RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: age of boolet caster's

Boolit Bub

Question age of boolet caster's

I have noticed that most shooter's and boolit casters at my local gun club seem to be around my age -mid to late 50's or so it seems. I'm worried that our shooting, casting, and hunting hobbies are being erroded by the anti-gunners. Is my perception being skewed by my age or do you feel that I am correct in my perception? I noticed a few years back that my daughter came home from school and announced that she felt that" guns were bad." I asked her where she got that perception and she said " from her teacher at school." I was proud that before I could answer my wife of 35 years answered her with " guns aren't the problem. They are tools that can be used for hunting,recreation and bring enjoyment to many. Bad and irresponsible people cause the problems." Now my wife doesn't particullarly follow my hobby of collecting old military rifles and she can hardly tell one rifle or handgun from the other. Sometimes that is a good thing as it is easier to convince her that I really need another gun or another mold or some other related device. I guess I am getting long winded here; but can some one set up a poll as to how others perceive my observations? For my curiosities sake? I am computer challenged but learning. Thanks: 8mmshooter

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Boolit Master

51, with a 4 and 6 year old. And believe me, they will be shooters. My wife also helps with the pro gun/self defense thing, as she was born in Cuba and has seen first hand what can happen when the gvernment takes over everything and you can't defend yourself.

Boolit Master
    43, with 3 teenage daughters. 2 of them enjoy shooting.

Boolit Master
    Edmond, Oklahoma - that's N. of the Red River
    61, retired early and am all about grandkids.

Dave

Boolit Master

57, retired, two grown kids,son and daughter,both grew up around and shot all types of firearms including MGs. Both own or collect firearms. 4 grandkids ,1 is old enough to take shooting and teach firearms safety. He will never be a problem. Waiting for the others to grow a little.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Bub
    64 retired have all the grandkids shooting

Tom

Boolit Mold
    53 and wanting to retire

freedom loving, young, and a teacher

I am sending this post from the faculty lounge in between classes. I am 27, teaching Latin in Northern Kentucky, and proud to report that most of my students (private school) are conservative! Some of us do make it out of the collegiate thought thresher with our morals intact. Their idea of "diversity" is complete unity of Marxist thought. Keep the hope, and keep challenging the garbage my associates pour into the minds of young people.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

40, one kid who is ambivelent about shooting, but is completely at ease around firearms.

Boolit Bub
    40 years of life so far. Hopefully many more.
    Trez Hensley
    Custom Stockmaker
    American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Boolit Master

Wherever they hire Philosophers & Misanthropes...
    Aye. et Braccae illae virides cum subucula rosea et tunica Caledonia-quam elenganter concinnatur!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Do you teach the kids the really important sayings?

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Plvres crapvla qvam gladivs

Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum.

Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur...
    A Democrat that owns Guns is like a Vegan that owns Cats...
    C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
    Gott und Gewehr mit uns!...
    Death is only The End if you assume the Story is about You.
    1.618034 Fnord
    מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין - Daniel 5:25-28 - Got 7.62?

Moderator Emeritus
    53 this year.

One son 26 who shoots when he can and one daughter 24 who shoots with me at least once a week and shoots competitively in military rifle leagues with some success.

Don't you just hate it when people are naturally good at things.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Grand Master

I'm in complete, 100% agreement with black44hawk. A huge problem throughout the shooting sports and the entire Second Amendment issue is getting the youth involved. If we don't get the youth shooting today in 20 years NOBODY will be shooting. It's the same at our club, very few youth and the average age is in the 50's and up. It's made far more difficult by the indoctrination centers. Far more important than readin, writin and rithmetic is getting their minds "right". It's shocking how very little Founding era history or Constitution is taught today.

Graduate the high indoctrination center and move right into the center of higher indoctrination.

Go out of your way to take a kid shooting with you, the future depends on it.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

66, to retire soon. No kids so I try to show shooting in desirable light to anyone I can.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Boolit Mold
    I am 34 but I did not get into the hobby of shooting till around 28 when money loosened up from rasing kids i have a 6 and 9 year old boys that love shooting and 11 year old daughter that loves to shoot my 13 year olds kind of on the fence

In Remembrance

63 in July and youngest son will be 17 the next day. The other four sons are 29,39, 40, 43. All shoot as does 2 DIL and grandson(13). Wife says she is to busy cooking and cleaning when kids come, so leaves shooting/hunting to us. She does like to fish. DALE

Boolit Master

62 in a couple days. I think that shooting will go down the tubes from lack of interest. The kids today would rather play computer games than go shooting. Whenever possible I try to help a youngun when the opportunity arises.
    I don't have any kids, just a godson with his first on the way so I get to be a surrogate grandparent. Unfortunately it is a girl, but maybe a tomboy. Still a number of years before she will be ready.
    I don't get to spend much time with him, career and family at this point.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Master

Might as well say 66 and be done with it. Retired and supporting a farm and having a ball./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    Just turned 63 ,been a shooter since about 6 (with grand dad's help)

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast