Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: age of boolet caster's

Boolit Mold

age of boolit casters . . .

48 but who's counting!

Got all my Dad's old stuff from the 60s and 70s . . . why not use it

Smile age of bullet casters

turn 56 in april have been shooting and loading since early seventies.
    started cast boolits about 15 yrs ago. first mould 266469 for my 6.5x55.
    now have added 10 more moulds and use them all. need one for my 358 win.

Pushing 70, better than pushing daisies. Got 'retired' 2 yrs ago. Wife wouldn't let me buy a kayak so I bought a gun instead 3 yrs ago and started shooting. Started casting last week. Have to have something to keep the brain from turning to mush. Oh, shot a shotgun and 22 once when a teen, M1 for a day in the service. Other hobby is fly-fishing, playing bass and guitar. Unfortunately I always lived in the big city but love the Colorado mountains.

Boolit Man
    Coming up on 46. Four grandkids. Just got into casting and the fine art of procuring buckets of wheel weights from various places last year.....

Four sons having four varying levels of interest in the shooting sports.
    A daughter who probably falls somewhere in the middle of her brothers.

58, and not complaining. Just hope I can retire soon and just sit and cast/reload/shoot. But unfortunately, kids are in college and need to provide until they are both on their own. Love the grand daughter tho, she is a barrel of fun. Too bad only have a month a year to spend with them.

52 yrs young.I feel like a kid most days.I love casting, shootin 3 gun matches,and mountain biking.Wife got a good laugh when I started riding a bike.My moto days are gone.

Boolit Bub

Been shootin since I was 12 years old. Been reloading since 21 years old. I'm just getting started casting.

Boolit Mold
    51, no kids

Boolit Master
    62 here. Three children and four grandchildren. Getting back into shooting after too many years making excuses for not doing it instead of making time TO do it. One granddaughter who may be interested enough to turn into a shooter.

Boolit Buddy
    66 and have been reloading about 2 years now. My son, 28, is just starting.

Most of my reloads are BP cartridges.

Boolit Buddy
    41, three kiddos. Started shooting when I was 12, then it kinda dropped off till I hit college. Started reloading 4 years ago (thanks Obama!) and I'm starting casting this year. I hope to pass on some of this knowledge to the kiddos. My dad did a terrible job with that...

Cheers,
    _coder

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” - William Pitt

I'm 36, have a 13 year old daughter, who has her own 10/22 and h&r 20 gauge slug gun. She shoots all of my guns very well, hunts and enjoys it all.

Always carry, never tell.

Boolit Master
    59 in May, ran my first round ball for 51' navy Colt on an old cast iron range, back in late winter 69'.

33 although I started casting around 30.......
    "And finally, the Baby Bear looked and he said, "Somebody's sleeping in my bed, and the bastard's still there!" But Goldylocks had a Remington semi-automatic, with a scope and a hair-trigger!"

Boolit Mold
    Will be 45 this July. Just started casting. Just got pistol permit this year. Waiting on my new Kimber to be put on my NYS license. (first gun). Just came home from local gun show with new 12 guage Mossberg for the wife (her first firearm). My 11 year old is very interested and will be smelting & casting with me. He will be participating in airgun event at local gun club in 2 weeks (1st time); but that is cause he can't shoot .22 until 12yrs old and larger caliber till 14 yrs old; at this particular pistol range. We also will be going up with neighbors to upstate NY property to shoot some more this summer; that's where he'll get more experience. LOL. So I guess you can say my wife and I are a little late to the "party"; so to speak; but I am not making that mistake with my 11 yr old. My 4 yr old; he will have to wait. My 16 yr old daughter not interested as of yet; but I'm not giving up on her just yet...lol.
    Tim

Boolit Bub
    I'm 33.... been shooting since I was about 7, reloading for a couple years and not casting yet. That will change once I buy our first house.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm 32 and started casting last summer. Started reloading only a couple years or so ago but have been shooting ever since my grandpa started me shooting pigeons in the barn with the old Red Ryder.
    They try telling me that I'm crazy but we know better.

Super Moderator

52 here, I just started boolit casting this year. I have been shooting & reloading since I was 21. Can't believe I waited this long to try my hand at casting.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021