Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: Slow boat from Italy arrived with Uberti 1885 Schuetzen palm rest parts

Question Slow boat from Italy arrived with Uberti 1885 Schuetzen palm rest parts

I ordered most of the Uberti 1885 Schuetzen palm rest parts back on Nov 14 2014 (IIRC) and I just got a call from the importer. Everything but the pommel came in, it must still be growing in Italy. They'll have to cut it, dry it, then turn it out. Say another 3-5 years... Ever wonder why the Italian economy is no great shakes?

Wow... almost eight months... I could have had a rifle BUILT in that time... But what do I know?
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!

They're waiting for the wood to warp ......

Boolit Master

I think there was a boycott/strike of some sort on the coast? I ordered some stuff from china it took 3 months. I had to order from China they have complete control over what I ordered. This is going to happen more and more with our wonderful world economy.

Quote Originally Posted by randyrat View Post
    I think there was a boycott/strike of some sort on the coast?
    I thought that was all on the left coast.
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!

Boolit Master
    I waited over a year for a stirrup for the lock on my Pedersoli muzzle loader. The importer explained that there is one ship a year that comes from Italy with all the guns, parts and accessories that have been ordered in the previous year by all the U.S. sales outlets. If what you want happens to have been ordered, your outlet will have it in stock and you get it after the cargo is unloaded and distributed. If not, you wait until what you ordered is combined with all the other orders from all the other outlets, the list sent to Italy, the shipping schedule worked out and the ship commissioned and loaded for its next trip. So it is conceivable that you could wait almost two years for your part, if you catch the timing just right.

We're kind of like those South Sea Islands people with the one schooner a year that comes in from the outside world. Sounds strange in this era of the World Wide Web, it there it is.

Boolit Master

For that kind of delay, you'd think they could have some art student in Florence carve you a palm rest out of marble in the style of one of the Renaissance masters. . .
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

The Italians observe at least 150 holidays that occur on a week day.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Master
    Funny system, parts for a gun you already paid for, well they ship once a year, but guns they don't wait for the boat. They can ship guns that fast, then parts should even easier. I never have gotten a call back on my new Uberti break top that had issues out of the box.

Boolit Master
    I'd have ordered the parts from Gail.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cash View Post
    The Italians observe at least 150 holidays that occur on a week day.
    The people in Greece must observe the same holidays must be why the Greeks are broke!!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    That must be like a five year old waiting for Christmas to get here . . . starting on December 27th!

ohland - I don't know what the pommel looks like . . any chance of getting it made here? Is it "turned" roof a different shape? I don't do woodworking anymore (I had a custom woodworking shop/cabinet/millwork shop) but I often took on "odd projects" to make something that a customer needed. Maybe you could find someone who could do it?

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    ohland - I don't know what the pommel looks like . . any chance of getting it made here?
    It has been so long I forgot. Most likely a knob.
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!