Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Glock: G42 .380 or G43 9mm to buy?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    9mm is better than 380 every time especially in the same size/platform.
    I came to that conclusion years ago. When the only difference was the pistol, the smaller pistol won out for concealment. Now that the 9mm pistols are the same size as the .380's, I can no longer go with the .380.
    The difference in recoil between a 95 gr .380 and a 115gr 9mm is so small that I wouldn't even consider it to be a factor.
    There are some great .380 pistols available and if I had one I was proficient with I'd certainly keep it but I wouldn't go out a buy a new one.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I spent some quality time with my Kahr CT380 today. I load it with the Lee 356-95-RF or 356-102-1R at ~925 fps. I can shoot it well, the low muzzle jump helps me to stay on target. No way would I want 9mm in a pistol that size or even a bit larger, there just comes a point of diminishing returns. Even worse are the micro .40's and .357's. If you can shoot a small gun that kicks hard then my hat is off to you 'cause I sure can't.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

The 43 is a great shooter. I just don't like the fact you can get extra mags yet. But if I can't wear my 26, I go with my Shield. It was cheaper and has a good track record. Plus I'm kind of POed at Glock for waiting so long to bring the 43 out.
    But if no one was watching, I would carry the 43 with no worries.

Note about the 42 and jamming. I found out that loading it toward the higher end cured it. Nice pistol!

Jerry
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master
    Not a lot of experience, but I have put a couple of hundred rounds thru each gun.
    I also recommend 9mm over 380 unless you need that last bit of size difference.
    Better ballistics, ammo choices, ammo price (last 2 fixed by reloading).
    The first time I shot the 43, I noticed some trigger bite, did not like the serrated trigger.
    Second time I put more rounds thru it and never noticed it.

I tried to make the 43 malfunction, it took me several times, had to hold it with just a couple of fingers down as low as I could and let my wrist really flop around to get it to malfunction.
    So no real issues with limp wristing this thing.
    Not sure of the ammo, maybe winchester white box, nothing special.

Boolit Master
    This was the debate I had as well over the last several months when the 43 came out. I still may get a 43 but the price is still to high for me to justify it. In the mean time I orders the Kahr cw380. It is by all accounts as good as the G42, but smaller.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I have a CT-380 which is the CW-380 with a longer grip and barrel. Great gun but I'm still picking up a Glock 42 in a couple of weeks. Smaller isn't always better!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    I have a CT-380 which is the CW-380 with a longer grip and barrel. Great gun but I'm still picking up a Glock 42 in a couple of weeks. Smaller isn't always better!
    I hear you but smaller, and cheaper won in my book. Took it out today and shot a box of blazers out of it. Flawless, ans shot great with some shots touching at 7 yards. More than I expected with such a sort barrel. Took a magazine or two to get a feel for how it shoots. The 380 dies came, and were not 380 dies so I sent them back. They sent me 357 magnum dies. Oh well, I guess a factory box of ammo in 10 years is not bad. I do like the reset better on the Glock 42, 43. There is a long reset with the Kahr.I will pick up the 43 once the price settles but this will do for the time being. I almost got the ct-380, but decided if I was going mouse gun I wanted to go small, but not NAA pug small.

Banned

43 is big. Your wanting a pocket gun or what? I have 42/380/glock with 1000 rnds thru it. 115gr/122gr w/pbgc's. It shoot great and placement is dead on & what you are supposed to doo. James bonds ammo. I cartridge gage all ammo. I load my 380 on dillon 1050. Gas checks really helped me incredibly, l shoot with both eyes open like festus hagen.

Best city carry holster in the world IMO. Cheap and easy with mic holster (glocktech.com) and two used lanyards laying around the house. A figure-8 holster behind your back/ one arm thru each lanyard. Just tie the lanyards together. Nothing on my belt or big belly, x-mag in pocket if wanted.

I have mics for all, sometimes l carry my g-21 the same way, Kahr-9, glock42,etc..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12