Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: age of boolet caster's

Boolit Mold
    53 this year

35 for a while longer ..... dang July is coming fast.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Boolit Master
    42 here, been casting for over 20 years off and on.

Banned

At 105 I do pretty good. Still cast a little bit.

Moderator Emeritus

44 in march. Been reloading about 2 years and casting my own boolits since january.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master

66 and working on staying around for awhile. Started shooting a bb gun at 7.
    .22 at 9 and 12 gauge at 10. Became a NYCPD cop at 21 and retired at 41 as a Lieutenant. Began to seriosly shoot at 44 and started reloading in '90. Casting in '95 and paper patching just last month.

Retired fully last year and working on developing loads for my M-1 and .303. Enjoy all aspects of sport but really like smelting and casting. I wish I could sell my reloads but the liabilty aspects of it scare me to death. I have learned more about casting and smelting inthe last 3 years from this site and I look forward to learning more.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Master

70 started shooting a slingshot in 3rd or 4th grade. Was on school rifle team with my trusty Remington 581T and carried it to and from school openly. In Los Angeles believe it or not but that was over fifty five years ago. Left Kommifornia when I went in the military in '57 and on discharge in '65 never went back. Started handloading in '66 or 67 and started swaging my own pistol bullets in '70 started casting in '73. Guess you could say I'm hooked for life now. Hope I can enjoy my future to Pat Martins age.
    Marty-hiding out in the hills.

Boolit Buddy

61 yrs old Viet Nam vet. Hope to retire end of this year. Reloading for nearly 40 yrs but cast my first boolits this winter.

Boolit Buddy
    30 years here, and have been casting for more than 20. I could barely see over the rim of the pot before my father taught me how to cast bullets for his .357. I still cast those bullets for him, and I still love it.

Boolit Mold
    67, just starting to cast bullets.

3 daughters but none care much about the outdoors or shooting. 7 Grandkids but only one lives close enough to corrupt. He is 12 and I've had him hunting with me since he was 4. His Mom made him wait until he was old enough. He has taken 1 hog and 4 deer. Before I let him handle his first BB gun, I made him identify all of the parts and recite the Rules of Gun Safety. When his Mom decided that he was old enough to shoot his first deer with Grandma's(now his) Remington 222, I taught him to reload his own bullets. He's good at it.

When I learn enough about casting, I will teach him.

His current passions are playing football, hunting and fishing. He has taken a doe this year and we will be hunting again after Thanksgiving.

Boolit Master
    just a young 71.
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

Beekeeper
    Dang you guys make me feel young
    Just turned 74 and have no intentions of slowing down
    Casting for only a couple of years but do it for all weapons.

Jim

46. Stepped away from the trigger for ten years until a few years ago.

Wish I had the same vision now.
    Lighten up, life is too short.

Boolit Buddy
    52 this year.

Started when I was 18. All my "mentors" and friends were in their 40's. They are all gone and I don't see many casters coming behind me. I don't know what our future holds.

Steve

Boolit Master

59, three daughters, no other hunters in the family.

Boolit Master
    69. Been shooting since I was 6 or 7 got my first 22 single shot at 13. I have 4 children, 3 of which gave me 23 grand children 12 boys 11 girls. All most all like to shoot. I'm hoping some of them will take up casting.

Boolit Master
    59, been hunting since age 24-25, and trained both my sons to hunt too over the years. One still does occasionally out west in Colorado. The other one would like to if he had more time with family and work absorbing all his time and money...we all go through that.

I have only been reloading for a couple of years and just started casting this year.

Joe

37. Starting shooting .22's in the Boy Scouts 25 years ago or so. Always wanted my own guns but grew up in a house without guns. Military solidified my interest and I bought my first handgun shortly after ETS, back in 95. Been shooting since, but I'm just now becoming an 'active' shooter, and I've just taken the leap into reloading/casting. I have four kids, the oldest being 5, and I plan on ALL of them growing up with guns (God willing).

Boolit Buddy
    Probably really started shooting when I went to the Army. I'm still excited about shooting that big Browning 50 and watching it arc tracers at 3000 yards. Since that time I've been slightly active with shooting my whole life. Retired and moved to Michigan 14 years ago. Joined a gun club and went "nuts". I do lot of shooting now. And reloading, casting, fishing, enjoying the woods, and Lake Michigan.
    Oh, and a bonus. Have my own 100 yard range off my back patio.
    Enjoy

40 here.
    No wife or kids. Been shootin since I was 7 or 8.
    Just started casting last month. Havin a blast with it.