MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Direct Tv ???

Boolit Master

Direct Tv ???

For all those who have Direct Tv, what are your thoughts. In the last couple months my monthly service charge went up around $45, now is $113 a month, only extra we have is the 'choice' channels, don't do any thing else like pay for view.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I got a wireless Sony Blueray player. Cost around $80. For around $8 each, you can get Hulu, or Netflix. I go even cheaper than that. I have Amazon Prime, since I buy a lot there. $98 a year I think. For that, you get free shipping, free music, free books, free movies, free TV. There is also Crackle and other free movie sites on the Blueray, along with pay channels if you really think you want them. I haven't wanted them. Youtube also has tons of free movies and old TV shows. So basically, I get all the shows and more than I can use during the year for the initial investment, plus the Amazon charge. When I got my Bluray, I went to my IP, traded them my old modem for a wireless modem, free from my IP.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

I have no experience with Direct TV, but Up until this year I was a loyal Dish customer, had been loyal for 16 years but their fisco over Fox News and their increasing costs made us look elsewhere.

We went to Xfinity, our cost is $130 per month, but we have 250 channels, All the HBO & Starz channels, high speed internet & unlimited calling is all bundled for that $130 bucks. Plus Comcast is locked in for 3 years at that price, by then we'll likely be streaming most everything.

Yup, you're getting screwed, IMO.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Vendor Sponsor

If you have Hi speed internet look at ruko3
    Hulu, Netflix and amazon prime will give you plenty to watch for less than $17.00 a month
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    I have been with Direct TV since 1992, I bought and installed my first receiver, that was before they went to all leasing, up graded to HD and have 1 premium channel Starzs, with the newest Genie unit you can record up to 6 programs at one time and the DVR unit has 1 terabyte memory, you can set it up with your computer and acess Hulu and Netflix. My monthly bill runs 110.00 bucks, but I'm a homebody and it's worth it for my entertainment.
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    I have no experience with Direct TV, but Up until this year I was a loyal Dish customer, had been loyal for 16 years but their fisco over Fox News and their increasing costs made us look elsewhere.

We went to Xfinity, our cost is $130 per month, but we have 250 channels, All the HBO & Starz channels, high speed internet & unlimited calling is all bundled for that $130 bucks. Plus Comcast is locked in for 3 years at that price, by then we'll likely be streaming most everything.

Yup, you're getting screwed, IMO.
    I'm somewhere about $120 a month with DTV. It sucks as it's all sat no landline where I'm at. If I could get highspeed internet I'd tell a bunch of them to take a hike. Used to have dish then DTV then dish then DTV..... they run you around with offers to get more for less but all the while it all goes up and up. If it were not for my wife's penchant for watching TV "so much" I would tell them all to go fug themselves.
    No , I did not read that in a manual or stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.... it's just the facts Ma'am.

What's the difference between a pig and an Engineer ?
    You can argue with the Pig.

Boolit Grand Master

Had a falling out with DTV a few years ago. Went out twice, third time I pulled the plug. Then I realized how much time and money I'd wasted on TV. Pulling the plug is one of the best decisions I've made in the last few years.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Hi...

I have been a DirecTV customer for several years.

As long as they have NFLDirect, I'll probably stay a customer. NFL is a big freaking deal at my house.

Even the dog hung out in front of the 50" plasma screen during NFL games...I suspect he was more into the cheese and bologna trays, nachos, bacon-wrapped shrimp, etc than the football games but, Hey! He was there.

I have Dish but I'm close enough to pick up all the local channels, so every time they try to go up on my basic service I pull the plug. I hardly watch TV any way and only have Dish because my wife thinks she has to have it. It doesn't take long before they are begging me to re-connect my service at the old price.

OK, I'm not and haven't been a Direct TV subscriber, but was a dish subscriber for over 10 yrs. Got tired of them going up, and uverse became available and due to better internet, subscribed. Called up dish to cancel and the guy almost gave me my subscription. I had already changed, or I would likely have stayed with them. Truly a reduction from $110 to about $55 was offered. If it twer me, I'd be calling up direct TV and be working on a price reduction to keep me. I'll keep uverse till a year or so is up and swap to reduce cost again

Boolit Master

I have antanna, get 3 and 3/4 channels, used to get more before .gov made everybody go digital. never in house enough to justify cable and internet works in tractor.

Boolit Master

DTV, bundled with Fairpoint pay 98 bucks a month with some premium channels way better than 2 channels on a 500 buck directional antennae

Included in the bundle is phone free in NA and DSL at 17 meg, there is no cable optics in town and fee is cheaper than the radio limited internet at 100+ per month especially with son being a gamer and college student at a Univ.

I hear you all, but my wife and I like NASCAR, FOX News, FOX Business, The Vikings, Hell On Wheels, Antiques Road Show, Old Movies from the 40's and 50's, Gunsmoke from the 50's & 60's, Father Knows Best.

Those claiming about not wasting time watching TV, at 71/72 just what activity do you wish me to do? LOL

And remember that $130 bucks gives us High Speed Internet and Unlimited calling, with caller ID.

Oh Ya, I can record 4 channels and up to 300 hours of record time.

Banned

I switch back and forth from Direct to Dish every 24 months as soon as the contract expires. Equipment is better/new/improved and the service is cheaper as an incentive to switch. A guy who installs for both Direct and Dish told me about this a while back, and he was way right. That was some excellent advice.
    Last edited by jmort; 07-11-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Boolit Master

Internet based TV is eating the lunch of the CABLE/DISH services. I have a antenna for network stuff and unlimited net for whatever else.

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    Internet based TV is eating the lunch of the CABLE/DISH services. I have a antenna for network stuff and unlimited net for whatever else.
    Hows the NASCAR race going? LOL

Boolit Master
    I admit the high price but our neighbors who had other services have moved the DTV as well. We only watch about 15 channels and wish we could only pay for that plus a little extra for the service. We live in the forest but our only reception problem has been in heavy wet snowstorms.

Boolit Bub
    I have been a DirecTv guy for 10 years. Got fed up with them and signed up with Dish last Wednesday. Called to terminate my service and they put me thru to customer service rep. He brought my bill down $35 to within a dollar of Dish's contract and then thru in NFL Sunday ticket, 4months of Showtime and offered me MLB Extra Innings as well. The Sunday Ticket I have to cancel next year if I don't want it and the customer rep guy said I could call and "re-negotiate" next year. Called Dish back to stop the switch and even the Dish guy said he couldn't match that.

Boolit Master
    We haven't been satellite or cable customers for about 13 years now. Wife had Amazon Prime because of her business with Amazon, plus we subscribe to Netflix and Hulu. On top of those three, whenever I find a movie or TV show that I know I'll want to watch over & over, I buy the DVD(s). Must have well over 500 DVDs in our library. Last DVD(s) we bought were 3 seasons of "Duck Dynasty", before that was, "The Cheyenne Social Club". Just watched "How the West Was Won" and "The Searchers" last weekend. Hulu just updated and added season 5 of "Blue Bloods".

I spend in one year what many spend in two months and have added 4 or 5 DVDs to our library that will get watched dozens, if not hundreds of times. I think one of my next DVDs will be "The War Wagon"
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast