RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&B Primers

Boolit Buddy

S&B Primers

Just got a great deal on S&B primers at Cabelas, $19.99 /1000. I had read where some folks had issues with them. they needed excessive force to seat. I had no issues with them. Hand primed 400 9mm cases and only had 2 that needed extra effort to seat and no culls. Will take them out to the range on the 4th and see if they will shoot. At that price it may be time to fill up on them.

Bob

I haven't had any problems with the ones I've used either. Shoot just fine.

Moderator Emeritus

Used both small and large with no issues.

I haven't had any issues with the primers, only with there brass I have had issue's with, sticking and breaking decapping pins while depriming them, flash holes are small.
    As I was told when I was a child; your elders will make you smarter if you listen. Then when you are older your elders will teach you WISDOM.
    300winmag

The primer pocket on S&B brass are also smaller in diameter. They can be swaged, but I normally just throw them in the recycle bin when I get them.

I like both their brass and primers. I've reloaded S&B brass in several different calibers, and I've used their primer in several different calibers. I've had no problem with either of them, but you can tell when you're priming an S&B case. I like snug primer pockets, though......

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

They can be swaged, but I normally just throw them in the recycle bin when I get them.
    Along with AMERC and any SP .45ACP. Life's too short.

Boolit Master
    The Cabelas sale is back on.

It looks like the $19.99 per brick is only good until 12/24. The free shipping for orders over $100 goes until 1/2.

I have been using pretty much nothing since S&B since I got in on my first Cabelas sale and have been happy with the product.

Boolit Mold
    When they drop below $20 I buy a lot

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Recently watched a video on primer comparisons and the S&B had the lowest SD of the ones tested. Seem like they might be worth a try.

Banned

I've used, and still do, quite a lot of S&B primers and I like them. I'm also a fan of Wolf's, but our screwy politics ruined getting any of those anymore. Just remember boys the U.S. isn't the only place in the world that makes good things.

Wolf SRM primers were THE choice for a lot of 223/5.56 shooters for a while. Lucky enough to still have 10K.

Their primers are fine. Their brass can have tight primer pockets but that is the same no matter who’s primer you try to put back into them.

FWIW some of their 9mm cases are not brass, rather brass plated steel cases. You can’t tell them apart without a magnet.

Boolit Buddy
    I use them and they go bang, however my Dillon primer filler likes them less than CCI or Winchester.

Boolit Master

thanks for the heads up, just got 25 bricks for 150 bucks (used up my points), that should last me for awhile.

Boolit Man
    I was going to place an order but found out they could not be shipped to stores for pick-up. No way around that haz-mat fee.

Looks like I have more thinking to do...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

the hazmat was 20 bucks and they had free shipping, it would cost me 20 bucks to go to the store to get them.

Boolit Master
    Thnx for the "heads up!"!! Just bought 5K mixed.

Merry Christmas! and Happy Holidays!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Bub
    Summers in N.E. PA, Winters in Central Florida
    What 300WinMag and Howard said, the primer pockets on S&B brass can be a PITA, very tight! I've also had some issues with the brass being tight in the shellholders.
    Haven't seen their primers for sale, anywhere here in central "Fladuh", not even at Gun shows, but would like to try them without having to get hit over the head with the Hazmat fees.

I picked up 2k of the S&B small pistol primers at Cabela's this weekend for $20/k. Was needing SPP's anyway, that's why I was there. Seen them and the price, and hemmed/hawed around a bit, kicking the tires, because I've never used them before. I finally reasoned that, "hey, S&B ammo is good, and surely they don't use someone else's primers....."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast