Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Lee 22 mold, NOT the Bator...

New Lee 22 mold, NOT the Bator...

Lee now offers a 22cal 55gr GC FP mold in two or six cavity.

Thought you might like to know.
    http://www.titanreloading.com/molds/bullet-molds/22-cal

Waco
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Banned

Saw that, want that, will get that. 55 grain FP, perfect.

Boolit Bub
    darn, out of stock

Boolit Master
    Good for Lee, glad they have this one available. Perhaps sometime later they will offer a 22 mold in the 45 or 50 grain weight for the Hornet and Bee. One can always hope.

Thin Man

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Looks a lot like the MP NATO,,,,,,,,,imagine that,,,,,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

I'll probably pick one of those up in a few months. When I get some hide it from the wife money
    Using Tapatalk

The sku works looks to be the same a the bator. Is available a few places in the 6 cavity. For feeding .223 in an auto loader I must say 2 cavities would be a lot of casting time to shooting time ratio. Six cavity seems more promising. But I have heard the tiny calibers like that are tougher to cast so maybe a 2 cavity would make sense for ease in having a consistent cast.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    I thought the Bator has more of a round nose?

The bator does have a round nose and is fairly short. Way to short for my AR to be accurate. I got 4" groups at best at 100yds. Your AR may be different? 72g NOE mold I've been getting 2" and less. Few others here using the 70 grain with great results as well. Obviously NOE's are pricey.

I have several Lee molds and dies and presses, love their stiff and their price wish they made a 60-65g 225-229" mold.

Small cavity 2 place mold, once you get it to temp, you'd be surprised how fast you can cast 500 rnds.

Id like to see the specks on this bullet. Claims 0.225" but how about a length?

For the price I may just have to pick one up to play with it.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm thinking the same thing. I just wish it was a bit heavier.

Does anyone know the alloy Lee used for the declared bullet weight? I know I pick up 2 gr. as cast with 2/3/95 in a lyman mold I have. If I added lube and/or gas check....? Might this mold end up going around 60 gr.

500 rounds for the 38 revolver seems like a lot, in an auto loader eh not seem like so many then. But I have to agree with berksglh even a two cavity can crank out a pretty good size pile in not all that much time. Especially compared to what those 500 .225 pills would cost in jacketed.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Does anyone know the alloy Lee used for the declared bullet weight? I know I pick up 2 gr. as cast with 2/3/95 in a lyman mold I have. If I added lube and/or gas check....? Might this mold end up going around 60 gr.

500 rounds for the 38 revolver seems like a lot, in an auto loader eh not seem like so many then. But I have to agree with berksglh even a two cavity can crank out a pretty good size pile in not all that much time. Especially compared to what those 500 .225 pills would cost in jacketed.

http://www.sagesoutdoors.com/bullet-molds/69-lee-22-caliber-55-grain-double-cavity-bator-mold-c225-55-rf.html
    VS
    http://www.titanreloading.com/molds/bullet-molds/22-cal/lee-dc-mold-c22555rf

I'm seeing round flat for both and same SKU and one is clearly called the bator.
    If I saw the 2 cavity I might go for it at $20 but I'm probably going to save my money and go for the NOE mold, heavier bullet and longer nose profile

Boolit Master
    Looks a lot like the RCBS 22-55-SP. And my .223 loves that RCBS bullet, so may have to pick up one of these just to see if it works as well.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master

The image I saw looks more like my Lyman 225-55 gr RF. I have cast/shot many of those through my Mini 14 and AR15 Clone, first as a greaser then ESPCd. Last week I received my NOE 60 grain slick sided plain base mold (looks like the RCBS profile) just for PC. I have loaded a bunch that I ASBBDT coated, just need a trip the the range to see how they fly.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Bub
    Got to email notice they were back in stock, have on headed my way now!

Boolit Master

For $20, I couldn't resist the 2 cavity. I'll have to order up some .22cal gas checks now, but I'll be trying hard alloy with hi-tek and no checks as well.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Buddy

Has anyone noticed if this mold produces a shape which feeds better in an AR than the Bator boolit?

I have one and have cast quite a few, but haven't had the opportunity to load any up yet. Picked up some AL gas checks from Vulcan Checks for a good price. so I need to size/PC/Check first. More Grunt Work.

Boolit Master
    I agree, it looks like the RCBS to me.
    Great bullet for the .223. I have the NOE version, which my AR loves.

Boolit Buddy
    http://www.titanreloading.com/molds/...mold-c358200rf.

Looks like Lee is expanding some, and offering new mold designs...
    Sometimes I think we make things harder than they have to be

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast