Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: CCI #500 Small Pistol Primers - Where are they ?

Boolit Master on Heavens Range

CCI #500 Small Pistol Primers - Where are they ?

Yep, CCI #500 Small Pistol Primers out of stock almost everywhere. Hopefully that BS isn't going to start up all over again...
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Master
    Plenty of #500 available at local reloading store (southern California). Not cheap though ($30).
    Amazingly some 1-pound Bullseye, Unique, and 2400 are finally starting to show up as well (also pricey at $24-$29) !

Jerry
    Last edited by GLL; 06-23-2015 at 12:42 PM.
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Buddy
    Sheesh, that's unbelievable. I just walked out of my favorite lgs and they had 1000s. The only ones I didn't see were cci lg. pistol primers. Everything in Winchester though. No power pistol or universal, which is what I was after. I did get some more bullseye and unique.

Banned
    Must all be down here, plenty of CCI and WW primers around these parts. Bullseye and Unique starting to show up as well.

Boolit Master
    Yep, availability getting better here in the Moscow and Lewiston, Idaho areas.

Millions upon MILLIONS of CCI primers shipped from CCI in Lewiston, along with more millions of .22 ammo, so little by little things just getting better.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Grand Master

They're with the 22's, Bullseye and Unique.
    And not in Baton Rouge....Ideeeho needs to send some South.
    The only thing I could find was a small bottle of 700X.
    What's going to happen when hillary gets elected?

Boolit Master
    Haven't been looking much for primers.
    My fav LGS is starting to get pistol powders at reasonable prices. I picked up BE, 700x, power pistol (a new one to me.)
    They said they'd try to get me some kegs of Clays & 231. Not holding my breath, though.

Boolit Master
    Ideeeeeeeho is sending almost all of the CCI primers and ammo else where.

Was talking to one of the Lewiston gun shop people recently and they had tried to get a deal going in the Lewiston area to buy some stock directly from the local CCI production. NO SUCH LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Even going together for a group buy, they could not come close to the amount ordered by the big distributers and it was not worth the time/effort for the company to deal with the local folk on that bases.

So, sad though it may be, the stock we see on the shelves in this area is coming to those stores in the same way it is to everyone else, through the major distributers.

Bet it wouldn't have been that way when CCI and Speer were still owned by the Speer brothers.

Those were the days my friend!

Crusty Deary ol'Coot

Boolit Buddy
    Central Texas seems to have CCI 500. I just bought a box of 1K. I still haven't seen any 2400 powder or Bullseye. There is other powders coming.

Ed C

Boolit Master
    academy sporting goods in Huntsville Texas had about 55K CCI small pistol primers last time we were there.

FYI

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Master
    You might regularly check Powder Valley online; they have them at times.

Banned

I think things are out there just some here and some there.
    I have been able to get bulls-eye, unique, 700 and 800-x powders with pretty good frequency throughout this whole thing.
    I haven't had a whole lot of luck finding red-dot [in 8 lb jugs] and no 2400 or RL-19 at all.
    it seems to be a regional thing as to what is available.

I have a good supply; but I've seen them at Bass Pro and the LGS. Not great prices; but not what I'd call outrageous either. No limits (other than imposed by your wallet). I'm seeing 22LR back on the shelves in Atlanta (less so in Texas). 22LR is still a bit pricey.

Boolit Master
    Saw cci primers at the fw cabelas last saturday. Picked up a 1 k box of s&b lpp as they were on sale. Winchester primers were too rich for my blood. Lots of 22 ammo there also. I was suprised that folks werent cleaning off the shelves like they did a while back.

Boolit Grand Master

Plenty of CCI at the C&E show last weekend, although at prices from $30. to $40/1000. Winchester the same.
    I was down to 400 so I coughed up the price.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

LGS here has some Bonz, also a good supply of stuff at a store "Up North" just a nice 2 hr drive from me. Common up for a visit and we can do a little road trip
    Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Boolit Master
    Just bought my weekly 1k from grafs yesterday. Had winchester, remington, cci. And yes, I bought cci 500 spp. For some reason, I think it's the silver finish, they cycle better in my sdb.

Boolit Master
    I think runfiverun hit the nail on the head with the regional thing. I can get small pistol primers any day of the week in Huntsville, either at academy or at Able Ammo. Small pistol magnum primers I can't find to save my bacon. My cousin up in Wyoming on the other had found a store local to him that has cases of Small pistol magnum, but he can't find small pistol. In fact down here the only magnum I have seen are large pistol magnum. Small rifle, large rifle, we can get, just again not in magnum primers. And forget about match primers, we ain't got 'em. Same thing with percussion caps. You couldn't buy a single percussion cap with a $100 bill in east Texas. Shotgun primers are also very hit and miss in these parts.

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm