Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: 7mm bullet suggestions?

Boolit Buddy

7mm bullet suggestions?

Group, I cast a lot for handguns including xp100s and contenders. for my 7mms, I'm using the 145gr RCBS sillouette bullet. It woks ok but it is a nose rider design. I'm looking at some longer range testing with powder coat, and coating this bullet will result in bullets that will be too big to chamber. My does anyone have a suggestion for a good 7mm mold in the 120-140 gr range?

Thanks in advance

If you are interested in heavier designs, I have 2 CBE moulds; one is this one http://www.castbulletengineering.com...-double-cavity and the other is the same boolit but without the gas check shank.

I understand this is also a nose rider design, but this boolit's nose was very loose in the Contender I used; in the BRNO 7x57, it is a much better fit.

As I no longer have my 7TCU Contender, I am looking to sell these moulds, so if you are interested, I can cast up a couple of dozen samples and ship them to you. It would take a week or two as they would come from Australia.

Send me PM if interested.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    The Lee 7mm shot very well for years in the 7TCU for me and killed a couple of deer with it.

The NOE 7 Thor will do whatever is needed at whatever velocity desired. Know a fellow who pushes them hard and regularly shoots them out to just short of 400 yards.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...su794e7ples1p2
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbrat View Post
    If you are interested in heavier designs, I have 2 CBE moulds; one is this one http://www.castbulletengineering.com...-double-cavity and the other is the same boolit but without the gas check shank.

I understand this is also a nose rider design, but this boolit's nose was very loose in the Contender I used; in the BRNO 7x57, it is a much better fit.

As I no longer have my 7TCU Contender, I am looking to sell these moulds, so if you are interested, I can cast up a couple of dozen samples and ship them to you. It would take a week or two as they would come from Australia.

Send me PM if interested.
    Thanks norbrat, several of the 7mms I have don't seem to like heavy bullets, even jacketed which is the reason I'm looking for lighter options.

Boolit Master
    I use the rcbs sil. bullet in 7mm in a rifle if that helps.
    jim

Size 'em to .284.
    After powder coating they will be .285 or .286 and shoot just fine
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion