Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Zion National Park

Zion National Park

My family and I just got back from a trip to see the some of the National Parks out West. We seen Pikes, Mesa Verde, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Zion, Kolob, Yellowstone and Grand Teton.

Zion was beautiful and the bus rides made the walks/hiking much more user friendly. We hiked some of the more basic trails as they previously got lots of rain, so a few roads were closed. I have to say.....We loved it! Got up close and personal pictures of some animals and some beautiful land scape. We liked it well enough that we plan to go back. Locals say Bryce is nice too.

Any advise about other stuff to see in the area and we are just curious if it is decent in the fall too. The roads being closed were a bit of a pain, but I know that cannot be helped, that's why we were thinking fall when we make the next trip.
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    "Ya can't get much better than the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone!!!!! You've seen the best!

Go north to Glacier National Park and the on into Canada. Beautiful area!

You missed one of the major wonders of Mother Nature.......Bryce canyon....... just up the road from Zion......FAAAAAAR more beautiful than Zion!!!!!!!!

banger

Boolit Master
    Southern Utah has some beautiful parks to visit. Arches, bryce, coral reef, gobblin valley, moab and a few others. Well worth another trip.

I truly regret not seeing Bryce. Didn't know much about it at the time and was somewhat worried about the road conditions. Two roads were damaged at Zion from excessive rainfall. Yellowstone had a similar fate with South entrance bridge out to Old Faithful and more road damage farther up North.

Thought about flying into Las Vegas next time, its only a couple hours drive to Zion from my understanding. Would give us a huge jump start, leaving more time for hiking and/or exploring the area.

If anyone bikes, Zion looks great for that too. I couldn't believe the number of bikes on the highway in Wyoming. Anyone hike or Bike that area?

Boolit Master
    In September 1977, took my bride on a three week honeymoon at Yellowstone. She made me promise to take her back for our ten year anniversary and I did. We would go "out West" every other year , always leaving Labor Day weekend. That is the best time to go, IMO. Weather is still nice and mild, during the day, and the "crowds" have left for the season. No traffic and no waiting.

We always drove and visited National Parks and Monuments along the way. Been at most of them. Yellowstone is still our favorite. BTW, we are still married and our 38th. anniversary is coming up the end of August.

I got hooked on National Parks while I was in college at Michigan State University. I took a class called "The Geography of National Parks". The class was taught by former National Park ranger, who was stationed at most of them. Pretty much was his personal slide show presentation. Beautiful and unique country.

Winelover

Attachment 142629

Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    We always drove and visited National Parks and Monuments along the way. Been at most of them. Yellowstone is still our favorite. BTW, we are still married and our 38th. anniversary is coming up the end of August.

Winelover
    We recently celebrated out 25th

Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post

I got hooked on National Parks while I was in college at Michigan State University. I took a class called "The Geography of National Parks". The class was taught by former National Park ranger, who was stationed at most of them. Pretty much was his personal slide show presentation. Beautiful and unique country.

Winelover
    Love those classes where the instructor actually has experience in what they are teaching. I had a machining class with an instructor who retired as a machinist from a major aeronautical company.
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!

Boolit Bub
    Not sure how much 'high adventure' you are seeking...but in the Grand Canyon area is Havasupai Falls... It's a 11 mile hike into a spur of the Grand Canyon...2000' decent (going in). Most beautiful falls in the U.S. I hiked it in 2014 with my buddies I grew up with....we are going to do it again this coming spring. Word of advice, plan on staying more than a day. We hiked in one day and out the next...22-25 miles in 2 days is painful for 50 yrolds...(hahaha). It's on a Native American reservation...must make reservations online for your trip.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	157321