Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: 4th eats...

Moderator Emeritus

4th eats...

Baked beans are cooking and making the house smell good, 24 hours on low in the crock pot = good stuff. Need to make coleslaw yet tonight, tomorrow is 6 slabs of spare ribs(pork), and a turkey on the Weber grill. Friends are making cowboy beans, pasta salad, desserts... plus chips, dips etc...

Boolit Buddy

Sounds yummy that's for sure maryb. I got a 5lb trimmed brisket just about ready to hit the smoker. Will add the baked beans when there is about 2 hrs left. I call them BBQ beans. Got some jalopeno poppers prepped this morning along with some corn shucked. Should be a tasty dinner. Happy 4th

We have a tub of potato salad, and a crock pot of beans coming.
    2 chuck roasts, short ribs, a chicken and jalapeno poppers are going in the smoker.
    I have the Ice Cream Bible out and was thinking of making ice cream.

Perm-Banned
    jalapeno poppers, it doesnt get better than that.

Moderator Emeritus

Butte does it's fireworks show on the third. Everyone is home, generally sober and they get to be first. Wife will work til 9:30 and the Daughters family will eat the brisket I have been smoking.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Vendor Sponsor

Got a $30 slab of Smithfield Baby Backs on the Traeger grill, just slathered some Sweet Baby Ray's on them, about 15more mins and it's SHOWTIME boys N girls! Pics later!

We have beans and fresh cukes from the garden, fresh sweet corn on the cob from the farmer's market, watermelon, sweet tea, and some weird Italian kind of pasta salad with tortellini, black olives, feta cheese, and marinated artichokes..

Enjoy your Independence Day, and BIG thanks all those who are serving or have served in our armed forces and also the supporting industries, we wouldn't be FREE without their combined efforts.

Last edited by DougGuy; 07-04-2015 at 05:39 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Moderator Emeritus

I pulled a sockeye fillet out of the freezer last night. I've spent way too much time online today, and am about to pull the plug and go outside and fire up the grill for that salmon fillet.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Brats and kraut, hamburgers, hot dogs, and on and on
    Man I love this country !!!!
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy
    Hamburgers and half chickens on the barbi, potatoes, pasta and chicken salad chillin in the frige. Molasses baked beans in the crockpot. Some excellent water melons in ice chests for later.

Since there is no real 4th drink - I am enjoying a Cuba Libre.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Hard rain all day! George Forman grill to the rescue.... Store bought burgers indoors to celebrate a not so great 4th ( in many ways)
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Moderator Emeritus

No food pics(I had to feed people or get lynched!) but the ribs were great with only 1 slab left. Most of the turkey was gone, most of my beans were gone, potato salad was emptied out(and it was a huge bowl, think bread mixing bowl size!), pasta salads were great and refreshing in the heat. Fun time, we got in a little pistol practice at a berm he has in the yard before the beer came out.

I am hurting today but once a year I can put up with the pain! To much fun!

Boolit Grand Master
    Bacon wrapped pork loin with a maple syrup (Genuine) brown sugar glaze. Photos to follow when I figure out why they can't be sent.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Butterflied chicken breasts, some stuffed with Cordon Blue and the others with Broccoli and Cheddar and covered with panko. I should have used butcher string to tie them shut--lessons learned. Cooked indirect with royal oak lump and a chunk of cherry.

Moderator Emeritus

I use skewers on stuffed chicken breast. String has a tendency to burn off. Run your skewer the entire length of the fold seam.

Banned

Bought a 5# box of shrimp and had a boil Friday. It turned out so well, we did it again Saturday.

Boolit Buddy

SWMBO and I sheltered in place on the 4th, just the two of us & Stella the Wunder Dawg. Put a 1lb Ribeye on the grill at about 5 or so, cooked Medium Rare with Homemade KFC Style Coleslaw & Macaroni Salad. Followed with Ice Cold Watermelon it made a nice celebratory meal for Independence Day. We turned in about 11'ish without hearing or smelling a single firework, life is GOOD in the Southern Sierras.
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved