Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: You guys convinced me. Ordered some Carnuba red today.

Boolit Buddy

You guys convinced me. Ordered some Carnuba red today.

Well you guys convinced me to try the White Label lube. I just ordered 24 sticks of the Carnuba Red. I've tried lot of lubes and even tried making my own but his prices are so good and his lube is so well thought of, I figured why bother with the mess of making it again. I do have a heater for my Lyman 45 although I'll probably be upgrading to a Star here shortly. I cast for 357/38 Special, 41 mag, 44 mag/Special, 45 Colt, 400 Whelen, 35 Whelen, 30-30 and 6mmx222. It sounds like Carnuba Red is the lube for all of these. I'm excited to try it.
    Only left handed guns are interesting!

I've been using BAC basically ever since I started shooting cast. Up to now, it has NEVER let me down. I'm starting to venture to speeds of +2200 FPS in a couple of rifles, so I've been thinking of ordering some Carnuba Red myself. But I refuse to clean-out a lubesizer, so I'm either gonna have to buy another or start looking into pan lubing. Decisions, decisions . . . . . .

Boolit Buddy
    I'm almost to the bottom of the reservoir on my old Lyman 45 with some of my homemade lube. I could melt up some of my backstock and fill it again but decided to keep it for pan lubing some 12 bore bullets. I'll fill the 45 with the White Label and not have to fool around with the mess of melting and pouring into the sizer any more.
    Only left handed guns are interesting!

Boolit Buddy
    you will not be disappointed with the choice of going to the c-red been using it for years and it has never failed me
    and as a plus you have some good people to deal with and they are members here
    mule

Boolit Master

I also have been using Carnuba Red for years, and wouldn't consider using anything else for 99% of the loads I use. I will be venturing into pushing cast through a 218 Bee though, so in my next order I will be including some 2700+ along with the Carnuba Red re-supply. Down to my last 2 tubes out of the dozen I ordered several years ago...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
    I also have been using Carnuba Red for years, and wouldn't consider using anything else for 99% of the loads I use. I will be venturing into pushing cast through a 218 Bee though, so in my next order I will be including some 2700+ along with the Carnuba Red re-supply. Down to my last 2 tubes out of the dozen I ordered several years ago...
    2700+ and c red are one and the same
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swheeler View Post
    2700+ and c red are one and the same
    Just curious. Why do you say they are the same. People that use C-Red say that it needs a heater to flow. I use 2500+ with out a heater so there must be some difference...............Terry

Boolit Master
    Carnauba Red = 2700+
    Xlox = 2500+

Dave
    Psalm 18: 28-49
    Psalm 144: 1-8

Boolit Master
    The guy who runs White Label uses Carnuba Red for rifle and pistol. After trying all his lubes, I came to same conclusion. Heated, its goes on and stays on w/o tackiness and issues.

I have great results with his other lubes but Carnuba Red is the winner.

I've been using Carnuba Red for about 1 year with excellent results. This group turned me on to it and I agree it works and the price is right.
    PJ
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Master

I always made my own lube until I tried the White Label lubes. At his prices, it is not worth the effort to make my own anymore.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle