Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Raging Swaging???

Boolit Master

Wow. Just. Wow.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Tim Rahko of u.p.north swaging the same as Tim of Raging Swaging? Locked sticky up above tells the sordid details of his business ventures on this forum.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Boolit Buddy
    I would add a few observations by a disinterested third party.

I am saddened that upnorth is no longer a viable vendor here (I was planning to order some things from him), and I am sure the administration here is doing a good job administering this site. I wish Upnorth, Tim, and/or Ragin' Swagin' the very best in all their/his legitimate endeavors.

RLW - You are a paragon of virtue and patience. I would have long ago pursued criminal prosecution of the vendor and let the local DA represent my interests at state expense. This was done with another person from Michigan by members of this site with good results leading to conviction and restitution at court order (results being posted publicly here helped me make informed decisions when dealing with a person on ebay who may have been the same disreputable person or his family member up to similar tricks). I am really grateful for this forum, the administration, and the members for posting news and experiences publicly here, not PM's, so we can make informed decisions about people with whom we do business in this hobby. I hope Ragin' Swagin' turns out to be a reputable purveyor of serviceable products, as competition is good for the consumer ( namely me ).

I have no idea if ljm = Tim/upnorth/or ragin'swagin' (and really don't care). Based simply on the few posts in this thread, I would DEFINITELY say ljm = well intended supporter of Tim, but with a bewildering variety of grammatical imperfections, astounding logical fallacies, and profound tactical absurdities in disservice of his own stated position. In short, if I were Tim, I would thank ljm for his good intentions and insist that he never utter another single word on my behalf in any public forum. I don't even know the man and I'm embarrassed for him over how he embarrasses himself with nearly every post and seems totally unaware. If Tim offers reputable service and good products he will need no defense. If he doesn't, no defense will save his business.

Just my dos pesos
    Last edited by rolltide; 08-19-2015 at 07:39 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Sorry I didn't write everything to par.I don't have my suit and tie on.I am on my own time and wrote what I was thinking. As you mentioned the other individual from Michigan was convicted of and is paying restitution to the customer's of his. Myself,and my piers feel Tim was treated unjust and there are zero convictions on his record. Yes RLW is patient and seems like a good person like the other 99.5 percent on here. Let's put it this way, when I seen what Tim wrote to Jon in Glencoe (moderator of swaging sub forum) the response was totally lame. I can see why Tim no longer follows this forum or participates at all. I have and had no intention to bring up some legality things ,but my hand is about to be forced. It is a issue of embarrassing somebody and that is a part of the quote from Jon in Glencoe. Also Tim asked the owner if it was alright to put the offer up on the table for the 22 cal package when he still had past dealings to finish, he was told yes that is a good deal. I also asked for customers to pm with questions as that would solve things faster, as usually things can be worked out between the two easier. Instead you have others adding fuel to the fire that have no dealings in it what so ever. Also I think that oneokie could have done something a little different. Tim spelled it out perfectly in a pm to them that it is their site, and they can do what ever they want to. Well it is somewhat true it also needs to be in the limits of the law.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ljm View Post
    Sorry I didn't write everything to par.I don't have my suit and tie on.I am on my own time and wrote what I was thinking. As you mentioned the other individual from Michigan was convicted of and is paying restitution to the customer's of his. Myself,and my piers feel Tim was treated unjust and there are zero convictions on his record. Yes RLW is patient and seems like a good person like the other 99.5 percent on here. Let's put it this way, when I seen what Tim wrote to Jon in Glencoe (moderator of swaging sub forum) the response was totally lame. I can see why Tim no longer follows this forum or participates at all. I have and had no intention to bring up some legality things ,but my hand is about to be forced. It is a issue of embarrassing somebody and that is a part of the quote from Jon in Glencoe. Also Tim asked the owner if it was alright to put the offer up on the table for the 22 cal package when he still had past dealings to finish, he was told yes that is a good deal. I also asked for customers to pm with questions as that would solve things faster, as usually things can be worked out between the two easier. Instead you have others adding fuel to the fire that have no dealings in it what so ever. Also I think that oneokie could have done something a little different. Tim spelled it out perfectly in a pm to them that it is their site, and they can do what ever they want to. Well it is somewhat true it also needs to be in the limits of the law.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    I find it strange that one of the posters on this thread uses a Proxy server to access the forum, thus hiding their location.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by oneokie View Post
    I find it strange that one of the posters on this thread uses a Proxy server to access the forum, thus hiding their location.
    Can we place bets on who it is?

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

No need too.............
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Master
    Not me!
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

The 'swaging' part of the site has, unfortunately, gone downhill.
    All the keyboard lawyers, the bt'n'puke man love fest etc. has pushed those of us who enjoyed sharing info to back off.
    Such a shame, but you get what you deserve.
    “Son, self praise is no recommendation.”
    self-ag·gran·dize·ment n. The act or practice of enhancing or exaggerating one's own importance, power, or reputation.

Frosted Boolits

If you don't like it then don't come in here.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Man
    I have only been a member here for a few years, but I have not seen anything that would discourage people from sharing information. There really aren't that many people that swage bullets and just about none of them are "keyboard Lawyers". The Homophobia issue I can't help you with.

Quote Originally Posted by marten View Post
    All the keyboard lawyers, the bt'n'puke man love fest etc. has pushed those of us who enjoyed sharing info to back off.

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisCoyoteHunter View Post
    It's comments like this that don't help the cause................

Totally uncalled for!

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Frosted Boolits

There is no "cause". It is simple. If you want to come in here and say how bad it is, then don't come in here. We don't need any negativity in here (or anywhere else on this forum for that matter). If you want to shoot down our vendor sponsors, do it somewhere else. There are PLENTY of other threads with LOTS of EXCELLENT information in this forum that one can peruse without coming in here..

I think this swaging section is great. Period.
    Last edited by IllinoisCoyoteHunter; 08-20-2015 at 03:10 PM.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Grand Master

You should be able to talk negatively about any vendor regardless of their status here. This is of course if the criticism is warranted. If it's just to bash then there is no reason. But on the flip side it does seem that some members noses are buried quite deep......well I can't continue that thought w/out some infractions :laugh:

...and this Thread isn't locked yet????

I enjoy the obvious level of passion held by the average swager, but when I asked, "Any experiences to date with this company?" I should have asked for a basic one liner like the Feedback system on eBay with a tick'n'flick star rating. My mistake.

It's pretty simple, did you get what you paid for?

DIFOT (Delivery In-Full, On-Time) performance measurements look better and better every day...

I'll draw my own conclusions from the responses so far, thanks. For those that want to get into every specific detail of their own experiences followed by every interaction post-dating the start of this Thread, please consider starting your own Thread...and see how far you get.
    Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projecitles

Boolit Master

I got a pinch trim die from UPNorth, machined as advertised, a couple months after promised.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master

It is interesting how the emotions bounded left and right of center. All the boys making dies are no less than 6months wait. When I received my first core mold, which is truly a work of machining art. One of the first questions was how long did I wait? I've read about the " Big C brothers" taking years to fill in stock orders. Remember he is making custom stuff like reamers, custom adjustable core molds as well as modified Lee blanks. Swaging presses as well as brass lapping rods. I think he is going to hit 2016 with a very interesting product line.
    Bill

Boolit Master
    Aaron my friend, I am actually glad this thread is not locked yet!

Quote Originally Posted by marten View Post
    Yes it has gone down hill.

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisCoyoteHunter View Post
    Right there is no reason to post a negative opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RLW View Post
    I have only been a member here for a few years, but I have not seen anything that would discourage people from sharing information. There really aren't that many people that swage bullets and just about none of them are "keyboard Lawyers". The Homophobia issue I can't help you with.
    Uh huh! If you saw some of the pm's that some of us get from Vendors of this site you just may change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Red River Rick View Post
    It's comments like this that don't help the cause................

Totally uncalled for!

RRR
    Completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    You should be able to talk negatively about any vendor regardless of their status here. This is of course if the criticism is warranted. If it's just to bash then there is no reason. But on the flip side it does seem that some members noses are buried quite deep......well I can't continue that thought w/out some infractions :laugh:
    I wont give you any infractions. Not sure if that matters though.

Quote Originally Posted by just bill View Post
    It is interesting how the emotions bounded left and right of center. All the boys making dies are no less than 6months wait. When I received my first core mold, which is truly a work of machining art. One of the first questions was how long did I wait? I've read about the " Big C brothers" taking years to fill in stock orders. Remember he is making custom stuff like reamers, custom adjustable core molds as well as modified Lee blanks. Swaging presses as well as brass lapping rods. I think he is going to hit 2016 with a very interesting product line.
    Bill
    I agree and his business is his to operate but I think the phrase of biting off more than he could chew fits here. Again he can do what he wants.
    Last edited by Utah Shooter; 08-20-2015 at 11:51 PM.
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by just bill View Post
    Bill
    I don't think anyone is arguing about the fact that it takes time to get dies. The issue is that something taking literally 10 times as long as it was quoted becomes a problem. I specifically ordered the Press from him based on his quoted turn around time. I ordered a die from another die maker and he told me up front that it would be at least 6 months out. I'm at 6 months now and not sweating it one bit as its expected.

Unfortunately, I am sitting down with a tool and die guy this afternoon to start on a project and I really need that press for it. I have a walnut hill press but I really need the little extra travel offered on that press. Could I make the press? Sure. Should I have to after I forked over a handful of cash 21 months ago for one. No.

I really do like seeing people succeed and I hope Tim's business works out. But until I have received my press and the other members of this forum who have been waiting longer than I have as well I think it would be irresponsible to see this thread and just let it go buy without my input. I didn't come in to this thread to hate on Tim. In fact if I would have received my press and it was good quality at any point before now I would never have even mentioned it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast