RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Found some new ingot moulds at Wally World

Boolit Buddy
    Search eBay for cast iron muffin pan. I have several Griswold #10 Cast Iron Muffin Pans and they work fine.
    Bob

Boolit Master

Around this part of the country Griswold cast iron skillets, muffin pans etc. are collectors items that people pay a premium for. Don't ask me why. I often see Griswold items listed in the bill of sale for auctions. Might be too expensive for ingot moulds.

I use 4 Lyman ingot moulds that I bought back when they could be purchased new for $1.00. I've had them for awhile.
    Chuck

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks Junior, Will order asap.
    1Shirt

Lodge seems plenitiful

http://www.lodgemfg.com/
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Buckshot, don't feel too bad about going to "the evil commie megastore", you got something that will help defend freedom, if only by gesture!

I can honestly admit, that I've only ever bought two things in that place - a pair of three packs of loaf pans for ingot molds(casts about an 8 pound ingot) and a videogame dohickey for the nephew of a woman who's pants I was trying to get into(and still am!) As you can see, there were extenuating circumstances in both situations, so I can be forgiven on both counts.

Have a looksee:

You can clearly see the loaf pans and get an idea of the size.

This should give you an idea of the size of the ingots.

HTRN
    There's nothing scarier than a Machinist with a warped imagination!

Super Moderator

..........HTRN, boy those are pretty good sized ingots! I like to cast ones of a size I can pre-heat on the rim of the lead pot, then tip'em off into it while still being able to cast and not have the pot go solid. Course if you have a big enough pot.............

Hey dude, you prolly should check the air in that right rear tar Looks a mite casual.

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Yah, they're big ingots, but with what I have planned, They're about the right size..

As for the tire, that car hasn't been moved in a while and the valve stem is shot - it won't hold air for more than a day or two.

HTRN

Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw

Quote Originally Posted by HTRN
    a woman who's pants I was trying to get into(and still am!) As you can see, there were extenuating circumstances in both situations, so I can be forgiven on both counts.

HTRN
    Diet & exercise
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw

hahahahahaha! Very funny!

She recently asked me to fix her sister's vacuum cleaner - I called her every day for almost a week to arrange a time to do it, and she still hasn't called me back...

Yes, I am that stupid.

HTRN

Here is what I am putting on my christmas list.

http://www.do-itmolds.com/products/s...r_-_ingot_mold

Yes, it costs quite a bit more than the .59 aluminum muffin tins I pick up at the local thrift stores, but I also like to duck hunt (although I haven't taken much time lately). I figure it will work great for both hobbies.

There was one just on Ebay last week.

I would suggest keeping an eye out for another.

HTRN

Buckshot

How are those things working? Do the ingots stick?
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw

Super Moderator

................Wills, how do they work? What, you think I have time to render down wild wheel weights into domesticated ingots ? They're still lying out behind the garage. As to the question of sticking, they shouldn't. They're exactly like the other round muffin pans I'd bought previously. I don't anticipate any issues.

...................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Buckshot - I have been using the same pan for about 900 lbs. So far so good. I bought 5 of then and I am only using 2 right now (the other 3 are for spares if I do something stupid and damage one).

I am starting to get a little bit of stickness in them, but they still pop out easily. Most of the non stick has burnt off.

They weight 3 lbs if filled just below the top. They stack as well as the Lyman, RCBS, etc. molds.

Drew
    Big Bore = 45+

Boolit Buddy
    The corn stick pans work fine, but there is no "good" way to store the sticks. Square or round ingots will stack in corner and be just fine. I wind up putting the corn sticks back in 5 gallon buckets and again they take up space.

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

Simpsons hardware has several cast iron muffin /corn sticks/and loaf pans.under $10 also kettles 12qt at $14.

Boolit Bub
    Yammerschooner,

If that Do-all mold is the strap weight one, it makes nice 1# ingots that cool quickly. That's how I got started casting boolits.

They're 1" x1/2" by 12" or so and stack nicely into milk crates. I have two and clamp a pair of vise-grips onto them for handles.

For strap-weights, you need stick-on weights or other soft lead. WW are too brittle.

As tar as the ingots, I whack'em with a hatchet and then snap then into thirds to fit into my pot.

good luck, TM

Boolit Master
    I picked up a couple of those and they work OK for me, got to get them hot to burn off the coating is all and let them rust up a bit, not heavy duty, but they work.
    Only dumb question is the one not asked

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOoA

Thanks Buckshot! Now I have to go to Walmart! The Wife just mentioned that She planned to go this evening if i'd like to go. (With Her that translates to "If you don't come, the checking account will be empty by tomorrow") I have some nice ingot molds that I made with some 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" angle and a MIG welder for WW's. I use 6 of the Lyman 1# moulds for Lino, and I need something that stacks well for straight pb. I use different ingot molds for different alloy so I can easily distinguish which is which without marking up each one with a sharpie.
    I was using some small corn bread loaf pans, they are half round and stacked pretty nice, but they belonged to a friend, and when He took an out of state job He took them back (the nerve of some people) I just got a few 50 pound chunks of lead so the timing is perfect. I sure hope my local Walmart has 'em!
    I only hope that someday I can be half the Man that my Dogs already think I am!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast