Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primer pocket uniforming.

Boolit Master
    I guess this is what was happening to my .308 cases when I had the Dillon swager about 10 years ago, different head stamps would need a different adjustment. I junked a lot of brass before I sold it and stuck with the RCBS swager.

I checked some of my LC .223 swaged with the RCBS and the pockets are .118" to .121".

Boolit Master
    Heard back from Dillon today. Canned response. Back off on the rod adjustment. DUH... I worked the adjustment up incrementally until it WOULD accept a primer. What I have, is where it takes to do it. I don't have a problem with the 7.62's, then again, the tip of that rod is much larger than the primer pocket. The brass in the case web around the flash hole is supported in the 7.62. The 5.56's is not. As evidenced in the other fellas post at AR-15.com (see link in post#17), I'm not the only one with this issue. He also states in his post that he's not over-swaging. I believe him.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    I guess this is what was happening to my .308 cases when I had the Dillon swager about 10 years ago, different head stamps would need a different adjustment. I junked a lot of brass before I sold it and stuck with the RCBS swager.

I checked some of my LC .223 swaged with the RCBS and the pockets are .118" to .121".
    I swaged and prepped all my 5.56 LC brass. I'm going to set them aside. I just ordered 500 General Dynamics 5.56 from Midway. I won't be using the Super Swager on any 5.56 anymore. I have a Wilson pocket reamer coming for both sizes of Nato cases. I believe the Dillon is good with the 7.62's. Luckily, if I'm wrong, I've only swaged 50 of those 500. I got them all from Everglades Ammo, once fired. Don't feel good about selling the 5.56. I believe all are ruined. I'm considering making tooling to knock the pockets back flat and using them for reduced loads with cast bullets for small game.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12