RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Years of Gas Can Hell

Boolit Buddy

5 Years of Gas Can Hell

http://tucker.liberty.me/why-your-ne...lous-and-evil/

Have a read. Its funny but it isn't. Kudos to the gooberment for taking a good product and turning it into a crappy one.

Oh so true. Good read.

Boolit Man
    Good ole Uncle Sam.....I'm sooooo glad he's looking out for us!

Boolit Master
    I found that out recently when my wife picked up a new gas can. I played around a bit with the nozzle trying to figure out how it worked, and ended up returning it. Found a different gas can that all you had to do was to turn the end of the nozzle, then you insert it into the gas tank opening and push. The nozzle will retract into itself, about 3/4" and allow the gas to flow. At least, that's the way it's supposed to work, haven't put gas in it yet. Not sure how it would work with a small gas tank, like in a tiller, or power washer.

Boolit Master

I've got eight of these, best thing ever made, screw that plastic stuff. Four of the ones I have were surplus, made in 57 and I've had them at least 30 years, the other four I got a couple of years ago when we moved 60 miles away from the closest cheap gas station. I love them, you can empty them faster than you can fill them if you're pouring them into something that can take a large nozzle like my backhoe.

http://deutscheoptik.com/WAVIAN-Grea...T-OF-FOUR.html

Boolit Mold
    I had problems with the first eco can I bought. It splashed gas all over me and ticked me of to no end. I ended up taking it to the burn barrel when it was empty, took the cap off and chucked the entire thing in there. I enjoyed watching it melt. I now have a few sets of these and love them. Come with the spout and it fits regular vehicles as well. They are worth the small cost over the eco-garbage.

http://smile.amazon.com/VP-Gallon-Ra...racing+gas+can

Boolit Master
    I have to old cans but they were getting used up. the spouts were breaking the gaskets were gone. but the is a guy on ebay that sells all the parts need to get the cans working again. just ordered enough parts to get my 3 5gal. going again.

Boolit Master

Boolit Buddy

I have a bunch of these parts and adaptors etc...
    The push in vents are the bomb for new containers.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdicki View Post

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by xman777 View Post
    I have a bunch of these parts and adaptors etc...
    The push in vents are the bomb for new containers.
    My local TSC equipment store carries these after market nozzles that seem to fit about any can in their fuel can section. Sorta funny how they sell out these things in about 2 days after the supply truck comes in?Robert

Boolit Master
    Drill hole, install grommet and golf tee
    Or
    eBay sells the little yellow vents
    I find myself taking better care of the dozen or so old ones I do have.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

I use 5 gallon oil buckets. I put 4.5 gallons in them and pour with the spout on the high side. They are free and car superior to any of the new units. I have a half dozen full all the time and rotate thru them.
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

bhn22
    I guess I should clean up my half-dozen old Blitz cans and treat them with more respect.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by labradigger1 View Post
    Drill hole, install grommet and golf tee
    Or
    eBay sells the little yellow vents
    I find myself taking better care of the dozen or so old ones I do have.
    Better yet, drill 1/2 inch hole and install a tire valve stem. Use the cap to cap it and if you lose it they're easy to replace. If it's your long term storage cans leave the valve in and they won't leak a bit. If it gets buggered up some how cut it off and put a new one in.

Buy 1 EZ pour spout and use it for all your cans. Just use the nut from your original can with the "safety" catches cut off. Makes new cans work like old cans.
    You can read all the stuff online, in the magazines and in books and buy into the hypothesis but if you don't actually load up and test them then you know nothing until you do.

Boolit Master

The worst federal fiat yet, well maybe not the worst but right up there with bozocare and this new trade deal. Taking a great product and making it unusable

Boolit Master
    I'd settle for the substandard gas nozzles if they'd stop putting corn-o-hol in the gasoline.

Boolit Buddy

I am the guy who pays full new retail value if necessary for an old decent gas can at a garage sale. If you keep your eye out you don't have to deal with the new ****.

To me this is one of the best examples of why we need less government oversight. I want to make every dork at the epa use one of these new gas cans for a summer, every day, as punishment.

Boolit Man
    I just got in the habit of 55 gallon drums.

They cost $20 or so up here. I just have 3 or 4 around and transfer as necessary.

At my "in town" house, I keep a drum in my garage that stays there. I keep another for loading in my pickup for trips to the gas station. I also keep 2 more at my remote property.

The one for my truck gets loaded up empty, filled at the station, then transferred via either 12V pump or hand pump depending.

If one at my remote property gets empty, then I take it back to town via 4 wheeler, fill up the truck drum, then transfer it into the one on my 4wheeler trailer at the trailhead parking lot. This way, I never have to manhandle a full drum.

I never touch a "Californified" gas can, as I can refuel all my equipment from the drums. Total investment- $300-$500 for the pumps and drums.

Boolit Grand Master

Anything the new cans might save in emissions is a tenth of what they put in the air from spillage.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    We as individuals have our rights and liberties curtailed by ever increasing governmental regulations, the economy would probably crash if all the government regulators were eliminated and had to find real jobs not to mention all of the contract business that support all these regulators and officials. They worry about us as individuals spilling a bit of gasoline or anti freeze however if you have a permit to drill for gas and oil you can pump deep into the ground semi loads of ethyl glycol and whatever other proprietary concoction chemist's and engineers can create in an effort to produce more fuel production.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast