Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should have used a boolit!

Boolit Buddy
    20mm oerlikon aught to do it, just wouldnt want to tote it very far....

Boolit Master
    Wife and I really enjoyed the movie. We went to an old-fashion drive-in movie to see it two nights ago. Great fun. I did get a chuckle out of the lack of recoil from what I thought at the time was a 450 Marlin but I was impressed that the star used a lever gun and not a "black rifle". I see more and more levers on TV and in the movies these days which makes me smile.

You don't take a small gun to a Raptor fight.....Arnold knows:

Attachment 144293
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The meetings will continue until we find out why we can't get anything done around here. NRA Life Member, Illinois State Rifle Assoc., Chillicothe Sportsmans Club.

In Remembrance

My vote goes to a bolt action 45-70 loaded with Barnes 500 gr. soilds at 2000 fps. Hard on shoulders but harder on dangerous game.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

If I made these sort of horror movies the actors would have to have a lot more dialog. Would not make them all so stupid they end up dead. Can you say "red shirt" Mr. Spock?

With all the dead bodies in the house I'm not liking that dark cellar much, Hank why don't you toss a frag grenade down there before we go to investigate.

Yes mam we are sort of exposed out here in this pile of rocks in the middle of a clearing but since we have night vision equipment and scopes, with the ability to reach out and put a round into a frogs nose at 500 meters this is a good spot. Much better than that little clearing back there with the heavy underbrush coming within a few feet of it.

Billy you take first over watch from up there, 2 hr. first rotation on guard duty we're all tired and I don't want anyone falling asleep. We can go to 4 hrs. after we have all had a nap.

Well Hank we all might as well just wait while you go back to the truck and get your backup piece in case your rifle jams. Those teenagers in the haunted woods are probably already dead like all the rest so no point in rushing in unprepared. Take Joe with you to watch your back when you go.

Nope, now that we are forted up in a secure, defensible position we are not going to go out and wander around. We are going to get ready and let the bad guys come to us where we choose the terrain.

Everyone got 300 rounds of ammo in 10 magazines? Check. Backup piece with 60 rounds in 4 magazines? Check. Night vision equipment working? Check. Ok now we form up and go into the woods after whatever slaughtered those cows. And stick with your buddy so you can watch each others backs.

No John leave the cross bow and take the lever action in 44 magnum. Couple of extra boxes of shells too.

If the radio doesn't work we will just fire a couple of these flares each of us has so you will know where to hit the nest with an air strike.

These guys would live and then we would need to have dialog for them in order to have a movie. Of course if it was a guy movie, not a whole lot of dialog. "Good shot" "yep that worked" "want a beer or one of these wine coolers" "well you shot the t-rex so your going to have to figure out how to skin it"
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Go BIG or git et

[QUOTE=RogerDat;3309If I made these sort of horror movies the actors would have to have a lot more dialog. Would not make them all so stupid they end up dead. Can you say "red shirt" Mr. Spock?

With all the dead bodies in the house I'm not liking that dark cellar much, Hank why don't you toss a frag grenade down there before we go to investigate.

Yes mam we are sort of exposed out here in this pile of rocks in the middle of a clearing but since we have night vision equipment and scopes, with the ability to reach out and put a round into a frogs nose at 500 meters this is a good spot. Much better than that little clearing back there with the heavy underbrush coming within a few feet of it.

Billy you take first over watch from up there, 2 hr. first rotation on guard duty we're all tired and I don't want anyone falling asleep. We can go to 4 hrs. after we have all had a nap.

Well Hank we all might as well just wait while you go back to the truck and get your backup piece in case your rifle jams. Those teenagers in the haunted woods are probably already dead like all the rest so no point in rushing in unprepared. Take Joe with you to watch your back when y

Nope, now that we are forted up in a secure, defensible position we are not going to go out and wander around. We are going to get ready and let the bad guys come to us where we choose the terrain.

Everyone got 300 rounds of ammo in 10 magazines? Check. Backup piece with 60 rounds in 4 magazines? Check. Night vision equipment working? Check. Ok now we form up and go into the woods after whatever slaughtered those cows. And stick with your buddy so you can watch each others backs.

No John leave the cross bow and take the lever action in 44 magnum. Couple of extra boxes of shells too.

If the radio doesn't work we will just fire a couple of these flares each of us has so you will know where to hit the nest with an air strike.

These guys would live and then we would need to have dialog for them in order to have a movie. Of course if it was a guy movie, not a whole lot of dialog. "Good shot" "yep that worked" "want a beer or one of these wine coolers" "well you shot the t-rex so your going to have to figure out how to skin it"[/QUOTE]Once heard of an old professional hunter who toted a 600 nitro double rifle. One of his clients asked him "Why do you use a 600 nitro?". He replied "Because the @$&&%s wont make a 700 nitro!!!
    Most folks see a firearm as rifle, pistol, shotgun, ect.... I see a canvas.

[QUOTE=458mag;3309696 I once heard of a Professional Hunter who toted a 600 nitro. One of his fellow hunters asked him "Why do you tote such a huge double in 600 nitro?" He replied,"Because the [EMAIL="!@#$%s"]!@#$%s[/EMAIL] wont make a 700 nitro!!
    Most folks see a firearm as rifle, pistol, shotgun, ect.... I see a canvas.

Boolit Master

Well DUH it was a movie

How bad is no recoil? I grew up thinking a six shooter could hit 10 Indians or bad guys moving fast at 70 yards with darn near every shot. And that was in the hands of "also starring" The star got 4 more shots in his pistol and could shoot as well from horseback as everyone else did standing.

Guns never ran out of bullets unless you were close enough to the bad guy for a fist fight. Or the bad guy was about to escape. Actually that one sort of makes sense.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Just think, all you guys with the large .50 caliber barret rifles will have some big game to hunt. Dino on the bar-b, hmmm, with some sweet baby ray's bar-b-que sauce and ice cold brewski, yum yum.

Boolit Master
    There was one horror film, [I think it would qualify] in which the threatened female got it right. It starred Jeff Bridges and Glenn Close. She figured out he was the murderer and he knew he was in trouble. That evening he came charging into her bedroom wearing a ski mask. She was in bed reading a book. When he jumped up onto the foot of her bed holding a large knife, she pulled a S&W 357 from under the cover and blew his butt out onto the carpet. Now admittedly it didn't happen in the first reel but you must admit , she got 'er did. How many times do you see a movie in which some dirt bag terrorizes a women thru the entire flick and when she finally shoots the creep she suddenly decides to sit dawn next to his bod and take a little rest, only to have him reach over and grab her by the throat. It either happens that way or he comes at her with a weapon and she manages to knock him down with a lamp, vase or whatever and instead of grabbing the weapon he has just dropped, she screams and tries to run away, all the while waving her arms and screaming. Of course I don't get to write the scripts either.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Cast Hunter

Saw the movie Friday night with SWMBO. I was pleased with the hero's choice of rifle, but did notice he shot twice in a row without working the lever. Must be a special model.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

AR camo'd like lever so the feds won't take it.
    Actually saw the first one when nothing else was on TV. Got tired of all the gals ( & jenner?)screaming - went into the other room and logged on here.
    Oh, saw that the sun is going out in 2030 so don't worry about T Rex. Besides, they have determined that T-Rex is a garbage eater, like a buzzard, as it had feathers - not skin. Not a hunter.
    Whatever!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12