MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: To Hot and Humid to Cast

Boolit Master
    In my part of Texas, you only have two real seasons: summer and the rest of the year. Without a calendar the only way to tell them apart are the trees and bluebonnets.

Boolit Master
    Up here we had a break in the hot and humid so I took advantage and tried out my new Accurate Mold which was 453175. I went through a whole pot of lead. Beautiful mold, nice workmanship
    Leadmelter
    MI

In the summer months it's nice to do casting sessions late at night. A big fan pumping that cool night air into the garage makes it pleasant.
    ~Charlie U.

Boolit Man
    had some cooler nights here and could do some casting of 00-Buck for about 2 hours in the early AM if I turned on the ProMelt @ twilight and if the humidity was low enough I could get about the same before dark before the skeeters started flying in formation

I cannot do the high heat anymore either ......

when I worked aluminum extrusion I would easily see 140F working as fast as I could to "make a break in the A/C of the break room", when the forklift operator would pull the heat treat oven (40' L x 7' W x 7' H cart)@ 550F .......... we would melt

don't laugh, we would walk out on the shipping dock in full sun on a 105F day to cool off, a black Tee shirt by the end of the day was grayish/white from salt/sweat

Boolit Bub
    I live in western Arizona and today was only 109 with out too much humidity last week was miserable at 116 with 48 % humidity.

Boolit Master
    I've gotten so used to the heat for the last two months that I needed a light jacket yesterday morning when it got all the way down to 73*

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234