Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Lee 358-200-RF mold in 1894

Boolit Grand Master

Load it in 38 special brass and kick it in the pants!
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    Load it in 38 special brass and kick it in the pants!
    I had a strong suspension you were going to say that lol.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    They may list it for the .357 Magnum but if it is a copy of the RCBS 35-200 RNFP/GC then it is really meant for the 35 Remington. But it will need to probably be sized to .359 at least but more likely .360 for a Marlin in either the .38 SP/.357 Magnum or 35 Remington in a Marlin due to the bore dimensions of the Marlin bore.

It could probably be used in .38 Sp,357 Magnum or 357 Max in a Contender or a Break Action single shot or bolt rifle due to the length of said Boolit.
    The RCBS version runs thru my .357 Win 94 just fine seated to the crimp groove, the magazine will hold 9.

And you are right it shoots wonderful out my ten inch Contender's .357 mag and max.

Never tried it in a 38sp case.

-------Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    It's a clone of the rcbs 35-200-FN.
    If Lee offered this in a 6 cavity mold, wild horses couldn't stop me from buying it. As it is, ho hum.
    This would be my dream mold! The Lee spru plate lever is great on their six cavity molds.

I have the RCBS but I am a sucker for a mountain of Boolits.
    The road less traveled ain't for the faint of heart

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    How did you guys find out about this mold?
    The road less traveled ain't for the faint of heart

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Well fudge, Henry just came out with a steel frame .357 that doesn't weigh a ton. I examined one at the fun store yesterday and it is SWEET. Now I have to get one of these molds for sure!
    Last edited by FergusonTO35; 07-22-2015 at 09:59 AM.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Don't you guys buy them all up before next payday dang it. Got to get me one. And yes, another vote for a six cav. Don't know what took me so long to start buying them instead of the slow twos. GP

I have been waiting for one for some time. When I got my 35 waffle top I bought it because I thought it would be good with cast. I started adding up the cost of casting and said to heck with it. This makes it a bit more practical. With gas checks which I could use in my 357 carbine it could be driven full bore with the correct alloys. Will see.

DP

That bullet on top of a healthy charge of AA1680 in my 336-357 maximum should make a good 100 yard whitetail stopper.

BB

bikerbeans, how did you come up with a 336-357 maximum?
    This country has gone to hell but now there is hope for us.

Boolit Master
    Cost of casting? Come on,everybody knows casting saves money. Right fellas?

Quote Originally Posted by hicard View Post
    bikerbeans, how did you come up with a 336-357 maximum?
    A bought a marlin 1894cs 357 mag barrel and installed it on a 336-35 frame. I had modify the carrier, breech bolt and extractor to get the rifle to cycle reliabily. Also had to mod the mag tube a little to align the barrel band screws.

BB

Boolit Master

Subscribed for updates.
    I have a new to me 1982 336 in 35 remington that needs a boolit. I also have a sweet little 1894C that I would love to run this through. I doubt it's going to feed though. I know my 358429s won't feed in mag brass seated to the crimp groove.
    Maybe I need an NOE 180

Update. They are now in Stock. And yes I did place an order for one. But I am not looking forward to maybe having to open the cavities up to produce boolits of at least .360 Diameter.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Master

nice!
    I'm going to call my local dealer and have him order one asap. Keep the updates coming

Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    nice!
    I'm going to call my local dealer and have him order one asap. Keep the updates coming

Just an FYI You can order it direct from FS Reloading by using the link provided originally.

Boolit Master

I'm not in too much or a rush. Thank you though. My local deals is a casting candy store. He stocks every lee mould and also some custom runs he had done. He gets deliveries in all the time so I'll just go through him. I like to give him some business to help keep him open and supplying the locals with their casting crack.

It is great to hear that you have shops like that in your area. It is kind of funny though that in and around a big area like San Antonio TEXAS there is nothing.

I'm not in too much or a rush. Thank you though. My local deals is a casting candy store. He stocks every lee mould and also some custom runs he had done. He gets deliveries in all the time so I'll just go through him. I like to give him some business to help keep him open and supplying the locals with their casting crack.

Boolit Master

Thats is funny. a couple miles away from Cape Cod MA is the last place I think would have better reloading/casting than anywhere in Texas......
    Thats one win for living here

Thats is funny. a couple miles away from Cape Cod MA is the last place I think would have better reloading/casting than anywhere in Texas......
    Thats one win for living here
    And that a few months of the year there you do not Melt but then again you can freeze lol. I will never forget one time being up north and hear on the radio do not have exposed skin or it may freeze in seconds. Now that made an impression on a South TEXAS Boy lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast