Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: How many 1911 rock island guys

Boolit Buddy

How many 1911 rock island guys

I like to her from guys who own the Rock Island Tac II in 9 MM 3.5 or 4.00 barrel length
    The Good
    The Bad
    The ugly

In Remembrance

I don't own one but helped a friend with feed problems on his. Better mag, feed ramp polish, bevel on bottom of extractor improved feeding, but swc loads still problematic. 230 gr. ball works well now.

Boolit Master

I have the full size double stack and GBrown has the commander size double stack. Both work well and are accurate, based on a couple of range trips just to plink.
    Dysfunctional Disturbed Disabled Debonair Navy Veteran
    Swift Boats, Vietnam, 1967-1968.

"You are never too old to learn something stupid."

I have 5 RIA two are in 45. Both are 5 in tactical. An i build in one in 38 super and love them. I also build one in 400 Cor bon that gun is a hand full. Good people to deal with.

I have a few, They have let the last 2 I've handled "slip" through QC, one had a short finger on the mainspring that was a easy fix and the 2nd is my officer I purchased new and it looked as if somebody at the factory took too much material out the frame while fitting the grip safety. Grip safety in picture is aftermarket I installed. Wouldn't be anything to fix but more of a hassle to refinish. I've always said RIA's are the best value in 1911's out there, I still hold to that esp if you are a person that likes to work on your own stuff and swap parts. I have a .400 corbon barrel on the way for one of my full size frames as I've had the dies for YEARS and made brass but I kept forgetting to order a barrel. Finally had to have a friend do it.
    My firearms project blog

I have the full size Tactical in 9mm, functions and shoots very well! I used it as my test mule for my 9mm load of the RCBS 9mm-124-CN, cast with COWW at 130gr, sized at .358" and lubed with SPG. With a powder charge of 5.0gr of Power Pistol with a CCI standard small pistol primer seated to 1.050". It is a accurate shooter out of the RIA with excellent reliability. Sorry I have no four inch RIA info but the same load is a good one out of my M-39 and M&P with that barrel length.

Boolit Man
    I have a full size tactical in .45 that I have had for about 2 years now and it is the only 1911 I have ever owned that I haven't had to work on to make it function properly.

Boolit Master
    I can't speak to the autos , one guy at league has one he really likes it but I can speak to their customer service , they will make it right if it is wrong , I bought a M200 last year for a fun range pinker so I could get some practice without chasing brass this is a 230.00 dollar 38spl revolver 252.00 out the door , I ran a few hundred rounds then a timing issue came up , it wouldn't always lock when doing a slow steady double action pull , I called explained the issue they sent me a shipping label and I had a new gun in my case returned 1 month to the day from the time I sent it to them.