Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Recieved another Lee mold today

Recieved another Lee mold today

This will be my first TL . Hope I like the results .Marvin

I have that one, I use it sized down to .311 in my CZ-52, and as cast in my Mosin over light loads of Red Dot.
    In it the long cone helps keep it from engaging the rifling too soon (Set fairly deep)

I have also loaded rounds for my .300B0 with it (5-6 grains Red Dot)

For lube I have been using almost exclusively ben's liquid lube. (Anything under 1400 fps) Only for the higher speed rifles will I start with Ben's red in the grooves and a top coat of Ben's Liquid lube.

I have not test fired the Mosin rounds yet, looking forward to doing that soon.

Good luck to you!

Bought this mold for a .312 air rifle . Will use dry slide for lube . I just hope it will cast small enough to take the resize and be a accurate bullet . Marvin

Boolit Buddy
    I have that mould and love it. I use it in my Nagant revolver and all my 30 & 31 cal. rifles.

I hope that I will be able to say the same . I had a single cavity Lyman 313249 that dropped a bullet that was accurate . But I reluctantly sold it because it was a single cavity . They make a double cavity but I do not want to spend that much on a heavier mold than a Lee if I can avoid it . Hope to have time tomorrow to use the mold .Marvin

Moderator Emeritus

Great in the 32 long.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    Also have that mold and pretty happy with it! Drops some nice TC's! Just wished it was a 6 cav...
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

I have a good mold and a accurate bullet for my .312 AR now . Ran 2 pots of lead threw it . The first batch had more culls than I normally get .But the bullets were accurate . The culls were mostly due to poor fill out . So I cleaned the mold again and made sure I did my part while I cast and the second batch had very few culls . Saved $ 50.00 in not buying the Lyman.Marvin

Boolit Grand Master

I really like that mould, wish they made it in a 6-cav. I like it for my smokeless 32-20 loads, drops a nice little boolit and the TL feature is ideal for making lots of plinking boolits.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Mold
    I have that mold in .430-240gr. for my .44 magnum . I powder coat them, they shoot really good.

Great mould, I use it in a lot of 30-31 cal. rounds. I've even sized it,or should I say swaged it clear down to .309 for my 30 carbine, works great. I usually powder coat these but have had good results with 45-45-10 also. Let us know how it works out in the air rifle. GP