RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: NCBS 2015 - in pictures!

Boolit Master

NCBS 2015 - in pictures!

Friday Night's Rools Kommittee!!

Last edited by obssd1958; 06-20-2015 at 01:13 PM.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master

Boolit Master

Boolit Master

Boolit Master

Boolit Master

Boolit Master

Boolit Master

Hi to all!

A Great Big THANK YOU to; obssd1958, for putting the pictures on here for all to see!
    I had planned to do it, but ran into a myriad of problems. I won't bore you with to many excuses other than to say, I learn t, my first communication skills from folks actually turning a crank on a telephone to get an operator or to get someone! I will only use the excuse, that folks like me kind of ended our lectronik learning, about the time FAX machines came on the scene!

A couple of the Awards deserve additional detail. First the "Practical Rifleman's Award"!

quillbilly, Has been offering this award each of the past several years. So I'm going to call it, an Annual Award. He brings an 8" X 16" Gong. The distance is chosen by him and is always different. This year it was approx 150yds. Participants shoot a open sight rifle, Off Hand, they have 2 min. to get off 10 shots. The trophy is made by quillbilly out of quilt grain maple, with a 24K gold plated 30-30 cartridge attached. Fast Asleep, won it this year, hitting the Gong 6 out of 10 times. Now I hope my numbers are right? I am sorry that I didn't get it noted on the picture.

Second: Is The "Real McCoy Recognition Award"! It was started by our leader, ammohead, last year, as I believe an annual Award? It is to recognize outstanding individuals that are stalwarts of our NCBS community, doing sometime things for us, that are beyond the call of duty! The first years winner was; BruceB. and this year, it was awarded to NVcurmudgeon, which I will say, was well deserved!

Hopefully I will have pictures of event winners coming your way within a week or so!
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 06-20-2015 at 10:11 AM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Super Moderator

...............I would like to say that this is without a doubt the most enjoyable gathering anyone (even if they weren't a shooter) could possibly attend. Since almost everyone is armed, it is a VERY courteous affair Since everyone brings quite a few firearms (and I personally noted [Happily] no "Black Guns", the fastest shooters happened to be lever actions. The closest to those happened to be a couple M1A's, but since the stocks were wood, and elsewhere good old cro-moly steel they fit right in. Tom (7s & 8's) had the cutest Remington pump in 32-20. Fastasleep (Tim) had a nice selection (as did some others) of 1893 Marlins. There were many 1894 Winchesters, and Mauser bolt actions of varying ages and pedigrees.

I always say. "Next year I'm gonna ................." but it seems that next year always comes too soon for me to get something special whomped up. However, I do think that for next years Team Rifle Shoot I'll have the .577 Snider primed and ready to go. Nothing like making .600" holes in the board!

For the lunch on Saturday we had BBQ'd Tri Tip and London Broil with all the fixing's, cooked right there. I personally did my best imitation of a 'Hawg'. I almost needed help getting up from the table. A lot of work was done, but spread out over all the participants as volunteers for those who'd provided it, and did the heavy lifting it went very well indeed. I have to admit that I do not believe I did much more then eat!

For those of you who HAVE attended, you know what you missed. For those of you who have never been, all I can say is that I'll take your name and pray for ya ............as you do NOT know what you're missing. There is ALWAYS next year. Great people, a great facility, and a wonderous amount of simple enjoyable fun.

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

Great pics.
    I was seriously bummed to not be there this year.
    Looking on the bright side though...the pictures sure look better without my ugly mug fouling them up.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    obssd1958:

Thank you for posting the great photos ! The smiles are proof that fun was had by all.

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Vendor Sponsor
    Thanks for posting the pictures. A couple of minute corrections. Fast Asleep, alias Tim Janke won the practical contest with 8 of 10 hitting the gong in 3 minutes. A feat that deserves noting. The BBQ was on Sunday and we had lots of sausages from the Harter clan, a delicious moose meatloaf and strawberry/rhubarb pie from John and Lagene, and I supplied brisket cooked slow.

Next year there is talk of having a Saturday evening BBQ like the fine affairs that the Bannister family used the throw at their house. This would be held at the facilities at the range. A collection was taken and given as a donation to the range in BruceB's name with a request that a plaque be hung in the meeting room to honor our departed friend.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Well there was a black rifle but it was just 3 hr out of shrink-wrap at the roolz dinner.

It is an amazing weekend all should attend....... Maybe not all at once I don't think Winnemucca could handle 20,000 of us all at 1 time.
    Thanks for the props but we were just feeding friends on a Sunday afternoon.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks to Mac for posting the pictures and all the rest of the group to again make this event such a great time. I was disappointed that I had to miss the awards dinner and am already looking forward to next year's event.

Tim