Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyleee View Post
    You can't fix stupid.
    But you can stick it

Boolit Master
    Er,no thanks Mary,please keep him.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    Very well put. Many if not most Americans (myself included) have a hard time understanding the British Monarchy system. At the same time, it's clearly a part of what it is to be British, and as such should be respected even when we do things differently. Some day in the future I would love to visit Great Britain and see some of the amazing sites and ceremony you have there.
    Fatelk and Driverman,thanks for those words.As I see it,it is all about respect for each culture,unfortunately there are those on this planet who only have one selfish agenda,that is to dominate all other cultures.Together our nations will eventually put them into the dumpster of history just as those Gangsters where after 1939-1945.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Somali's are worse! I deal with them grocery shopping and they push you, ram you with carts(one rammed me 3 times until I let my jacket fall open exposing the pistol, she left the cart, grabbed her kids and ran for the door), refuse to move when you say excuse me, and they need some hygiene lessons...
    YES. My wife is a nurse and just deplores Somali men. She has to grin and bare it.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    You actually posted this?

Mayhap they feel the same way about our Government and so called leader, and our guard at The Tomb of The Unknown!
    I feel the same way about our Government and our nutless "leader". They're all an embarrassment and we'd be better off if we did a complete reset back to 1788.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Col4570 View Post
    Er,no thanks Mary,please keep him.
    Tell ya what. If you take him back, we promise not to send Rosie O'Donnell over there to you...

Boolit Master
    maybe it was history class where we were learning about the continental congress , the declaration of independence , the Boston tea party , when you get 8-9 year olds chanting down with the king , no taxation without representation , give me liberty or give me death , must have been an impressionable age for me.

any thing royal , has always had a sour taste for me

but that is no reason to not respect the guard doing his job , thats the person most deserving of respect so long as he/she is doing it with honor and respect for the people.

In logic I can understand why a head of state may be a uniting emblem of the state , or a pleasant distraction from the politicians.

don't worry , I hold no politician American or any other in any higher regard than any one I would meet on the street

celebrity does nothing for me either , actors , actresses , professional sports players , I can appreciate their work and accomplishments in their field , but feel they need be paid no special attention , there are so many men and women who do such incredible work that is unseen one example my old neighbor Steve spent years working on the delivery method for a vaccine that should prevent tens of millions from a miserable fate . these accomplishments should be celebrated , but the fact of the matter is there are tens of thousands of Steves working in many fields making life better every day in so many unseen ways.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE View Post

any thing royal , has always had a sour taste for me
    It says right on there...sweet as honey!

Attachment 143243
    A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.

Boolit Master
    Thank you all members of the Commonwealth. We unfortunately have people that should know better but don't that have stupid opinions. They need educating and you have helped. Unfortunately it probably won't do any good because they can't or refuse learn. And they want to tell other people how to live.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by quickdraw66 View Post
    Tell ya what. If you take him back, we promise not to send Rosie O'Donnell over there to you...
    Er,how do I politely decline your offer,Without getting the alternative.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckiller View Post
    Thank you all members of the Commonwealth. We unfortunately have people that should know better but don't that have stupid opinions. They need educating and you have helped. Unfortunately it probably won't do any good because they can't or refuse learn. And they want to tell other people how to live.
    Yes,I have always had the greatest respect for your nation and would not criticize U S A politics ,a liberty mainly confined to journalists desperate for a story.

Moderator Emeritus

Blackmail! Why didn't I think of that lol

Quote Originally Posted by quickdraw66 View Post

Boolit Master
    I wonder what would be the result of choosing at random the parents of a newborn child, of considerable but not necessarily academic education, and saying "Accept this substantial allowance to educate your child and keep him out of trouble, because he is going to be President for life when he grows up"?

I can imagine him giving just as satisfactory a performance as seems to be usual for US presidents nowadays. Of course it is debatable whether being a descendent from Odin and Mohammed, and being the nearest living relative of George Washington, all of which Elizabeth II is, is actually better than random selection. But I can't see what would make it worse.
    Last edited by Ballistics in Scotland; 07-06-2015 at 08:22 AM.

How is Queen Elizabeth descended from the Prophet Muhammed?

She is the great (x43) granddaughter of the Prophet, if we can rely on the rather patchy genealogical records of early-mediaeval Spain.

It must be noted, however, that many of our sources from the Dark Ages are disputed or unclear, so it is not possible to make any absolute statements.

The key connections are these:

In 1023, Abu al-Qasim Muhammad ibn Abbad became the ruler of Seville in al-Andalus. He was formerly a qadi (judge) appointed by the Caliph of Cordoba, but seized power and formed his own dynasty, the Abbadids. He was a descendant of Muhammad through his daughter Fatima and grandson Hasan ibn Ali.

In 1091 the Almoravids from Morocco invaded Muslim Spain, and his grandson Al-Mu'tamid ibn Abbad lost his throne. His daughter Zaida fled north and took refuge at the court of King Alfonso VI of Leon. She became his mistress - the king was already married, but his wife was bedridden with illness. Zaida later converted to Christianity, took the baptismal name Isabella and - once the king's previous wife died - married him, bearing him three children that we know of.

In 1352 Maria de Padilla, a descendant of Zaida and Alfonso, became the mistress of King Peter 'the Cruel' of Castille. They had four children - two of the daughters married sons of King Edward III of England. It is from Isabella of Castille and Edmund, Duke of York that the current Queen of the UK is descended.

Here's the ancestry in full:

Elizabeth II, Queen of the UK - daughter of
    George VI, King of the UK - son of
    George V, King of the UK - son of
    Edward VII, King of the UK - son of
    Victoria, Queen of the UK - daughter of
    Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn - son of
    George III, King of Great Britain - son of
    Frederick, Prince of Wales - son of
    George II, King of Great Britain - son of
    George I, King of Great Britain - son of
    Sophia, Electress of Hanover - daughter of
    Elizabeth of Bohemia - daughter of
    James I/VI, King of England, Ireland & Scotland - son of
    Mary, Queen of Scots - daughter of
    James V, King of Scots - son of
    Margaret Tudor - daughter of
    Elizabeth of York - daughter of
    Edward IV, King of England - son of
    Richard Plantagenet, Duke of York - son of
    Richard of Conisburgh, Earl of Cambridge - son of
    Isabella Perez of Castille - daughter of
    Maria Juana de Padilla - daughter of
    Maria Fernandez de Henestrosa - daughter of
    Aldonza Ramirez de Cifontes - daughter of
    Aldonza Gonsalez Giron - daughter of
    Sancha Rodriguez de Lara - daughter of
    Rodrigo Rodriguez de Lara - son of
    Sancha Alfonsez, Infanta of Castile - daughter of
    Zaida (aka Isabella) - daughter of
    Al-Mu'tamid ibn Abbad, King of Seville - son of
    Abbad II al-Mu'tadid, King of Seville - son of
    Abu al-Qasim Muhammad ibn Abbad, King of Seville - son of
    Ismail ibn Qarais - son of
    Qarais ibn Abbad - son of
    Abbad ibn Amr - son of
    Amr ibn Aslan - son of
    Aslan ibn Amr - son of
    Amr ibn Itlaf - son of
    Itlaf ibn Na'im - son of
    Na'im II al-Lakhmi - son of
    Na'im al-Lakhmi - son of
    Zahra bint Husayn - daughter of
    Husayn ibn Hasan - son of
    Hasan ibn Ali - son of
    Fatima - daughter of
    Muhammad (pbuh) and

The tracing of the kings and queens of the Royal House of David from Old to New Testament days is an exciting and rewarding study. Though it is sometimes suggested that our Royal House is of German origin, this is not factual. The rule of the Stuarts ended unhappily and Cromwell came to power; but, tiring of his discipline, the people restored the monarchy; thus the nearest lineal descendant of the Royal House of Stuart was sought. [IMG]https://www.cai.org/files/images/theme-sheets/ni/i2013

/image001.jpg[/IMG]British "Coat-of-Arms"

The daughter of James I was Elizabeth, who married the King of Bohemia. Their daughter Sophia married the Elector of Hannover and their eldest son became George I of England. Thus, the great grandson of James I became King of Great Britain and Ireland in 1714, introducing into the sovereignty of this United Kingdom, the House of Hannover and of Brunswick.
    Our present Queen, Queen Elizabeth, is a direct descendant of King David of the Old Testament.
    Though it might be suggested that George I was half-German, this is not so, for his father, Earnest Augustus of Hannover, and his grandfather, Frederick of Bohemia, were both descended from Odin and Frea. Odin (or Wodin) was descended from Calcol and Dardan, who were Zara-Judah's sons. Thus the alliance of Elisabeth and Sophia only strengthened the Judah line: thus, although some members of the Royal line resided in Germany for a period. German Kings never ruled Britain at any time.
    The Royal College of Heralds in Britain accepts this direct line of descent from King David to Queen Elizabeth II as factual.

It is an interesting world we live in.
    Last edited by Driver man; 07-22-2015 at 06:34 PM.
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

Boolit Master
    Driverman,

Thank you for your interesting and informative post.

I do not see Alfred the Great, a German of Saxon lineage, in your list of 'who begat who'. Alfred the Great, to my knowledge, is the only Monarch of England so named "....the Great". Any comment is much appreciated.

Y.T.,
    Harold
    "Only when the Muslims (Arabs) begin to love their children as much as they hate us, will there be peace."
    Golda Mier

"Fear is a reaction, courage is a decision"
    Luca Scato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12