Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Time to Complain

Boolit Master

Time to Complain

Not about here

But my so called high speed internet

As the last 2 days it has taken forever to down load anything , sometimes I was even getting timed out trying to look at posts here

So I checked my conection speed

.08 for uploads and .24 MBS for downloads , that was when I had a better than normal conection

Not what I am paying for

So Monday I start calling to get this taken care of
    And if needed I can do the call every hour way

Not being able to work has a few advanages LOL

Just had to rant
    I am tired of being told 1 thing and finding out they don't care

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Master

Just think of it as a "nostalgic re-experiencing of dial-up speeds".
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Quote Originally Posted by grumman581 View Post
    Just think of it as a "nostalgic re-experiencing of dial-up speeds".
    Dial-up speed is 28.8Kbps.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Boolit Grand Master

No sympathy here, using my i-phone for an internet connection for awhile now. I'm on the edge of a 4G area but quite honestly 3G is a bit optimistic. Someone ran a fiber optic line down my street last year, may be time for an upgrade.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnch View Post
    Not about here

But my so called high speed internet

As the last 2 days it has taken forever to down load anything , sometimes I was even getting timed out trying to look at posts here

So I checked my conection speed

.08 for uploads and .24 MBS for downloads , that was when I had a better than normal conection

Not what I am paying for

So Monday I start calling to get this taken care of
    And if needed I can do the call every hour way

Not being able to work has a few advanages LOL

Just had to rant
    I am tired of being told 1 thing and finding out they don't care

John
    ''

Hit my hot button.......How 'bout powering a startup with this ****? I assume you have Comcast? Really....there are a bunch of things in congress now. What happens ....??? But you and I know that if this gub'mint is behind startups and small businesses...the internet providers must become utilities- same as gas an' 'lectric. This is a big deal.
    NOI- it's what's for dinner

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by oneokie View Post
    Dial-up speed is 28.8Kbps.
    Some of us can remember dial-up as 1200 baud... OK, I can also remember 300 baud modems, but I try REALLY hard to forget them.

I am also in NW Ohio and had the same problem. I cancelled my Internet provider and added a tablet to Verizon acct. Cost is not too bad if your teenager doesn't go download crazy.

BB

Boolit Buddy
    I finally got tired of mediacom cable internet and switched back to DSL this month. It had only gone up in price the last couple years and, slowed way down and the reliability went south as well. So far the DSL is working great and after the gimmick promotions I will be paying only 40% of what I was paying.

Boolit Master

Some of us can remember dial-up as 1200 baud... OK, I can also remember 300 baud modems, but I try REALLY hard to forget them.
    Been There, Done That...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    I suspect solar activity. Everybody I talk to in the last three weeks has had problems with their phones and internet.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Grand Master

My internet has been a trial lately also. Today it seems to be working better.

I to remember the days of dial up. I started with the 110 baud handset modem. Dialed the number and set the handset in the craddle when you heard the tones. Thought I was king of the hill when the wife bought me a us robotics 14.400. Even ran a BBS In the day. Used fido net to transfer packets with other boards.
    Back on topic though. I have been fighting with my provider for about a year. Every tech tells me something different and still nothing fixed. My modem does a random resets. May go days or weeks fine. Then 4 6 8 10 times a day. Makes calling in to complain tough. Internet phone. Have been looking at DSL.
    Some people go through life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem. "Ronald Reagan"

Boolit Master

At least with DSL, you have a hard wired landline and as long as you have one of the old non-AC-powered hard wired phones, you will have phone service even if the power goes out. I keep at least one of my phones in my house that way so that I can call the electric company to report a problem if the power goes out. Having to go crank up my generator just to get my phone working is just a bit extreme as far as I'm concerned.

Boolit Master

At least with DSL, you have a hard wired landline and as long as you have one of the old non-AC-powered hard wired phones, you will have phone service even if the power goes out. I keep at least one of my phones in my house that way so that I can call the electric company to report a problem if the power goes out. Having to go crank up my generator just to get my phone working is just a bit extreme as far as I'm concerned.
    So right. After Katrina (I lived in Slidell, LA at the time) the first utility I got back was AT&T analog phone service.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    We have a ............ I guess best described as a microwave/cellular driven service. Little tiny 12 inch dish aimed at a tower 7 miles off ...no idea where it goes from there but but the cell tower here is a 4G tower that can carry a traffic load of around 10,000 calls/interfaces so that's right at 3 devices per capita for the county all at once . We can see the bog down for about and hour every morning and evening ,being a 6-5x4 ,9-5,8-4,10-3 work/business hours community 75-100 miles from the next 1 makes it pretty predictable though. We get a typical run speed of 48-54 mbps for $29/month. The phones and pad run about the same on or off the WiFi at home but are way faster on the 4G where the signal is clean . Just 1 of the many joys of living in a metal sided and roofed house in a granite bowl.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

OK I called

I get my phone (land line ) and internet through Frontier
    They just use another provider for the internet side
    Normaly my conection was fast

So when I called , I got a answer I can believe
    Thet know and are ( someone else IMO ) is working on the problem

As for a when it will be fixed ....I got a long ...............No Answer

The lady was nice to talk to
    But IMO she is just there to answer the phone and keep me from ripping their heads off for the fun of it LOL

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Master

I have gotten that song and dance too with my DSL. Kept hearing that they were working on it with unknown completion time. Finally talked to a tech guy and he said they needed to replace everything in my neighborhood with fiberoptic but they had no concrete date to do so. That was a couple years ago and still no change. My cell service has also taken a nosedive, from 3 bars to 0 or 1 at my house. They are working on it too. I think I am beginning to understand. Hope your luck is better.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"