Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My oh my.....

I can't believe I've been a member since '07. I think I joined because I had some questions on an old Spar-T press. While I've never been an active poster, I do enjoy the wealth of information this forum provides.

Boolit Master
    Don't forget Junior Doughty....I miss his posts too...

I have to be honest...there are a one or two here I don't much care for although you would be hard pressed to guess who. The vast majority I like very much.

Banned

I was offline here for almost a year, the computer crashed, then a move. When I came back there was this new thing called powder coat....That's what drew me back online. There's also a coinage conspiracy with copper, so I had to learn how to load for a rifle. A semi at that. Tried a new powder for the pistol, so with all that load development going on and ongoing, I've been back here a lot more often. Now, I'm pretty much caught up, all the brass is full, and the weapons are ready. Just practice now.

ETA, I'm always screwing with something though. It never ends, hence the username.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    your # 2363.
    all you do is hover your mouse icon thingy over your name and look down at the bottom left of your screen.
    I could give you the super secret B.S. answer, and say I keep records, never log out, and never sleep.
    Guess I am going to have to wait to log onto the site with something other than my
    Ipad. No mouse icon thingy

Boolit Master
    Gtek #12531 1/10. I would like to thank all who have freely given their knowledge, thoughts, experiences and suggestions here. It has helped me in many ways to refine my journey in this thing we call Boolits. I am not much of a fan of change, but it being a constant of both good and bad. Now if I could just find that app that informs me when the mold I want comes up on Swapping and Selling before someone else buys it in four seconds, that would be good change!

Banned

wait till those 6 things you been looking for come up all at once it's 12:30 am and no one else is looking at em.
    and you don't get paid for another 12 day's..
    that's when you learn heartbreak.

Mr.Wolf your number is too long okay it's #29,631
    I remember having Ken at my place a couple of years back, we were discussing having a political section or not.
    and we both thought much over 10-k members was a pipe dream.

I remember the drop down box format of the old shooters website.
    I could never find an old thread when I went back to the site
    it took me forever to buy another computer after moving to Idaho and didn't know this place existed for a while, I was looking for the closed down defunct shooters place.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks. #29,631 - took that long for the kids to grow up and for me to finally start doing what I enjoy.

Boolit Master
    Wow, just checked my number, 214. I thought it took me a long time to find this site after shooters closed, guess it didn't.
    Like I've said before, I started casting in the late 60's and had to learn pretty much by trial and error. All those years of experience amounted to a small fraction of the knowledge I obtained in the relatively few years I've been on this site.

Boolit Master

Looks like I joined on 3-20-05. It sure doesn't seem like 10 years.
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

I just looked up my member #. Was surprised. It is 165. I came over from the old board when I was just starting out in casting. I'm not an experimenter, consequently many(most?) of my posts are questions. Luckily for me many of the members here, even many of the newer members are experimenters with a lot of experience and are able to give good advice.

It is funny how things work out. I retired a little over a year after signing up here, thinking that I would have a lot of free time to cast, load and shoot. Hasn't worked out that way. I'm lucky if I can get a dozen trips a year to the range. Hope springs eternal though!
    John
    W.TN

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I'm #7. I remember we were all amazed when we topped 1500 members, and figured that was probably about it.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12