Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: HPA tank with TJ3 SLO-FLO DIN300 Question- how tight?

Boolit Master

HPA tank with TJ3 SLO-FLO DIN300 Question- how tight?

New to HPA and just received my Shoebox Max booster high pressure compressor and Guppy 17 cu.ft. CF tank with TJ3S SLO-FLO DIN 300 hardware on Wed. ,3 days ago. This is the Deluxe tank as sold by Air Tanks For Sale .

Now my issue, I have to tighten the hand valve down really really tight in order to prevent it from leaking. First time after airing it up Wed. to 4,400 PSI and filling my Discovery I tightened the valve to what I considered good and ten hours later tank had leaked down to 3,000 . Leak is from male foster ,not around it but thru the center where air is suppose to exit from.

Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the valve to make it is easier to hand tighten? I contacted the creator and an employee tried to help but we had a bad phone connection and he was having a difficult time understanding where the leak was.

If the female 1/8" connectors sealed when disengaged same as the 1/4" ones this would not be an issue. I have a 1/8" female on order and will make a dead head using it to serve as a band aid fix just incase no one has a real solution.
    Last edited by Case Stuffer; 07-11-2015 at 11:04 AM.
    NRA Patron Member
    Vet . 2nd of the 47th 9th.Inf. Viet Nam Mar. 67-68

There is an oring inside the foster fitting that probably has a piece of trash on it. When you bleed off do it quickly.

Boolit Master
    The male foster has an O ring? Perhaps my post is unclear. Guppy tank manifold leaks air very slowly thru the male foster unless I tighten the Tank Valve using more force than I feel should be required. Air bleed on the setup is on the opposite side of manifold from foster fitting.
    I understand there is an O ring behind (under) the fitting which screws into the manifold and the foster screws into this. None of this leaks and non have been removed as I use a Shoebox to air the tank.

If the hand operated valve in the center of the manifold seals as it should then there is no air pressure at the bleed valve or the foster adapter or foster fitting , correct?

Is there, or is there not a means to adjust the valve?

Is the valve seal a metal to metal lapped one or does it have some other form of seal?
    Last edited by Case Stuffer; 07-11-2015 at 06:37 PM.
    NRA Patron Member

My Great White takes a fair amount of pressure to close the valve and prevent it from leaking as well.... Let us know what you find out....

Bob

After looking again at JoeB's website I don't know if he uses a straight thru fitting or one with a check valve (oring and pin). That type is what's used on paintball regulator setups to fill PB tanks and the one that is on your gun. http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/male-q...si18mqcwch.htm
    I would just call JoeB and talk to him. If something is wrong he will warranty it I'm sure.

Boolit Master
    Foster with check valve as used on guns lets air in but not out. If these were used on a air source tank you could fill the tank but not get the air out from the foster to a hose and the gun. Check valve are for one way flow only.

I did not purchased y Guppy setup from Joe ,it came from Tom at Shoebox compressors. Both of these vendors sale each others products so who knows.

Post #4 above

Snip

My Great White takes a fair amount of pressure to close the valve and prevent it from leaking as well.... Let us know what you find out....

Bob
    So perhaps mine is normal and the employee who told me the valve stem was adjustable was incorrect or perhaps he is correct and many come from the factory set up poorly.

I guess it would be to much trouble to charge the tanks and check them out before shipping. Seems like we live in at a point in time where QC is left for the customers to find and report problems and then deal with hem or deal with return shipping and waiting and get a correctly working product.
    Last edited by Case Stuffer; 07-11-2015 at 06:39 PM.
    NRA Patron Member