Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Raging Swaging???

Boolit Mold
    I have the same problem with Tim. I have sent the full payment for two presses and Tim feed me with promices almost half a year. I can understand everything, but not this. I asked him to send my money back, but he dont want and give a new promice...
    Man of his word - oh no, it's not about Tim

Boolit Mold
    Kyk,
    When you ordered the two presses I told you in a email you were to pay actual shipping charges with U.P.S. . Later on you said wife had bad experiences with ups and you didn't want me to use U.P.S.. Then you said to use U.S.P.S. , I told you I would need to redesign some things to fit the flat rate boxes offered. I ate the cost of this along with the materials and making them. Then you wanted your money back, I told you non refundable due to all this. Then you tell me to use Fed Ex economy to ship t your country. I have replied back to your emails I think in a timely and professional mater all the time. This whole encounter has totally screwed up my work schedule and has caused others to wait on products. Make up your mind on the shipping already so I can get things finished for other customers that are waiting patiently. One question for you is how do I fit things in a 12 inch long box that are longer than 12 inches?
    This has happened with other customers also changing their mind on things causing me loss of time and money also.
    Last edited by Raging Swaging Tools; 09-09-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Swaging Tools View Post
    Kyk,
    When you ordered the two presses I told you in a email you were to pay actual shipping charges with U.P.S. . Later on you said wife had bad experiences with ups and you didn't want me to use U.P.S.. Then you said to use U.S.P.S. , I told you I would need to redesign some things to fit the flat rate boxes offered. I ate the cost of this along with the materials and making them. Then you wanted your money back, I told you non refundable due to all this. Then you tell me to use Fed Ex economy to ship t your country. I have replied back to your emails I think in a timely and professional mater all the time. This whole encounter has totally screwed up my work schedule and has caused others to wait on products. Make up your mind on the shipping already so I can get things finished for other customers that are waiting patiently. One question for you is how do I fit things in a 12 inch long box that are longer than 12 inches?
    This has happened with other customers also changing their mind on things causing me loss of time and money also.
    Tim,
    UPS will ship back to you sended boxes, but before they will have a trip around the wold.(Yes, they are idiots. I have a same problem with them twice)
    If you cant ship USPS - no problem ship it with FedEx, It will be expencive for me in additional 700$ but I'm ready to pay an additional spents for this ucking presses.
    80 days passed from your reply about what everything is ready and waiting for welding.....

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by marten View Post
    The 'swaging' part of the site has, unfortunately, gone downhill.
    All the keyboard lawyers, the bt'n'puke man love fest etc. has pushed those of us who enjoyed sharing info to back off.
    Such a shame, but you get what you deserve.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastter View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Yup I go elsewhere for advise on swaging. Seems like most of the the guys that used to help a lot have done the same. I think it really goes south when this place turns into a classified add and not so many discussions. Wished all the selling would just go to the classifieds.
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Banned

as a MOD:
    I left this up so raging swaging could defend his self and present his case here.
    if he wishes to do so then he can.
    I'm having a hard time watching this thread because of my work schedule so if just turns into a heap fest it will be locked.

as a poster, and a swager all I want is communication.
    I/we all realize that swaging tools take time to make properly and that means waiting.
    hearing how much longer [about] is not too much to ask.
    if someone communicates they will be successful.

Boolit Mold
    I don't know how it can be called in USA. But here in Russia if somebody takes money for work and don't do it, and dont want to return the payment - it's a fraud. I can understand a lot of things, the life can bring us a lot of troubles, but when the called time limits exceed at two times or bigger - it's mean what there is a problem.
    I still have no response from Tim for my last mail. I still have no date of readiness of my paid equipment.
    The last mail what I received from Tim was at September after posting at this topic, still have no response from him.
    Just want to to inform all new customers of Raging Swaging what they could be in my situation: After 7 months of waiting I'm stay without equipment, money and with out any promises to refund or get the presses.
    Last edited by kyk; 11-03-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Boolit Man
    OK. its been 4 months since I have posted in this thread. When I last posted in this thread Tim called me right away and said he was working hard to get the press done. Since then I have contacted him on several occasions to see where things stood. More of the same excuses every time. I see in this thread that since I have posted another gentleman stated that he ordered 2 presses (long after I ordered my press and dies) and Tims response (if it holds any weight) was the reason he did not have his presses was because of some shipping miscommunication.

The one time that Tim emailed me for an update without me asking was minutes after he responded to that persons complaint on this thread. Surely it was to prevent me from jumping back into the conversation. I have also noticed that the only person on this forum who actually received a press from Tim did so after he was very persistent in Tims old thread where he was promoting his press. So as a result I am bringing this thread back from the dead. At present Tim owes me a swage press, one die, and a core mold that I sent him the mold block for. I have paid him for these products in full plus shipping more than 2 years ago. I will accept either a refund or the product. Until then I will have to bring this thread up so that others know what will happen should they order from him.

And Tim. Don't call me and tell me your almost done with the press after you read this. You have done that before and it simply doesn't mean anything. Just send the press or a refund.

Boolit Master
    Man I am surprised any of you have waited this long. I would have gotten the authorities involved a long time ago.
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Christensen View Post
    Man I am surprised any of you have waited this long. I would have gotten the authorities involved a long time ago.
    I should have. When I threatened to do it in his other thread he promptly produced one of the dies that I ordered. As a result I figured maybe he would make the other die and press but no luck. I'm looking into what I have to do to get it sorted out now. I know it has been done before with HG Firearms I think it was . I'm working on it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RLW View Post
    I should have. When I threatened to do it in his other thread he promptly produced one of the dies that I ordered. As a result I figured maybe he would make the other die and press but no luck. I'm looking into what I have to do to get it sorted out now. I know it has been done before with HG Firearms I think it was . I'm working on it.
    Good luck to you, I hope you get a resolution soon.

Boolit Buddy

Anyone heard anything recently from Tim? I talked with him the last week of December but several phone calls and emails have since gone unanswered.

Boolit Man
    I heard from him in late november, and have since then send him two e-mails, but have not heard Word from him. I bought his combo die set in Martz and have had a lot of promises from his side since then. Now i starting to get Pxxxxx. If this one doesnt go through I have had my leg pulled twice, the first one was $850 with Hg firearms , and now this

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by mactool View Post
    I heard from him in late november, and have since then send him two e-mails, but have not heard Word from him. I bought his combo die set in Martz and have had a lot of promises from his side since then. Now i starting to get Pxxxxx. If this one doesnt go through I have had my leg pulled twice, the first one was $850 with Hg firearms , and now this
    Did you get involved with the group that went after HG Firearms for fraud? I know there was a few people involved. That might be what happens here as well.

Boolit Mold
    Hi guys,
    Last mail from Tim was received on 13.12.2015. No need to place it here but the description: As always "almost done".
    Does anybody know the Tim address?
    I would like to write a statement to the police about the fraud. Maybe somebody will help me to make a statement and send it to the direct department? We can write a collective statement. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it in USA, but I ready to do that.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by kyk View Post
    Hi guys,
    Last mail from Tim was received on 13.12.2015. No need to place it here but the description: As always "almost done".
    Does anybody know the Tim address?
    I would like to write a statement to the police about the fraud. Maybe somebody will help me to make a statement and send it to the direct department? We can write a collective statement. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it in USA, but I ready to do that.
    I can't help you write a collective statement...but here is some public info from a search of the Internet.

from his website:
    http://www.ragingswaging.com/info.html

Raging Swaging (Tim Rahko)
    P.O.BOX 788
    IRONWOOD, MI 49938
    info@ragingswaging.com
    The street address indicated from radaris dot com
    http://radaris.com/p/Timothy/Rahko/
    114 W Southland Ave
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I can't help you write a collective statement...but here is some public info from a search of the Internet.

from his website:
    http://www.ragingswaging.com/info.html

The street address indicated from radaris dot com
    http://radaris.com/p/Timothy/Rahko/
    Jonb,
    My wife feels threatened the way this is posted. You could have pm'd or emailed that info. You asked if I was embarrassed by my work ethics once, no I am not ,and I will post the pictures of the completed parts for these presses. Of course I will probably get banned for just coming on here. Runfiverun said he would like to just see communication between us and every time I try to communicate or ask a question I receive a infraction. As my wife asked me to ask you the moderator and the owner of this site how would you like your name and address posted on here. You people will receive your things shortly.
    I think now you can see I am not committing fraud. I have also tried to make the couple of you understand the wait with the welding shop on the toggles. I am not going to go into the details ,but I gave the details to you privately the way I felt it should be done. Also the person that will be welding these things appreciated me also doing it privately, as it is not anybody else's business. What I mean by this is someone else's privacy and what is going on in their life at this time.
    Last edited by Raging Swaging Tools; 05-10-2016 at 07:26 PM.

In Remembrance

I don't have a horse in this race.... BUT.....

1) What does your wife REALLY have to do with anything? Isn't this YOUR business? Aren't you responsible for taking orders and delivering quality parts in a timely fashion?
    2) You've offered absolutely NO legitimate excuses for the endless delays. I'd like to hear what issues have caused you to not be able to deliver these machining orders in something even close to being timely.
    3) We have had, as you know, some "vendors" show up at Castboolits, promising the world, taking orders, and people's money, and skipping town with the proceeds. So, while I am not suggesting that's what you are about (although a few seem to be), you can certainly understand the concern many of us have with a vendor, such as yourself, repeating what seems to be similar dubious actions with customers here. So, please understand the perception that you have created for yourself. If things went smoothly, on time, etc... then this thread would not exist, and you wouldn't have a line of customers banging their fists and complaining.
    4) You can decide to do whatever you want with these current orders, and any future business. It's your business. However, most good businessmen would be very concerned with their reputation in a marketplace. And, would be doing everything they could to fix supposed mis-conceptions and mis understandings.
    5) Most suppliers here at CastBoolits want their customers to be happy with services, products etc. And, as such offer something like a money back guarantee if their customer(s) isn't happy. OBVIOUSLY, you have spent the $$$ that people have sent you. And, you seem to be NOT in a financial position to refund $$$ for non-delivered product. I'm presuming that you'd also not be willing to refund money for returned product which wasn't satisfactory to the customer.

Again, I'm not one of the customers that have been begging for delivery of product or refunding of $$$. However, I certainly would never do business with a vendor who operates the way that you do. Whether it's simple stubbornness on your part.. or real issues with your ability to deliver... or whatever is your real reason, you are not helping your own cause here. I guess I'd just like to hear some explanations, now that you are here posting. How on God's green earth did things get to be this way?

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by RLW View Post
    Did you get involved with the group that went after HG Firearms for fraud? I know there was a few people involved. That might be what happens here as well.
    RLW,
    Can you send me some of the samples that are finished on your end, so I can satisfy this order by finishing your second die. This was the agreement between the two of us.

Moderator Emeritus

Moved to staff for discussion. This guy should be a vendor to sell his stuff here plus it seems like he has some major delivery issues....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast