Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Fired a weird one today

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.

Fired a weird one today

Not sure what it was but it was based on an AR Black gun style ....looked like a super fat 35 Rem or maybe a .357 sig on heavy steroids! all I know my neck is a hurtin.

A friend showed up at the range with his latest aquisition. Ah it was a black rifle so I had no interest. He fired about 7 rounds and came over with his last 3 & said give it a try. No body else was a taker so I said what the heck I'll try
    I did group the 3 shots into 2 " at 50 yds off hand But I'm hurting now Mostly my neck! It was a punisher for an old guy
    The sucker was big Anybody take a chance at what it was?
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master
    There was a cartridge designed around the Win 284 case cut down and used 45 acp bullets. Gent had one at the range one day and offered anyone who cared to shoot it a few rounds. Was built on a ar15 chassis and although recoil was noticeable it appeared to work really well. There have been a bunch of cartridges developed for the ar platform. Frank

Boolit Buddy
    .300 Blackout maybe?
    I can not know what I don't know.

Boolit Master
    No I'm familiar with that...This was wide at least .45 cal if not larger
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

In Remembrance
    Sounds like the 375 Reaper Cartridge designed by Wiskey3....
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	140974 458 SOCOM runs on ar15 platform. It's like shooting slugs from a 12 gauge

Boolit Grand Master

458 Socom or 50 Beowulf would be my guess. Both are thumpers of the highest order. I really want a Socom but I already have a few uppers and don't want to modify them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    458 Socom or 50 Beowulf would be my guess. Both are thumpers of the highest order. I really want a Socom but I already have a few uppers and don't want to modify them.

Yes: yes I now remember Him saying it was a 458 Socom! Nasty thing but very accurate even in my trembling hands. Thanks for the brain recall. Said it was for feral hogs! Not much here in NEPA! But if one shows up we got his number!

Boolit Master
    45-70 ballistics, 300 to 600 gr. 45-70 projectiles, semi-auto, magazine fed, easy re-loader mild to wild thump, flame arrester or can, upper change only. What is there not to like about those things?

je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    I just got a new "UPPER" a couple years back. My state of Illinois insurance (retired) won't pay for another for 3 - 5 years for the next one. Oh darn it , you were talking about a rifle upper. I was talking about my upper.. I got to tell you boys to try out a 10 Gauge slug. I still can remember that one. Browning pump gun.... I told my best bud that day if he didn't take his turn I was goannaw try my best to beat the He** out of him..

Banned
    I've had the chance to fire one of those before. Its an awesome round. I don't remember it kicking that hard though. I shot a 458 win mag before it, so that may have had something to do with it.

Boolit Master

Done that!

Put a M16 bolt carrier in my RRA .458 SOCOM upper and put it on my buddies legal FA lower. Lots of fun, crazy to shoot it.

My guess would be the 458

Boolit Master
    Bushmaster also did the 450 Bushmaster. .284 shortened and sized to take a .452" bullet.

Vendor Sponsor

I have avoided the black rifle from the get go because it didn't start with a 4. This changes everything
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.