepper, Mexican food, and Indian curry.
    She was raised to eat like a yanker. Instant mashed potatoes, McDonalds burger (catchup only (shudder)). I don't see how she can stand to hork down this bland cheesy chicken casserole, and she can't see how I can stand to savor the taste of fresh jalapeno peppers.
    Oh well. Give me a bottle of Louisiana hot sauce and I can muscle my way through anything, and after all, the grill is mine!
    Attachment 145732

Attachment 145733

Attachment 145734

Attachment 145735
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Master
    Tim, we've never been very far apart on anything; especially food. Smokeywolf's smoker doesn't go a week without a good long heat cycle. Whole family loves spicy. We go through crushed, ground and cracked pepper (all the colors) at a pretty good clip. Also, I keep a bottle of 12 year old single malt on the bottom shelf of my computer workstation.

Your rocks glass also gives me an idea. I should get the family crest emblazoned on several. Right now our crest is only on a sealing ring, which has been passed down since around 1700.

Just noticed, would that be a Malcolm custom knife positioned next to those ribs?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master

Unfortunately no. I made over 200 hand forged knives and every one of them was sold or given away. It's a sad reality of my personality that once I make something I feel I have to kick it out of the nest in order to make room for the next creation. Never mind the fact that years later I wish I had kept just one, but that's life I suppose.
    The knives you see in that tray are a Rapela filet knife that I like very much, and a Spyderco kitchen knife. Both are very fine tools.

The crest is very symbolic to me. Our moto is inscribed below: In Ardua Tendit which loosely translated means "He attempts difficult things" which we do, and we usually succeed. My family is directly descended from the scottish king Malcolm III
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_III_of_Scotland
    We kept very careful records from the time we landed in America to the present (grandpa even had an old dress uniform complete with the tartan and socks which my grandmother burned out of spite (yeah, we really can pick 'em)) but with the advent of genealogical records being placed on the internet for anyone to see, my father was able to pick up where our records left off, and we were surprised to find a very strong linage. Our family holds castle Duntrune in Argyll Scotland and has since the 1700s
    http://www.duntrunecastle.com/
    My sister actually went there to visit. She was very well received and returned with lots of information we were not privy to before, and a bottle of Malcolm made scotch (which was delicious).

I would encourage anyone to research your family heritage and find out where your people hail from. It can be a fascinating study!

Moderator Emeritus

I could laser engrave it onto glass(no lead crystal, it shatters from the heat)... has a frosted look.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Tim, we've never been very far apart on anything; especially food. Smokeywolf's smoker doesn't go a week without a good long heat cycle. Whole family loves spicy. We go through crushed, ground and cracked pepper (all the colors) at a pretty good clip. Also, I keep a bottle of 12 year old single malt on the bottom shelf of my computer workstation.

Your rocks glass also gives me an idea. I should get the family crest emblazoned on several. Right now our crest is only on a sealing ring, which has been passed down since around 1700.

Just noticed, would that be a Malcolm custom knife positioned next to those ribs?

Moderator Emeritus

We tried to trace my dads side of the family into Germany and can't. Records are gone and nobody alive who knows where in Germany we originated from. Moms side is heinz 57... Norway, Sweden, English, Irish, Scottish... some viking ancestry we know of but that dead ends too.

Boolit Grand Master

Mary, what you do is paint the glass with a rubber template material of some kind, laser etch through the rubber, and then sandblast. Makes a frosted impression of the image. You can get really fancy and do several cycles and get a 3D look. The template material is the key.

Moderator Emeritus

With the laser I can direct etch glass

Boolit Master
    That's pretty cool Mary. Do you have to do it in that orientation? If the graphic isn't too wide (like 30% wrap of circumference), can it run parallel to the mouth and bottom instead of perpendicular to it.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Moderator Emeritus

If you can find a glass that is semi flat I can run the other way. I can focus +-2mm maximum on a curve(and no super fine details doing that). I made a pair for my local gun store that way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12