RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Rd 310-180-fn

Boolit Master

Rd 310-180-fn

Searched for other posts on this, but maybe I've missed it. So, here goes.

Who else has tested this boolit?

This past Saturday I shot several 5-shot strings in a scoped, 12-twist, heavy bbl .308, using 5744, 4198, 3031, 4895, and 4064. Had one really wild flyer with 5744 that went south of group about 4". Best group was 4198, second 4895. All velocities were circa 1900 fps. All boolits were Gator checked and run thru a .310 loobsizer with FWFL (even though this is a TL design). I shot a few previously for feed and function which were double dip loobed with LLA/JLFW, which left the bore in good condition.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Good to know! Did you use Dacron filler for any loads? Do you think you prefer the FWFL over the LLA/JLFW (Ben's Liquid Lube?) for this boolit?

The reasons I ask is because I just loaded some IMR4064 under the NOE 314-160 (Harris design) for 2400FPS+/-. I didn't know how far down I could go. I also loaded some with AA2520 for 2400+/-. Just playing since I got interested in HV. I had 80-85% case capacity so, didn't worry about using Dacron fill.

I recently ran a mini torture test (20 rounds) on Ben's Liquid Lube at 2500 FPS+ (est) and it passed muster. I'm interested in the difference of your results with FWFL and LLA/JLFW.

sundog i'm interested in your results with the BLL lubed boolits too. I also have a new .308 and am considering the 310180 rd boolit.

I've had stellar results with BLL as a tl lube on all of my 35 cal. boolits in the whelen.
    Very interested in your results with both the boolit and the lube.
    Btw i've been applying 3 thin coats of BLL via tumble lubing...it's working great for me even in the July heat!

Good luck with your new boolit...35 shooter