Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: age of boolet caster's

65 and retired since February, 2008. Been shootin' since 1959 and castin' and loadin' since 1970. My big retirement lesson: 24 hours in a day is just not enough time to do nothing.

Around 53 Started shooting when I was five. Got my first licence at eleven. Started reloading about fifteen. Cast boolits for a local gun shop about fifteen. Reloaded basically my whole life, though there were sporadic eras and never any heavy duty reloading. I have never shot a deer with factory rifle ammo. Started casting .50cal RBs for myself in the late 80's. I began casting other boolits about three years ago for various guns. Casting boolits is and intriguing.

Ooops, Pardon me. I shot three deer about 25years ago, 1 with a 7x57 and 2 with a .270 with factory ammo.
    Last edited by OnHoPr; 11-10-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Boolit Mold
    37 started reloading a couple years ago and casting a couple months ago. can't remember a time when i didn't shoot. My dad started me out early and it seems to have developed into a lifelong activity. started shooting USPSA matches a few years ago and spend the majority of my shooting time either practicing for that or shooting those matches.

When not shooting or practicing for matches i take my 2 sons to the range to shoot rifles, and my older son is just getting into pistols but is only 10 at this time so is limited in what pistols he can shoot. With that said i definitely think there is starting to be a separation of what is looked at as good VS bad in the schools these days. my wife teaches 4th grade and is constantly telling people that guns are just another tool and can be dangerous just like any tool that is not used the right way.

the other thing i see is that kids who are not growing up around guns tend to glamorize them more due to video games and movies then kids who shoot on a regular basis. Now mind you im not blaming the video games and movies but you take something that a kid has been told is bad his whole life and put it in front of him and the first thing he is going to do is play with it. I blame parents more then anything.

Boolit Buddy
    67 been casting bullets longer than I can remember.

47 years old, I have been reloading for three years, very addicted would like to learn how to cast my own boolits, seems like the right thing to do.

I'll turn 50 this coming Monday.
    I started reloading shotgun shells with my dad and brother when I was 9 or so. Started casting with my dad a few years after that.
    I'm a retired firefighter after 22 years of service.
    I went back to shook at 40 to get my teaching degree. Still putting out spot fires haha.
    Love going out and shooting!
    It don't take all kinds...we just got'em.

Boolit Bub
    I am 33 y/o Army vet. with 2 kiddo's. My Father-in-law introduced me to reloading 4 years ago and gave me my first press, dies, book, and components. I then picked up casting because I'm cheap and introduced it to him.

61 a couple weeks ago. Loading & casting since '73 & still love it.

Boolit Master
    61 and proud of having raised a couple of gun shooting kids. Together, we have converted many a non-shooter. One guy bought a gun on Gunbroker on his way back home after shooting clay pigeons for the first time. Now he has 2 shotguns.

Boolit Buddy
    60 retired,reloading since 1976.Casting since 1986.Two grown kids daughter and a son,both shoot when they can.That is when they find my [spare] ammo.But they always buy components,new reloading gismo, or what ever is on my wish list for gifts.

Boolit Mold
    55, started shooting round 10, bought first rifle age 17 (me not the rifle, it was older) started reloading at the same time and casting bullets at 25

Turned 67 last month. I have been shooting since I was twelve years old. I started reloading in the early'80s & bullet casting a year or two later.

Boolit Man
    I'm 26 I started shooting at about 5 with a bb gun then went to shotguns at 9. I've been shooting ever since. I'm currently teaching my nephew how to shoot and handle guns. Little snot's actually pretty good at it. lol I took up reloading 2 years ago and just took up casting. I'm addicted to it and not looking for a cure.

Boolit Master
    60 and a partially disabled Vietnam vet & former Marine Sgt. Ooooh Rahhh! I've been around firearms since my daddy let me take his .22 Stevens out at probably 8 years old. Not to mention my military training with a rifle. In bootcamp we shot the M-14 and after boot had to return and qualify with an M-16. Since Vietnam, you can keep the M-16 and it civilian version AR-15. I have 2 AK-47s and an M1 Garand plus my smokepole and BP pistol. I'll take an AK anyday over an M-16--didn't like the little plastic rifle then and don't like it now. Why would I want a high power .22 rifle? Give me a 30 cal. anyday.

If the world don't end in the next couple of years, I plan on adding a 30 cal. pistol to my collection--CZ 52 if I can find one.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Caster View Post
    60 and a partially disabled Vietnam vet & former Marine Sgt. Ooooh Rahhh! I've been around firearms since my daddy let me take his .22 Stevens out at probably 8 years old. Not to mention my military training with a rifle. In bootcamp we shot the M-14 and after boot had to return and qualify with an M-16. Since Vietnam, you can keep the M-16 and it civilian version AR-15. I have 2 AK-47s and an M1 Garand plus my smokepole and BP pistol. I'll take an AK anyday over an M-16--didn't like the little plastic rifle then and don't like it now. Why would I want a high power .22 rifle? Give me a 30 cal. anyday.

If the world don't end in the next couple of years, I plan on adding a 30 cal. pistol to my collection--CZ 52 if I can find one.
    Just traded one of my cz 52 for a sig p220, also i have a 45 cal ar15 , its a hoot

Boolit Bub
    34- Been casting and reloading for a bout a year now and just dove all in . Love it and learn something new everyday here.

latesvak

I'm 43 and have been casting for 3 or 4 years. Been reloading for about 10.

49, raised super-liberal, never was allowed to touch a G-word growing up, so naturally rebelled later in life. Been hunting and shooting since early '90s. Been shooting a whole lot more since 9X18 Makarov went from $26.89 a box at the range to $3.40 a box at my shed out back. (Thank You Cast Boolits!) The second of three sons shoots also. Consistently kicks my butt in clays. The first went to college an agnostic and returned a nihilist, last is a bit young yet... but we'll see.

I'm 41. I've been reloading for over 15 years and casting for about 5 years.

Boolit Buddy
    35, tryed to start casting at 20 for a 32/20wcf. Lack of Knowledge and info back then. Life got in the way. Started casting again last year for a 25/20wcf, much better now days with a wealth of knowledge at ur fingertips.
    Thanks internet
    Thanks Cast Boolits!