Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision

Thread: MZ powder.

MZ powder.

Hi Folks.
    MZ powder maybe available here in Australia.Looking for good and bad about this powder.
    Will be useing in a 58 Parker Hale Enfield.
    Thanks.

If it is all you can get, get some and try it. I've shot the cheapest to the most expensive, and for the first few shots after cleaning they all shoot good. The cheap ones tend to foul faster, but that's an easy thing to overcome. Just run a damp swab down the bore and start over.

The Parker-Hale Enfield is an excellent rifle, and I'm certain you will enjoy it. My Parker-Hale Volunteer is my favorite rifle.

Take care, Tom

Boolit Buddy
    If you use this powder make sure to clean the barrel with boiling water otherwise you will get rust.This is a very clean burning powder that gives very good accuracy ,down side is cost you can get a kilo of Wano from combat simulations at Ingledurn for same price a LB of BLACK MZ

I have used it in BP cartridge only. Nioa imports it along with other Alliant powders. I agree real BP is better, probably more consistent. BlackMZ needs a fair bit of compression to be consistent apparently.
    A shop here in Melb had wano 1kg for $aud70 and a place in Cowes Vic has some for $50/kg so a good deal cheaper than BlackMZ.

I would second remarks about prompt cleaning with water for rifle and cases. It creates volumes of fluffy white ash that seems to help corrosion quickly.
    Last edited by sthwestvictoria; 07-28-2015 at 04:20 AM.
    ars longa, vita brevis

Boolit Master
    I have used the Black MZ in quite a few different guns with great results. Worked in rifles from .32 to .58 in the same volume as 2 f black. Also works well in shotguns. Went dove hunting all day without wiping between shots, nothing.. I used T /C T-17 for cleanup -no rust yet. Using a chronograph, velocities were very uniform. A place here in Boise area sells it for $9.99 U.S. per pound! Sportsman's warehouse. Give it a try yourself I say..