RepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to hog hunt

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    Geezer in HN

Interesting opinion, so you wanted to travel to Texas and have the Texans give you
    free access to their land and tell you where the best cover was for pigs?

So if I come to New Hampshire, the folk there will let me on their lands for free and tell
    me where all the best Grouse cover is located?

And currently the only invite to hunt has come from Texas !

But that is IMHO

Just askin
    Mike
    As a matter of fact yes you may hunt property that is not posted without finding the owner and asking it is legal. And of course asking for permission usually gets it and the best spots to try.

Lots of private property is in current use on the taxes to lower them and the lowest current use means the property is open to hunt.

I have no desire to go to TX for any reason.

FWIW, There's very, very few wild hogs in NH!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Yodogsandman View Post
    FWIW, There's very, very few wild hogs in NH!

Want some? I'm sure we can spare a few thousand. Should have a huntable population within a few years.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Bub
    I am a property owner in Texas. The idea that a stranger thinks he should be able to just come and hunt on the land that I bought with my hard earned money and have kept up with my sweat and blood is so foreign to me that I don't know what to say.

I have let let numerous friends hunt and shoot at my place, enjoy doing it, and have never charged anyone a dime.

To the original poster there is a lot of great hog hunting here, the price ranges from reasonable to crazy. Your best bet if you are wanting to buy a hunt is decide on an area and go from there. Texas is a huge state with many different types of environments to hunt in.

Jared

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Want some? I'm sure we can spare a few thousand. Should have a huntable population within a few years.
    TX, can we just get the chops?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by kopperl View Post
    Maybe attitude is part of the problem?
    Yes it seems to be huh

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I am a property owner in Texas. The idea that a stranger thinks he should be able to just come and hunt on the land that I bought with my hard earned money and have kept up with my sweat and blood is so foreign to me that I don't know what to say.

I have let let numerous friends hunt and shoot at my place, enjoy doing it, and have never charged anyone a dime.

To the original poster there is a lot of great hog hunting here, the price ranges from reasonable to crazy. Your best bet if you are wanting to buy a hunt is decide on an area and go from there. Texas is a huge state with many different types of environments to hunt in.

Jared
    No problem with that but DO NOT expect to get paid to have YOUR vermin problem removed. That is my opinion. Pay to get rid of the problem instead of getting it done for FREE

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    And it's completely foreign, to me, to pay for hunting access. So is having no public land to hunt on. Our views are shaped by where we live.

I can't just hunt on private property. I have to have land owner permission. The difference is they don't charge here. There are plenty that don't allow access. And in most cases you have some relation w/ the land owner. Maybe it's because my job puts me in a lot people's homes and I get to know them on a low level. Being granted access has never been an issue for me.

Boolit Master
    Well for those texas land owners who would offer access, I would not mind paying a reasonable fee to hunt there. I have had wild boar smoked and fell in love with it. rsvp in a private message what you could offer.

Boolit Bub
    Love hog killing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12