Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Load Data Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many coyote's so far ?

Boolit Mold
    My best season was 45 coyotes 5 bobcat, and 10 fox. I used a 22-250 at the time. I now shoot my airforce condor modified to shoot .257 cal, cast bullets, I have shot about two dozen coyotes with air rifles and cast bullets. I cant seem to load a picture of the last couple with the new bullet im casting. I am using a .257 cowboy 89 grain mold and it hits coyotes like a sledge hammer. My farthest with air is at 150 yards and dead in his tracks, at this distance I stick to headshots, and still get pass through performance even in bone like that.

Boolit Buddy
    0. Can't bring myself to shoot a dog. Last year I killed 2 deer opening morning, and that evening a really golden coyote ran all over under my stand sniffing the blood trails and looking for the deer. watched him for 5 min at 30y and contemplated a shot. As I realized what he was up to, and that id never see another deer if he kept it up, I think i decided to take a shot. But by then he was behind brush.

The more I manage my place for deer, and put money and effort into it, the more I consider hunting them. but just don't see myself killing something and not eating it. Especially a dog. got plenty tho.
    My other forum, where I'm building a cabin....http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/6_3325_0.html#msg48687

Boolit Buddy
    I'm at zero right now. Have some 87gr V-Max loaded up but I've heard of lions, wolves, and bears out here in Colorado so I'll probably carry my Guide Gun when I go calling. Just in case a larger critter comes in that likes the taste of an easy rabbit. I have seen a few back home in Georgia. One with my bow and it caught me drawing, one snuck up behind me and my aunt while we were sitting on a log, and missed one on the run with my .243 NEF Carbine (18" Barrel from youth gun on adult stock open sighted). Out here I almost got one with an AAM 9.5" on my Dodge at night. Saw two that day so I think I may try calling here soon. Before I started carrying a rifle hunting, I saw my dad pop one with his .270, bad day for that yote.

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    I've taken more coyotes with my full sized Kimber .45 than all of my long guns combined. To state this in this manner makes it sound like I'm some kind of great coyote hunter. Nothing could be farther from the truth. It's just that most of these coyote kills were targets of opportunity and since I always carry my Kimber as my sidearm, it was quicker to bring up my .45 than it was to bring up my long guns, find them in the scope and pull the trigger.

It's so stinken hot right now in AZ that I haven't been out hunting anything. I can't wait till the weather cools down again. This year I'll be hunting suppressed with my 223 and my 30-303 Enfield shorty. I dream of the hunt.

HollowPoint

Boolit Master
    This morning was the opening morning of bear season so it was a good time to try that inexpensive Primos digital Speakeasy call for the first time since it has a fawn distress sound. No bears to use my 30/30 with Lee 160 gr RNGC boolit but as I was getting ready to set up at my second call site, I saw three coyotes watching me from the logging road 100 yards away. Too late to hide so I set up anyway and started the remote operated call from my hiding spot. Those coyotes came back even though they had seen me before!!
    Amazing! I got the lead dog from 30 yards. It barely acknowledged being hit because those boolits don't begin to expand or tumble until thy have gone at least 6". I like that Primos call.

I see where some of you guys have killed bobcats and fox. That not allowed in Va. We do have a trapping season. Coyotes are year around. My total is 21 so far this season.

I do better trapping them,coyote.But that is only for the season, there is no price on them here, just the fur.There is a year round hunting on them, but I have not got one yet that way.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA