Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to michigan!!!

Back to michigan!!!

Well guys after 2 years in North Dakota I'm back in michigan waiting to close on a house (paid cash feels great!) and will be getting the reloading gear back out in the next couple weeks. I'll be on more after I get set up!!

Boolit Grand Master

Don't forget about the guest house for "visiting" Cast Boolit members! LOL Traverse is a great place to be, in the summer. I did spend some time there in my younger days with my girlfriend and her parents and sister.

In Remembrance

You need the visit the wine industry there now, lots of vineyards to check out. The cherry festival is over by this time, nice festival to attend. Welcome back! Up there Jay`s is about the only "game in town" as far as a gunshop with inventory North of Bay City.Robert

Boolit Master
    I grew up on a cherry farm on the old mission peninsula. Lots of the Cherry farms are now vineyards. Hate to tell those people but their wine is not that good. Two buck Chuck from Trader Joe's which is made from surplus grapes that California vineyards have is much better than Michigan wines. Traverse City is too much of a tourist destination now. The greater area is still nice. Hempel's and Cliff's Rifle Shop are decent gun shops. Would like to move back to the area but SWMBO doesn't want to be there in the winter, neither do I but she is afraid we will get cxaught up there with big storms that she remembers but haven't occurred in years.

Boolit Master
    Hamples gun shop is pretty good, its right by the Olive Garden. Gander Mountain has reloading supplies sometimes. I live just south of you by Cadillac.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master
    I visit that area almost every October salmon fishing on the bestie and big manistee rivers, I always like visiting the area.
    Congrats!
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Master
    Welcome back to Michigan, Black Pearl. Been living in MI since 1964, and have not regretted it, regardless how cold the winters get.

In Remembrance

My brother took our Dad out to Beaver Island for a 10 day vacation just 6 months before Dad died back in `61. I salmon fish out of Cheybogan every now and then when I feel decent. If Michigan wines are so bad, could somebody explain what all the 1st place medals they have earned in competition are for? I like it up North, but I`ll stay down here in "cow country" in the Thumb, less chance of getting shot by a deer hunter as almost happened twice.Robert

Moderator Emeritus

I have friends on the Old Mission Peninsula who are wine producers (Chateau Grand Traverse). Sean's Riesling surely rivals the best that Germany offers. I can't speak for other winerys there.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Why did you go yo ND in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Garyshome View Post
    Why did you go yo ND in the first place?
    Went for the money! I drive truck so I spent a year driving a truck for another guy hauling crude oil then went into business for myself and had a couple trucks running crude oil. Then oil prices crashed and the work ran dry so back home I came!

Back to michigan!!!

But glad to be home don't miss the 100-120 hours a week!

I have visited T. C. several times in the fall and found it to be a great place. Now about that guest house . . .

Boolit Master

Michigan

Glad to see your back in Michigan, I have lived here all my life. I did go to North D. in 19 83 to work the wells. I did gauging for Ladd oil Co.I think a lot of people think the winters are cold here in Mi. but they have no idea what cold is, I remember 100 below-O- wind chill feels like ! when the oil prices went down I came home and married the love of my life. Got a job with the city of Grand Rapids Traffic Signals. it`s 364 days before I can retire. I have a few friends around TC, Kingsley , love to hunt Grouse, and fish for steelhead and shoot cast boolits!

Banned

if they knew you were for lower MI it might not have been a mistake, maybe more of a miss
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    My brother took our Dad out to Beaver Island for a 10 day vacation just 6 months before Dad died back in `61. I salmon fish out of Cheybogan every now and then when I feel decent. If Michigan wines are so bad, could somebody explain what all the 1st place medals they have earned in competition are for? I like it up North, but I`ll stay down here in "cow country" in the Thumb, less chance of getting shot by a deer hunter as almost happened twice.Robert

You might have noticed 4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan! Welcome back to the Water Winter Wonderland. Go have a Vernors and relax.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Have y'all heard about this band called *Da Yoopers* ?

Or maybe you've seen Escanaba in da Moonlight ?
    A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
    Have y'all heard about this band called *Da Yoopers* ?

Or maybe you've seen Escanaba in da Moonlight ?
    sounds like comment from a jealous cheesehead to me
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

In Remembrance

Lloyd, The first near miss was from a 14 year old kid with an M-1 carbine with a 30 shot banana clip half full of mixed type ammo. He was trespassing of where my group had permission to hunt on top of that. The second time was from a "hunter" at the other end of an open field, about 6 years later. I was clad in orange and sitting at the base of an old dead elm tree. I stood up and waved at him once I spotted him. Don`t know what he thought I was, but he threw a shot at me that thunked into the tree! I hit the dirt yelling that I was a hunter. He turned and disappeared back into the brush. This was up near Grayling. I shotgun hunt down here in "cow country" as the cows haven`t figured out guns yet!Robert

Banned

ive actually been shot at myself. Walking out at dusk with full orange on and a flashlight burning. A kid on a ridge about 75 yards away took a shot that hit a tree. I went screaming and running after him and he got out of dodge. The next day I went to the camp of those people and read them the riot act. They were a bunch of guys from down by Milwaukee that owned a camp there. The father was a fairly wealthy doctor that was originaly from the area. He was very apologetic and chewed the kids !!! right there. The next spring there was a for sale sign on the camp and new owners bought it. I don't know if it had anything to do with it or not. Ive heard of similar incidences up here and there about allways a young person and mostly people that don't live up here. Most of us up here were raised in the woods hunting and fishing and know better. But that said im sure theres exceptions here too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast