Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: age of boolet caster's

Boolit Buddy
    36 years old, with 3 daughters ages 18, 15, and 2 years old. My 18 year old shoots with me occasionally, 15 year old does not shoot, and 2 year old is already showing signs of shooting interest by wanting to help me reload, always has to watch me when I am shooting, and shoots a BB gun with my assistance. She loves to sit in my lap and look at my gun magazines. I think that my 2 year old will grow up to be as interested in firearms as I am. I also help a 15 year old neighbor boy with his shooting interest. He is also wanting to learn about reloading so I had him over and am teaching him the ins and outs of reloading. I recently watched over him while he loaded 20 rounds of .223 for his rifle. I agree that we should help young people get interested in firearms in any way that we can. They are the future of our sport.

Jody

71 and holding, been shootin' black powder over 55 years, rimfire and centerfire longer than that.

TTC
    NRA life member (benefactor)

Turned 68 in Dec. Started handloading(shotshells) in the mid-fifties, prompted by a Popular Mechanics article called "Kitchen Table Handloading", if memory serves. Used home made tools, and a bathroom scale, kinda like the lee loaders. Bulk smokeless was still available.
    Morgan

Boolit Master

60+ ... getting tired and going to bed earlier as the days go by!

But it beats the alternative!!!
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

In Remembrance

74+. Started @ 3: when my father died my mother took me out in the rowboat and taught me to shoot bullfrogs with her SS Savage .22 boltie, holding onto my dress so I didn't fall in. Been casting off and on since '47, founded three gun clubs along the way which are still active, started teaching/coaching rifle/pistol/shotgun in '53 and can proudly claim hundreds of successful students. Competed in all three disciplines from '56 to about '96, but retired from it all when the body failed. Now I just tinker and load with what is left of my 'battery' for sheer enjoyment when I'm able to. But ya know what? I'm learning new things about our sport every day on this fine forum! THANK YOU ALL!

Boolit Buddy

63 and counting--retired ==no kids--shooting since 10 yrs old.
    Bullshot
    Bob
    You make your own reputation. No one makes it for you.
    NRA Benefactor

I am 46 and I have a daughter that is college age and a son that is 14. I was raised a hunter, shooter and a reloader. Both my children like to shoot. My son likes to hunt and has been killing deer since the age of seven. I have just started to cast boolits for mine and my son's .45ACP pistols. I plan on casting for my other pistols and my .444P outfitter as I gain more experience.

I love this site!

Boolit Bub

Smile

I am 38 with 2 & 6 year old daughters not shooting yet. My son is 9 & loves my (his as he calls it) 22/45. He also shoots his 22/410 combo. I have taken him skeet shooting as well. I don't know who was happier when the birds broke!!! Good times.

Boolit Bub
    34 And still waiting to grow chest hair instead of this dang nipple fuzz

Boolit Master
    I be 51 and been shooting since about ten. Have a 16 yr old son who loves to HUNT not too much for shooting but does have probably 10,000 22LR rounds under his belt and has reloaded some 218Bee ammo for use in "His" Win Model 43 (he thinks its his). My 14 yr old daughter has shot some but is pretty indifferent about it. I try to promote hunting/shooting to as many people as I can

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    54, with lots of hard off road miles. A true fix'er-up'er.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    I will be 58 soon. I've been casting, and scrounging lead, and reloading, since very early 70's. I've been shooting since a long time before that - more than 50 years.

My good friend, Larry Cunningham, in the Air Force, got me started down the slippery slope, casting and reloading. I lost touch with him when he went to VN and I stayed put. Larry, we gotta talk, man....

Boolit Master
    ric, understand 'off road miles'...

Smile

Board won't allow posting a message that short, though.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Be 53 next month and all 3 sons, 32, 28, and 26 love to hunt. Youngest one the only one really interested in what I do in the shop. Grandson is 5 and have his first deer rifle in the works.
    If it doesn't shoot an ounce of lead, its a wimp load.

Boolit Master

Just turned 65 this month. I've been reloading since the late 60's, started casting in the early 70's when I started shooting pistols. About the only hunting I liked to do was pheasant hunting and that petered out around here by the end of the 70's. As a kid guns facinated me and got my first .22 at 12. Today I'm still gun crazy. Sat & Sun I shoot sporting clays with other old farts and tell a bunch of lies. Two or three times during the week I shoot pistol at my home range or Bullseye at a local indoor range. The rest of the time I spend casting and reloading to keep up with my shooting. It's a tough job but I do my best to keep up!

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    77; started with a "tin" soldier casting set in 1942, round balls for my Colt 1860 about 1950, boolits a few years later when I got into refilling cases with a 310 tool for a Trapdoor and a DCM '03-A3.

floodgate

39 for the next month or so...Been shooting almost all of that. Casting boolits for about the same

33 and counting I have been shooting since I can remeber, I can remeber going threw 3 bricks off 22 in the first day out camping and my dad saying " never thought you could make me go broke shooting 22". Started reloading 6-7 years ago and casting a few years ago gotta feed the trigger finger.....
    Ill be as nice as you let me and as mean as you make me, your Choice

Boolit Buddy
    64, retired. Started shooting since age 10 with a Marlin 56 LeverMatic (still have it). Casting since the late seventies.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast