RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: outbach jacket thyat smell half dead

outbach jacket thyat smell half dead

I have an outback jacket that every year ends up smelling like a rancid mildewed peice of meat. I have washed it as per the company and rewaterproofed following their directions. I always used the proofing they sold just for the jackets. My problem is every year it warms up and the jacket will begin to smell half dead. So this year I have washed it and seem to have the odors removed and I am ready to weather proof it. What do you all use to waterproof these jackets with. Any help would be really appreciated, and thanks adhead of time.
    CD

PS the wife will forever be greatful for the help, she gets to the point she wants it hung outside just to freshen the air in the house.

CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Try not waterproof or changing waterproofing brands
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

In Remembrance
    ... or ... if you are in the United States ...
    http://www.orvis.com/p/barbour-thornproof-dressing/8981
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

It's oilskin and yes it stinks, PM me and I'll give you the formula to make the correct solution for re-proofing your jacket

Good to see Driza-Bone back up and running again after so many years. We were trying at one time several years ago to pick them up so we could sell Oil Skin Dusters in Barbies internet saddle shop.

Boolit Master

And I was going to suggest a PM to Duke!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia