Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: 460 s&w and 454/ 45colt dies

460 s&w and 454/ 45colt dies

hi, im going to start loading for a 460 but haven't got the dies yet, I have a question , I got more 45 colt and 454 brass than I do 460 , I know I will need a 460 size decap die but if I get a set of lee dies will the 45 colt work all but the sizer? I want lee cause of the powder thru and fcd dies , so can the seat, powder thru and fcd dies work for a 460 or are they too short to screw out , im using a lee turrent press , I think I should be able to adjust them enuff , also using for the time being a lee 300rf mold so I think the seat and fcd should work. in other words if I have 45colt powder thru, seat and fcd dies with a 460 sizer can I load for all 3 ? if anyone has done this please let me know. thanks in advance. I appreciate it. hope all has a great week and take care.
    GOD BLESS
    Darrell

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by number7tn View Post
    hi, im going to start loading for a 460 but haven't got the dies yet, I have a question , I got more 45 colt and 454 brass than I do 460 , I know I will need a 460 size decap die but if I get a set of lee dies will the 45 colt work all but the sizer? I want lee cause of the powder thru and fcd dies , so can the seat, powder thru and fcd dies work for a 460 or are they too short to screw out , im using a lee turrent press , I think I should be able to adjust them enuff , also using for the time being a lee 300rf mold so I think the seat and fcd should work. in other words if I have 45colt powder thru, seat and fcd dies with a 460 sizer can I load for all 3 ? if anyone has done this please let me know. thanks in advance. I appreciate it. hope all has a great week and take care.
    GOD BLESS
    Darrell
    Darrell
    Curious if you were able to load using a set of 45 LC dies plus a resizer for 460 ?
    I have a TC Prohunter with the 460 Katahdin barrel, and this is exactly what I would like to do.
    I have a couple of boxes of 45 Cowboy bullets and plan to order 100 bieces of starline 460 brass and Lee 45 dies and 460 resizer this week
    Thank you in advace
    Ben

Boolit Master

I use 45 colt lee dies for reloading 45colt, 454 and 460 but I don’t full length size the 460

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number7tn View Post
    I know I will need a 460 size decap die. Darrell
    Why use a LEE universal decapping die? I use my LEE universal die for every cartridge case size I decap.

Boolit Master
    I use 45 Colt dies for 45 and 454. Full length resize both cases. Don't have a 460 so don't know how it would work for it.

Boolit Master
    My RCBS 357 mag and 357 max carbide die sets use the same FL sizing die. Perhaps the RCBS 45 Colt die will FL the entire length of the 460, or close enough?

Hello All,

Back when LEE listed spare parts on their dies made a chart, attached.

Hope this helps, AntiaueSledMan.
    Attached Files Attached Files