Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: second email to NOE with no response =(

second email to NOE with no response =(

yesterday i sent off my 2nd email regarding a ranchdog mold to noe. i even made an account and got a direct email address instead of a contact page.

im a little saddened because it seems like theres noone else who does a 5/6 cavity ranchdog mold. they get a lot of praise on here for quality molds so im anxious about purchasing one but i wanted to ask about their options on the bottom of the item page. im honestly considering this mold like a 1 time per lifetime purchase since i think itl fit all my needs i can see in the future so im holding out. i may just order one and hope i get a response sometime later on...

Remain patient and Al will get back to you! NOE turns out a #1 quality product that is always worth the wait. I am willing to bet that 1 isn't going to be enough.

Boolit Grand Master

What questions do you have? The options are pretty straight forward and one of us can most likely answer it.

maybe someone on here can help me... http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...roducts_id=516

so at the bottom of the page i see the options for

Available Options:
    Drill for Probe:
    01 (+$2.50)
    Lyman / RCBS style Top Punch:
    01 (+$5.00)
    Mold Wrench and Sprueplate Lube:
    01 (+$2.50)
    Saeco style Top Punch:
    01 (+$7.50)

Add to Cart

do i need any of the options stated above ? i dont understand the 2 different punch options, and the probe thing i have never heard of.

thank you for helping a nube =)

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    What questions do you have? The options are pretty straight forward and one of us can most likely answer it.

Thank you !

chances the only resizing system ill be buying in the future will be a lee system. which stems my confusion on the top punches

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKEMASTER View Post
    maybe someone on here can help me... http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...roducts_id=516

so at the bottom of the page i see the options for

Available Options:
    Drill for Probe:
    01 (+$2.50)
    Lyman / RCBS style Top Punch:
    01 (+$5.00)
    Mold Wrench and Sprueplate Lube:
    01 (+$2.50)
    Saeco style Top Punch:
    01 (+$7.50)

Add to Cart

do i need any of the options stated above ? i dont understand the 2 different punch options, and the probe thing i have never heard of.

thank you for helping a nube =)
    If these options don't speak to you anything you don't need them
    But get a lube.
    Last edited by just_shooter; 06-03-2015 at 12:02 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Top punches are for Lyman/RCBS and Saeco designs. If you don't have one you don't need them. The tap is for a mold thermometer so you know the temp. Al sells one if you wish to buy one. Not needed unless you want it. None of mine are tapped.

beautiful...

Boolit Master
    LAKEMASTER:

I am sure Al will be getting back to you very soon. His customer service is outstanding !

If you are using a LEE sizer and pan lubing you do not need a top punch.
    You only want to drill the mold if you have a temperature prob available.
    If you have a set of hex wrenches you do not need the "mold wrench".

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

It seems like Al's email is regularly crashing. But every time I call he picks up.

Boolit Master

NOE really makes a quality product! My experience has been that he is not the best at responding to email, but he has always answered his phone. All the answers above are spot on so order with complete confidence cause the other truly amazing aspect of Al's molds is how fast he gets them to you.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

In Remembrance

I get the impression that you either have never used a boolet mold before to understand the options or you are "baiting" a response controversy.Robert

Boolit Master
    I, for one, am glad that NOE is in the shop making molds rather than sitting around waiting to answer emails. I run a small service business and on occasion get a phone call from someone who says, "...I sent you and email this morning and have not heard back from you... " Really? I get on the computer once a day and only get to spend a little time on forums, usually every other day. The rest of the time, I am at work.

This forum is a great place to learn about the ins and outs of molds. As has been said, the top punches are for certain sizing presses and the probe/drilled hole is just that. A hole for a thermometer (I think). I have been casting for nearly 5 decades and for me, a flat topped punch in each caliber works fine for all shapes. As for the thermometer, I have never used one but I am merely a basic caster. I use binary alloys and simple furnaces. If you are all techno savvy, maybe it is something you need.

Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I was part of a "group buy" from NOE a while back - had never dealt with them before. I had a couple of questions and e-mailed them - it took a couple of days to hear back from Al but he was very helpful. Be patient. As someone who was "self-employed" for many years and who ran a "shop", it takes a lot of work and time to run things . . answering inquiries, quotes and doing production . . regardless if you are a "one man shop" or if you have help.

I can't say enough good about NOE and their service . . . and the mold I received was one of the nicest I've ever seen . . . and I've been casting for 50+ years. The mold I purchased was my "first" from them . . it won't be my last. They are top notch people with top notch products in my book . . .

Boolit Master
    Just call him.
    I think he must have a cot in a corner of his machine shop.
    I have called and left messages on his shop phone and he always returns my calls.
    One time he called me back at eight thirty ( Texas time ) and one time he called me back on a Sunday morning.
    The guy is devoted to his work.

He hasn't answered (directly) an email I sent a couple of weeks ago. I had purchased two molds, paying with check rather than thru online payment. I'd received email confirmation of order and then a couple of days later email stating mold had shipped. I had just mailed the check that morning, and I KNEW that they could not have received check. USPS isn't that good yet! Fired off email inquiry if they had shipped before payment. Never received response. But two days later another email with tracking #.... Answer in hand. Two perfect molds a couple of days later. Buy the mold! You will NOT be disappointed. This is #3 for me and they all work well. BTW, you do have to read a bit to understand the options on some of them.

Thank you for the responses.!

i think ill buy a mold today =)=)

and to Robert, ive only used lee products, infact only 1 lee 6 cavity. (and i only casted ~600 rounds ) so i was dumb founded when i saw a mold with options.

negative remarks dont really contribute to anything.

Banned

My experience is that I do not expect an answer to my emails to NOE, but I like their molds and as noted, you can always call Mr. Nelson. You pay and the mold ships forthwith. Their shipping department is a well oiled machine.
    Last edited by jmort; 06-03-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Made in U.S.A.
    LAKEMASTER

Sorry - a little behind - my inbox has over 2400 unread e-mails in it today
    Working on getting them whittled down

It looks like you got your questions answered OK
    Have any more give me a call 801 377-7289

Again - sorry
    Bullet maker, maker
    Swede Nelson
    The expectation of evil is more bitter than the suffering -OR-
    More people die from worrying about getting ate by a bear then get ate by a bear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast