RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: BTSniper Pneumatic Derim Press!

Vendor Sponsor

BTSniper Pneumatic Derim Press!

I've been busy lately!

Four years I have had plans for this press in the back of my mind. I have been using a press of this same design myself for many years now and finally was able to refine the design to make the press worthy to offer to my customers.

Requirements where simple

- had to be better then the one I use
    - has to be safe for two hand operations
    - come in a complete professional looking package
    - had to be made to last from same components that I have already used for years
    - all for a fair price

I think I have accomplished all of that in what I now have to offer.

Check out the pics!

Check out the video!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n_F...ature=youtu.be

Check out my vendor page for all purchase details.....

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...00#post3311900

I only have five available ready to ship at the moment. PM or email with I'll take it has priority according to time stamp, no layaways or payment plan options. The purchaser will be very happy with the operation of this press, I have been using mine for more then 5 years now and I do not sell anything unless it is better then what I personally use.

Good shooting and swage on!

Brian

BT_Sniper@Hotmail.com
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 07-14-2015 at 04:40 AM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Shup up and take my money!!!!!!!........if I had the extra cash that is. Very nice BT!

Boolit Grand Master

Your making my Personal banker frown.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Buddy
    so you need to push both buttons at once to derim each piece of brass?

That's what the video shows. But if I were to buy one, I would change that to require only one button to be pushed. And just be cautious. That way one hand can feed the brass and the other push the button.

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    Brian

Looks great!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by andyt53 View Post
    That's what the video shows. But if I were to buy one, I would change that to require only one button to be pushed. And just be cautious. That way one hand can feed the brass and the other push the button.
    The whole idea is to keep you fingers from being pushed through the die. Sure you can rewire it, I just hope you never regret the decision .
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Quote Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
    The whole idea is to keep you fingers from being pushed through the die. Sure you can rewire it, I just hope you never regret the decision .
    I understand the reasoning behind the dual switches, but I personally trust myself to go at a calm comfortable pace to not punch a hole in my finger/hand. It's just the whole taking two hands to operate thing that bothers me. I dont use two hands to pull the lever of my press while derimming now. And i go pretty quick manually derimming.

Would be a lot less likely to hurt yourself if you made a case feeder and just left your fingers on the buttons. A lot faster too.

Something similar to this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Would be a lot less likely to hurt yourself if you made a case feeder and just left your fingers on the buttons. A lot faster too.

Agreed! Casefed, fast and safe. All in all, the original product offered by BT is still a nice hunk of equipment.

It is and safe the way he has it setup, bypass one of the switches and one would be much more likely to get hurt.

The point of the two buttons is to make sure you are safe. Even punch presses these days are setup similar (OSHA) and there are likely many digits saved by them. An extra half a second per case is better than a lifetime with 9 fingers...

Vendor Sponsor

Thanks guys..

Case feed would be awesome. To have a case feed for the 22lr brass..... that would be well ...... very awesome!!!! All we got to do is take a tour of the big name bullet shops. Plenty of automation there I'm sure, couldn't afford to sell bullets if each one was made on a single stage press.

as for two hand operation......there just isn't any other way to sell/offer such a machine due to liability issues in the world (yep, OSHA) we live in today. I certainly think every one of us here today is smart enough to operate such a machine safely without injury but no small business owner would bet their business and financial future on it.

Even when pushing two buttons as compared to one the speed is still quite similar, it is putting the shell on the punch that takes the few extra seconds. You can see in my video when I show the rate at which the press can operate while using both hands to push the two buttons, roughly 40 strokes per minute! Now if an automatic case feeder was perfected to feed the 22lr at such speed ..... then having to use two hands to push the two buttons doesn't slow you down a bit.

You certainly have got to pay a lot more attention on a press with only one button, can't let your mind drift off while doing such monotonous work. Having two buttons allows me to let my mind rest a bit while assuring I don't screw up.

Either way having "power" to derim is an incredible upgrade from a single stage press.

BT
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 07-14-2015 at 07:36 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

I may have missed it, but what's the minimum required psi to operate this press?

Vendor Sponsor

The press will "operate" (no deriming) at any psi you throw at it, 20psi will operate this press but 20psi is not enough pressure to derim a 22lr case with this press. I typically run the press at 70-80psi with great results deriming 22lr brass. I recommend no more then 90psi, any more then this is just not necessary and only increases risk.

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Vendor Sponsor

If anyone would like a copy of the instruction manual I have put together for this press to get any additional information, or look things over before considering purchase simply send me a PM with your email address so I can send you the word document.

Feel free to ask an questions.

This little press has a lot of potential, I am evaluating all the applications as to which ones I can recommend for this press. At the moment deriming 22lr is certainly a go.

It looks like I can also recommend and do have dies and necessary base punches for deriming 22mag or cut 17hmr cases for 6mm jackets or heavy 22 cal that will operate in this press. I do not recommend pushing a 22mag or 17hmr case threw the 22lr derim die with this press.

I can also recommend this press for those of you shooting 40S&W and using a "bulge buster" die to size down the base of the brass case. This press will work wonderfully for pushing the cases threw either the Lee or the Redding die (extreme cases with excess bulge should not be attempted). I recommend pushing the case threw backwards with a custom punch rather then using the shell holder supplied with the factory dies. One has to be carful not to let a 45acp case slip into the batch.

One more operation I can recommend at this time with this press is the simple task of sizing down 5.7x28 brass from it's standard .316 diameter to .302 necessary to use for 30 cal jackets. This requires the 5.7 case to be fully annealed and cleaned with either the neck sized up or the neck cut off the case before use in this press (case must be fully annealed with all scale and enamel removed). I have and can supply necessary base punch and sizing die for the press to accomplish sizing down 5.7x28 cases to 30 cal.

Good shooting and swage on!

Brian

p.s. possibly one more very easy and possibly useful task for this press is sizing down common and available commercial jackets to not so common sizes. Couple examples I can think of off hand.... 30cal down to 7mm, or 6.5mm down to 6mm, etc.
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 07-16-2015 at 02:57 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Vendor Sponsor

I have included a list of approved operations for this press. I will continue to evaluate the potential of this little press and add to this approved list of operations as liability and safety concerns permit.

Here is the approved list as it appears in the instructions for this press.

Approved use and applications for this press

-Deriming 22lr brass with corresponding 22lr derim die and punch, pressure not to exceed 90 PSI, use plenty of quality swage lube.

-Deriming 22mag or trimmed 17hmr brass with corresponding derim die and punch, pressure not to exceed 90 PSI, use plenty of quality swage lube.

-Sizing 40S&W brass using a Lee or Redding “bulge busting” die with corresponding punch, brass must be pushed upside down through die base first, pressure not to exceed 90 PSI, use plenty of quality swage lube.

-Sizing down fully annealed and clean 5.7x28 brass with corresponding draw die and punch, pressure not to exceed 90 PSI, use plenty of quality swage lube.

Any alterations to the press or operations outside of the approved use and applications I have set forth will be conducted at the operators own risk and negate BTSniper llc. of any and all liabilities should damages or injuries occur.

Common since will go a long way with the use of a press like this, use it wisely and it will save you countless hours of labor and physical effort in your swaging needs.

Thanks

Brian
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

very sweet...looks awesome brian..congrats on your new product

You're on your way, keep making swage products.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post

that's slick.